Has anyone's daughter been picked to be the special Cinderella yet?

I have 3 children, This may sound cruel, but in the last year when they whine..."Why did so and so get this? Why didn't I get that?" I respond with "Because I love so & so more"!!

Now it is a big joke. The whining turns into a big laugh. Sometimes quietly the child who was complaining will smile and say, "I know you really love me more!!!"

It has become a way to even the playing field, laugh and talk about loving each other!

HookdonWDW said:
I guess I must be the only cold and heartless mom out here. :confused3

Life is full of disappointments, and there will be many occassions where one child receives something and another one doesn't. I think of it as a growing experience.

I can honestly say that if one of my children was picked for a special moment at Disney and the other one wasn't (and yes, we've had this happen!), the one that wasn't picked would be happy for the one who was. We've had it happen with siblings and cousins. It's just not a big deal.

JMHO, YMMV
TOTALLY agree!!! We are travelling w/extended family and there are 4 girls and 3 boys. If my dd4 were to be chosen...someplace would freeze over before I said no to her opportinity!!!!!!!!! Heck, I would be so happy that I would treat all the kids to ice cream!!!!!!!! ;)

THe same would go for my dd if one of her cousins were chosen

Also agree that I am NOT breathing a word about it to ANYONE!!!!!!!! So if the magic happens...it happens!!!! :)

Wow, some of you need a Mickeybar. :mickeybar It is a special gift given to a child to be in the parade as Cinderella. Do I want my child to be picked? Of course I would love it. But am I going to stand on Main Street for 5 hours so she "might" be picked? NO. There as so many more magical moments to be found. I hope none of you get yourselves so worked up you forget why you are there. To enjoy the magic. :wizard: Where ever that might be

Debbie

My daughter, sister to 3 brothers, would be thrilled to death if she were picked to be a princess. After all these years of living with boys, she would so revel in it! But would I mention it to her? No. It should be a part of the Disney "magic"....that unexpected pixie dust that you receive from time to time. To me, she is a special princess every day. (Well, OK, maybe not EVERY day......)

However, it will be interesting to watch when we travel to Disney later this month :)

Looking forward to seeing if any of our disers girls are picked. It will be nice to hear about the experience!

someone's experience. I have 3 girls and since we are leaving until 11/5 I won't have to worry about one being picked versus the others, but I'd love to hear what happens and I've told my girls about this program (they know it ends before we get there) but they'd love to hear what happens to the chosen Princess.

We all just love going to Disney and my girls love the Princesses no matter whether they meet one and get a "lipstick kiss" or a beautiful keepsake picture. But I think they'd love to hear the story and maybe dream for themselves what it would be like if it were them. . .

I hope we get to hear from someone, so I'm bumping the topic up.

When ee were there in 2002 while watching the parade at MK my DD4 was picked to walk with a character (still don't know his name) while the parade was stopped in front of us and my DS 8 grabed the camera to capture the moment as did her 2 cousins. They were very happy for her.

I agree with not telling them about the princess of the day, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't then there is no let down.

I can't wait to see pictures of the first princess!

WeLoveThePoly said:
DH & I only have one child; a DD so bring it on! ;)
But, alas, we aren't going this October. :sad2:

This reminds me of that Full House episode where Stephanie is crowned princess for the day at WDW and her older sister DJ gets upset.

Debbie

actually, michelle is crowned princess for the day and stephanie get's upset. sorry, just had to say that since i'm obsessed with that show :rotfl:

So no one on here has had this happended to thier daughter yet? I am waiting to hear about THEIR experience.

Debbie

smfritz03 said:
I have 3 girls--although one is only 16 mths---now if they saw another girl get picked, they would be in awe and "wish" it was one of them and daydream about it. They wouldnt be green eyed--they understand that not everyone gets the same things in life. We've been sure to teach them that at an early age. However, at the ages of 6 --if one of them was chosen and the other wasnt, it would be a huge disappointment for the one. Im not sure what I would do, because I wouldnt want to deny one that opportunity, but at the same time, I dont want the unchosen one to feel the disappointment and wonder if she wasnt "pretty enough" (yes, 6 yr old girls do think that) or whatever other thoughts come in. My kids would be happy for the other, they have shown that this summer in Disney when one would get something a little extra or whatnot---and im sure the one chosen would be alittle disappointed not to share it w/ the others--actually Im positive on this. So what would I do---well---at their CURRENT ages, if they hadnt heard the offer, I would decline or see about making an "honory princess" (not in the the parade or anything--but just TELL her that and I'll buy the dress and stuff). The reason I would decline--or make every attempt to avoid this is because I would rather both my girls have the dream of someday having that opportunity and give them something exciting to daydream about vs one being picked and the other not and feeling like she will NEVER have that chance because she wasnt chosen the first time. There are just some things in life better to dream about than experience.
I whole heartedly agree. Well said.

I've been wanting to see if Diser's child has been chosen yet - I hope that someone posts soon -this would be so cool!

I was talking to my mom the other day and she said that there was an article in the local paper about a little girl from Iowa that was chosen to be Princess for the Day one day last week. She said from the article it sounded like a really magical experience. princess:

I hope we hear from someone from the dis to post here soon :teeth:

Children do get jealous in familes. I know my boys would be that happens sometimes. They also need to learn to get over it and do in time. This is not going to be an issue for us with boys.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a parent at WDW getting a child up at 5am and dressing them up. Honestly princess for a day or not we all get more excited than our kids about it :) I know I am so excited to see my boys faces I could pop. They have no idea about what they are going to see and are excited but no more so than the thought of going fishing, this time.

TaDa I found an article!
Independence girl "princess for the day"

INDEPENDENCE --- Tia Whited's trip to Disney World ended more magical than most.

The East Elementary first-grader hadn't been in the park more than 15 minutes when employees asked her parents if she'd like to be the honorary princess of the day.

"None of us had ever been there before," Nate Whited, her dad, said. "We kind of had this deer in the headlights look."

The surprise meant Tia, 6, would ride in Cinderella's horse-drawn coach during the day's parade past Splash Mountain, through Liberty Square and down Main Street USA.

Disney World employees measured Tia before the parade "and came back with the whole outfit --- the dress, the gloves, the tiara," said Nate Whited, who rode next to his daughter in the coach as prince charming.

"I wore a little sash. I was trying to make myself as invisible as possible," he said.

An actor in the parade entourage then ceremoniously introduced Tia "from Independence, Ohio."

How Sweet! On their first time to MK too! :goodvibes
What a great memory for that little girl....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter