Here Now - DVC & BWV Observations

We were there in November. I don't recall if BWV had the Concierge desk open or closed. We never needed them, so I never looked. The front desk handled all o four new member type questions. The second half of our stay, we were at Kidani and the Concierge desk was open as they helped us with boarding passes the night before. The airline checkin was greatly appreciated the morning we left. We did not use Magic Express, but the people at the airline checkin we awesome!

We have used the concierge at Kidani every day while here.

Yacht Club more beautiful than I remember.

Just speaking for the Epcot resort hotels, we may be a plus 1 here.

Can't speak for other hotels or the parks.

MG

Good point.... we are locals so pics are not on our forefront.

That said, I am a critic of Disney, but in this case I will give credit where credit is due.

Epcot resorts are decorated better than I have ever seen them.

Nice job.

MG

This makes me smile! Wish I could be there - looking forward to next year's visit. :)

MG

I agree, Yacht club had decorations on everything that was not moving. I counted about 20 in Captain's Grille alone. Had a fabulous meal there too.

I agree, Yacht club had decorations on everything that was not moving. I counted about 20 in Captain's Grille alone. Had a fabulous meal there too.
I am pretty sure we have an ADR at the Captains Grill on Jan 3, I hope the decorations are still up! I never made it over to BC or YC when I was there!

I am pretty sure we have an ADR at the Captains Grill on Jan 3, I hope the decorations are still up! I never made it over to BC or YC when I was there!

They were gorgeous, especially the swags. The shorts ribs were to die for.

MG

I walked thru YC and BC yesterday and they both seemed to be the same as in the past - nothing reduced. All the swags, wreaths, trees and little village were up. ::yes::

What we noticed and what we were told by various CM's is that YC/BC/GF had most of their decorations still the same with some minor changes. BWI had another lobby change this year, and across deluxe property some swags were replaced with Christmas boughs. Last year VGF had swags going across the walkway between the GF and VGF and this year the swags were replaced with boughs.

Disney seems to reduce slowly so as not to be as noticeable. A couple of years ago we noticed that some of the small Christmas trees were not put up at some of the Disney owned restaurants.

:earsboy: Bill

The one place that my family commented on was CRT - no Christmas decorations up in the main dining room which surprised us all. But, I haven't eaten there in several years and I don't think I ever have during the Christmas season so I have no idea if that was normal although I expect it was.

The one place that my family commented on was CRT - no Christmas decorations up in the main dining room which surprised us all. But, I haven't eaten there in several years and I don't think I ever have during the Christmas season so I have no idea if that was normal although I expect it was.

At the Contemporary the Mickey wreath was missing above the monorail entrance. One CM said that they were told to tell guests that it is down for maintenance another told us that it will be put up before the end of the year..

At the Contemporary the Mickey wreath was missing above the monorail entrance. One CM said that they were told to tell guests that it is down for maintenance another told us that it will be put up before the end of the year..

Didn't get over there this year - only used the ferry. Last year it wasn't up either but they were working on the windows on the end of the CR and that was the excuse.

Down for maintenance. Ha! That's awfully long maintenance for a giant wreath.

I walked thru YC and BC yesterday and they both seemed to be the same as in the past - nothing reduced. All the swags, wreaths, trees and little village were up. ::yes::
We have been going to WDW for so many years that it's possible the same decorations could diminish over the years.

That said, this year they truly caught our eye. The seemed fresh, and seemed everywhere... most notably walking from BWI/BWV lobby to Belle Vue Lounge.

MG

We have been going to WDW for so many years that it's possible the same decorations could diminish over the years.

That said, this year they truly caught our eye. The seemed fresh, and seemed everywhere... most notably walking from BWI/BWV lobby to Belle Vue Lounge.

MG

I ran out of time to get over to BWV but these were from last year for comparison. As I understand they didn't have the Gingerbread Shop so perhaps other things changed also:

20151207_132803_zpskg0o6wxk.jpg

20151207_132651_zpsnf8yqhke.jpg

20151207_132914_zpslyiv8nk7.jpg

20151207_132934_zpsbx8n9szz.jpg

20151207_133224_zps2swhljw2.jpg

20151207_133806_zps6poztk1w.jpg

I didn't get any great pictures either last year or this at YC but I honestly did not see much, if any changes. Here were a couple from last year:

20151207_120415_zpseuxhzupv.jpg

20151207_121122_zpse1oyemp8.jpg

And YC this year:

20161220_131409_zpsbkwrct3h.jpg

20161220_131445_zpsmrnjk6qi.jpg

20161220_131348_zpshq43nayr.jpg

To be honest, there is no way I can tell from pics. Both look great.

My whole point is that I often give Disney the "business" for cutbacks, but now I'm giving kudos for a job well done

Are the decorations different? Yes.
But I feel they are better.

MG

To be honest, there is no way I can tell from pics. Both look great.

My whole point is that I often give Disney the "business" for cutbacks, but now I'm giving kudos for a job well done

Are the decorations different? Yes.
But I feel they are better.

MG

I agree they seemed more lush and elegant. I was very pleased everywhere we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter