Here Now - DVC & BWV Observations

We noticed the gingerbread display was missing at BWV Thanksgiving week this year. All other decorations appeared to be the same as last year.

During Thanksgiving week, Mickey in his pajamas was there for story time. It was really cute. My kids are teenagers and didn't participate but the little kids loved it!

I didn't notice if the concierge desk was open or not. I didn't have a need to use their services.

We had a standard view and were upgraded to Boardwalk view. Mickey was out in the green space two evenings playing games and hoola hoops with guests.

We noticed the gingerbread display was missing at BWV Thanksgiving week this year. All other decorations appeared to be the same as last year.

During Thanksgiving week, Mickey in his pajamas was there for story time. It was really cute. My kids are teenagers and didn't participate but the little kids loved it!

I didn't notice if the concierge desk was open or not. I didn't have a need to use their services.

We had a standard view and were upgraded to Boardwalk view. Mickey was out in the green space two evenings playing games and hoola hoops with guests.

You resurrected a 2 year old thread???

Last edited:
Reactions: js

This is so true! Darned if you do and darned if you don't on the Dis!
And we all realize this. The reason it's often pointed out is as a point of reference to the thread's validity, not as an admonishment.

We seem to never be getting the texts that the rooms are ready anymore. We have to just wait until after 4 and go to the front desk. That's been frustrating the past couple of trips.

We seem to never be getting the texts that the rooms are ready anymore. We have to just wait until after 4 and go to the front desk. That's been frustrating the past couple of trips.

We usually go to the front desk to check and see if our rooms are ready and usually we get in before 2pm or earlier, not sure if it speeds up the process or not to talk to the front desk but seems to work for us.

I ran out of time to get over to BWV but these were from last year for comparison. As I understand they didn't have the Gingerbread Shop so perhaps other things changed also:

20151207_132803_zpskg0o6wxk.jpg

20151207_132651_zpsnf8yqhke.jpg

20151207_132914_zpslyiv8nk7.jpg

20151207_132934_zpsbx8n9szz.jpg

20151207_133224_zps2swhljw2.jpg

20151207_133806_zps6poztk1w.jpg
Thank you

I agree, The flooring is my main complaint. It has an industrial feel to it and the room echo is almost garage like. I won't be surprised if I see area rugs on a few roof racks.
The new flooring hurts my feet bad. I couldn't figure out at first why they felt bruised then realized it was the ribbed hard flooring so I have to wear flip flops or slippers all the time now. No rest for my feet after walking around all day. Rooms are cold, not a homey feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter