Here Now - DVC & BWV Observations

I actually like the decorations better this year at BWV. The only thing we noticed missing was the big Gingerbread carousel which I never liked. I like the multiple trees with the ornaments and the small gingerbread house contest in the lobby. My kids decorated large gingerbread cookies (free). It was very nice and they had a schedule of all the food decorating events for the month.

I actually like the decorations better this year at BWV. The only thing we noticed missing was the big Gingerbread carousel which I never liked. I like the multiple trees with the ornaments and the small gingerbread house contest in the lobby. My kids decorated large gingerbread cookies (free). It was very nice and they had a schedule of all the food decorating events for the month.

Can an adult decorate a cookie? My sister was to join me at BWV tomorrow, but she cannot join me, and I will be alone for 3 nights. I figure to take things easy at the resort.

Today is the last day of the Disboard Podcast cruise. We are on the Oasis of the Seas, and I have to say that Dreams Unlimited has done a great job hosting the cruise. We've gotten special gifts in our room, it's almost as good as a being in Fish Extender group on a Disney Cruise!

On the other hand, we have eaten with some folks who have been on RCCL a lot more than I have. I've been in many conversations where the bean counters at RCCL are being blamed for cut backs within the various loyalty levels and gambling perks.

Bobbi:beach:

Can an adult decorate a cookie? My sister was to join me at BWV tomorrow, but she cannot join me, and I will be alone for 3 nights. I figure to take things easy at the resort.

Today is the last day of the Disboard Podcast cruise. We are on the Oasis of the Seas, and I have to say that Dreams Unlimited has done a great job hosting the cruise. We've gotten special gifts in our room, it's almost as good as a being in Fish Extender group on a Disney Cruise!

On the other hand, we have eaten with some folks who have been on RCCL a lot more than I have. I've been in many conversations where the bean counters at RCCL are being blamed for cut backs within the various loyalty levels and gambling perks.

Bobbi:beach:
Yes, everyone was doing it. They were really nice large cookies. It isn't something time consuming but the people helping were very nice and seemed to be looking for people to chat with them.
The Sunday schedule for cookie decorating is 1-3 in the lobby. They are doing cupcake decorating at Amples Mon.-Wed. We didn't see it in time to do it but that looked interesting too.

IMO the resort lobby isn't the place to decorate cookies. Why not use the activity center?
I think they might be trying to get more people. We had a voicemail about family fun night on our phone being held between 8-10 one night. We stopped in at 9:30. The lady said nobody showed up for it.

Yes, everyone was doing it. They were really nice large cookies. It isn't something time consuming but the people helping were very nice and seemed to be looking for people to chat with them.
The Sunday schedule for cookie decorating is 1-3 in the lobby. They are doing cupcake decorating at Amples Mon.-Wed. We didn't see it in time to do it but that looked interesting too.

I will be there tomorrow! Thanks.

As far as where they do it, I do not know if they have food activities in the Community Hall. At WL they decorate cookies in Roaring Fork, the counter service. There may be a problem mixing food things with paint, glue whatever crafts they do. I have not done a food activity at BWV Community Hall or seen one done. Really, there would be room in lobby from what I saw a week ago. We left for Podcast cruise last Sinday.

Jean, the beautiful garland is here and as lovely as ever!
Wish you were here with me!
Oh how I would love to be there! I was just looking back at some photos and videos of our past December trips. I know I can count on you to enjoy yourself enough for both of us. Merry Christmas, Bobbi!

I actually like the decorations better this year at BWV. The only thing we noticed missing was the big Gingerbread carousel which I never liked.
The carousel was/is at Beach Club. Boardwalk had a gingerbread-cookie store in the lobby the past couple of years, I believe.

I'm pretty sure that we saw the YC train set and BC had the gingerbread carousel.

It's up and lots of trees, swags and garland. Maybe some of it was not up yet when some came. I have seen no cut backs at all.

Also closed at BC, YC, and WL. They do have a concierge moveable desk sign that they set up at the front desk. At BWI/BWV the old concierge desk is closed and not staffed but it is decorated with Christmas decorations. I asked why and was told that the decorators must not have gotten the memo! :-)

Concierge desk at YC, BC, and Kidani last night. Maybe it is staffed as needed but it was open then.

The carousel was/is at Beach Club. Boardwalk had a gingerbread-cookie store in the lobby the past couple of years, I believe.
I guess it was a gazebo??? (someone posted a picture on the first page of this thread) I guess I always thought of it as a carousel because of the shape - not impressed. The gingerbread cookie store was there with it in the past. This year it was gone (as of a few days ago) and the cookie store is a table with someone selling cookies and bark. I like the decorated trees with the small gingerbread houses better. The one we liked best was log cabin which was done really well.

I think the thing is things change. Some of us are fine with changes and others are not. Some see changes as being a decrease or lack of service and others simply see it as simply as different and sometimes better. So far I have neither experienced or seen any decreases in service or decorations. I did not like previous gingerbread display at BW. I have not been over there yet but plan to and will report back.

What are they doing with the space under the stairway to the Village Green where they used to have the Kids Club?

I think the thing is things change. Some of us are fine with changes and others are not. Some see changes as being a decrease or lack of service and others simply see it as simply as different and sometimes better. So far I have neither experienced or seen any decreases in service or decorations. I did not like previous gingerbread display at BW. I have not been over there yet but plan to and will report back.
To a large extent I agree with you.
What gives me heartache is when something is taken and replaced with nothing.
The lights in Epcot come to mind when you were walking from Future World into World Showcase.

MG

The lights in Epcot come to mind when you were walking from Future World into World Showcase.

MG

i agree I miss them.

MG
The Lights of Winter. I loved those, too.

We were there in November. I don't recall if BWV had the Concierge desk open or closed. We never needed them, so I never looked. The front desk handled all of our new member type questions. The second half of our stay, we were at Kidani and the Concierge desk was open as they helped us with boarding passes the night before. The airline checkin was greatly appreciated the morning we left. We did not use Magic Express, but the people at the airline checkin we awesome!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter