Here Now - DVC & BWV Observations

disneynutz

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
CM confirms that room request info isn't always attached to the room reservation. Resorts have discussed this several times with DVC but problem still exists.

BWV is still having exterior painting done, the rooms next to the main pool and some rooms on the boardwalk where the pillars are.

Resort Christmas decorations budget was cut again this year, lobby decorations are noticeably less than previous years.

The crew that inspects the rooms after housekeeping has been disbanded. They would help coordinate the cleanings for problem rooms and lend a hand where necessary. They also did after cleaning inspections. Now the housekeeping manager does the inspections when they have extra time.

Room is clean and in good shape. Never got the room ready text, the door sill below the balcony door never got finished when they rehabbed. This is the second room here at BWV to have the issue, other rooms have a finished piece that covers the door jamb.

CM confirms that room request info isn't always attached to the room reservation. Resorts have discussed this several times with DVC but problem still exists.

BWV is still having exterior painting done, the rooms next to the main pool and some rooms on the boardwalk where the pillars are.

Resort Christmas decorations budget was cut again this year, lobby decorations are noticeably less than previous years.

The crew that inspects the rooms after housekeeping has been disbanded. They would help coordinate the cleanings for problem rooms and lend a hand where necessary. They also did after cleaning inspections. Now the housekeeping manager does the inspections when they have extra time.

Room is clean and in good shape. Never got the room ready text, the door sill below the balcony door never got finished when they rehabbed. This is the second room here at BWV to have the issue, other rooms have a finished piece that covers the door jamb.
It's a shame to hear of even more cutbacks.

MG

We enjoy going home to BWV but never were blown away by their Xmas decorations in the past as I was @ other resorts. Disturbing to hear they cut back even more.

Have you visited any other resorts? Curious if their decorations, too, have been scaled back

We enjoy going home to BWV but never were blown away by their Xmas decorations in the past as I was @ other resorts. Disturbing to hear they cut back even more.

Have you visited any other resorts? Curious if their decorations, too, have been scaled back
Me too. I will do a bit of investigation tomorrow, as we may visit the MK. I will try to ride the mono to scope out those resorts. Not sure if we'll get to Epcot.

MG

I have always loved the gorgeous garland, just dripping with ornaments, that has decorated the BWV lobby in the past. I hope that hasn't been discontinued. A few years ago the great lobby displays were replaced with a kiosk selling gingerbread. I was never a fan of this change.

Closeup of garland (sorry about quality of photo):
[URL=http://s412.photobucket.com/user/jekjones1558/media/IMG_0042.jpg.html][/URL]

Old:

New:

There are 7 special gingerbread houses on display in BWV lobby, very cute!

I'm at Disney Springs now.
The drone light show is okay. Not great. It's very short and I could only make out two pictures... the Christmas tree and the angel. It was less than 5 minutes long.

MG

In the BWV lobby they added some 7 foot trees and tables displaying some small gingerbread houses. They also added a table with some bagged items for sale. Next to that the have a couple of tables that advertise the decorating class and a phone number to call for pricing.

In the BWV lobby they added some 7 foot trees and tables displaying some small gingerbread houses. They also added a table with some bagged items for sale. Next to that the have a couple of tables that advertise the decorating class and a phone number to call for pricing.
This sounds better than the huge gingerbread kiosk. Wish I were there.

And a little odd since our dues pay for it and the housekeeping expense just goes up every year. Any savings for DVC ought to come back to the owners.

That is the risk of timeshares. I don't know how DVC is set up, but my understanding is that SOP for timeshares is that the builder and management company are usually the same (not officially, but practically). So I would bet that DVC is paying the same amount for housekeeping, but cutting back on services so that the management company makes more money. In other words, paying more for less is a win for Disney if they also own the company that manages DVC.

That is the risk of timeshares. I don't know how DVC is set up, but my understanding is that SOP for timeshares is that the builder and management company are usually the same (not officially, but practically). So I would bet that DVC is paying the same amount for housekeeping, but cutting back on services so that the management company makes more money. In other words, paying more for less is a win for Disney if they also own the company that manages DVC.

The management company gets a fixed percentage of the dues. There are a few other things that can end up back in their pockets but cost savings should not be one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter