• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone's daughter been picked to be the special Cinderella yet?

mamaprincess said:
Uggh! I can't even give one of my girls a paltry piece of candy without giving the other one the same thing. Anything done for one has to be done for the other one when it comes to my girls, they would have fits if one of them recieved such special treatment and the other one was left out.

There may be some special children out there who could handle it but I know my girls and they would not be at all happy.

Mamaprincess, I also have twin daughters and we have to make sure everything is equal or there will be tears. It would cost me a lot if only one daughter was chosen since I would have to get a similar dress for the 2nd one. :earseek:

Why can't they do something like this for adults? Those of us that just don't want to grow up? I would make a great Fairy Godmother!

aterriq, we know twins are a serious situation. It would also be expensive for me because Id have to build a coach and hire characters for a special parade so the other twin could have the same experience. :rotfl:

My dd's would probably turn it down. DD1 would be embarrassed and DD2 is VERY shy and suffers from severe anxiety. DD3 is still pretty young.

I remember that Full House episode! But wasn't it Michelle who gets picked and Stephanie who gets all bent out of shape because it was supposed to be her turn and Michelle went in front of her?

Acklander said:
As the mother of all boys, I don't think this would be a big deal for any of them. They consider the prince/princess thing to be a "girlie" thing and they wouldn't want any part of it. Now if it was hanging with the power rangers - THAT would be a completely different story.
Totally agree. My DS(7) would not want anything to do with being Prince Charming. Now he may want to ride in the carriage just to be part of the parade though, (he's a ham) :)

I know I would love to be Cinderella for the day too - I really can be princess material!! :)

princess: Yep, it was Michelle who got picked and Stephanie who was jealous. My DD7 loves that episode and wishes that she could be picked! Were not going until Novmeber though. Heck, My DD15 would LOVE to be picked also. I think there might be a fight if princess: DD7 got picked and not princess: DD15. They both love Disney Princess' princess: . I have friends down there right now, but I guess her DD has not been picked because she would have called me. I spoke to her the morning before they went into the MK and told her Good Luck!! princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess:

Acklander said:
As the mother of all boys, I don't think this would be a big deal for any of them. They consider the prince/princess thing to be a "girlie" thing and they wouldn't want any part of it. Now if it was hanging with the power rangers - THAT would be a completely different story.

LOL - DS to a 'T'. Although he would probably be even more thrilled if that big red dino from "DINOSAUR" offered to play 'Sharptooth' with him! :rolleyes: Boys...you gotta love 'em!

However - we still havn't heard of any little girls being picked - hoping to hear from someone. :cheer2:

There's been 5 so far - we've got to have a DIS'er at least once in the month so we can hear about it!

I guess I must be the only cold and heartless mom out here. :confused3

Life is full of disappointments, and there will be many occassions where one child receives something and another one doesn't. I think of it as a growing experience.

I can honestly say that if one of my children was picked for a special moment at Disney and the other one wasn't (and yes, we've had this happen!), the one that wasn't picked would be happy for the one who was. We've had it happen with siblings and cousins. It's just not a big deal.

JMHO, YMMV

WeLoveThePoly said:
DH & I only have one child; a DD so bring it on! ;)
But, alas, we aren't going this October. :sad2:

This reminds me of that Full House episode where Stephanie is crowned princess for the day at WDW and her older sister DJ gets upset.

Debbie

Oh my God! You read my mind. I was just going to post about this episode (my dd caught it in reruns - it is a 2-parter). Scary when Full House is a reference point on a discussion board for adults! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

blessedby3 said:
princess: Yep, it was Michelle who got picked and Stephanie who was jealous. My DD7 loves that episode and wishes that she could be picked! Were not going until Novmeber though. Heck, My DD15 would LOVE to be picked also. I think there might be a fight if princess: DD7 got picked and not princess: DD15. They both love Disney Princess' princess: . I have friends down there right now, but I guess her DD has not been picked because she would have called me. I spoke to her the morning before they went into the MK and told her Good Luck!! princess: princess: princess: princess: princess: princess:

Yes, Michelle gets chosen, but only because she "cut" in front of Stephanie. It was supposed to be Stephanie's turn - part of why she was so upset! But hey, the ended it with a very special character tea party in what appears to have been Toon Town.

But I digress . . . :rolleyes1

Yeah, my two daughters would be crushed to be the one not picked to be the cinderella for the day. I don't necessarily think they'd resent each other, but they'd be so disappointed at getting *so close* to being picked and then not going and seeing your sister up there when it could have been you. A stranger up there, well, then it's more of an, aw, lucky for them, how awesome! sorta thing.

If we were there in October, I'd actually make it a point to avoid any potential scenarios where one of them might be picked. They both love Disney, why give one kid a strong negative memory and the other kid a strong positive memory of that event?

For us, I'd just let them enjoy the everyday wonder of Disney and be cool with that.

I have a 7 yr. old and her father and I are taking her down to the world on the 19th for the MNSSHP. Now because of this, I have to go show up at MK every morning for a chance at this! I know she probably wont get picked, but this is what we do for our kids...I'll get up at 5 am if I have to, camp out at the bus stop, whatever it takes.....the things we do for our children....have a magical day!!! :wizard:

My best friend would say thanks but no thanks if one of her girls got picked and the other did not. It would not be worth it to her to deal with the other child. Not to mention everything is equal in her house.

I on the other had I be trying 27-30 for my dd 3 to be the princess. We are traveling with one of my friends and her dd 9. I am planning that when we walk in the park we will not walk together and meet up at the end of Main Street. Both of our girls would understand if the other got picked. They have both learned that sometimes one of them gets stuff and the other does not. It is just life.

I also agree I will do whatever it takes.

I am taking my DD (7) to Disney at the end of the month. She is my only child. I am hoping they look for girls who appear to be an only child. My DD would absolutely love this!! princess:

As the mother of 4 daughters, one with Asperger's, I am glad we aren't going in October. It would be just another thing for her to see that she would NEVER be able to do and would make her incredibly upset with herself. I do NOT like the whole idea. While it is special for the "chosen one", I believe at WDW, *every* little (and not-so-little) girl is a princess, only little girls don't quite understand if they are princesses, too, why aren't they getting the "royal treatment". Yes, I know (probably better than some), life is full of disappointments, but why do they make disappointment a given at the happiest place on earth? :confused3

Life is full of joys as well as disappointments......

it's amazing how such a magical experience can turn into such an awful thing...let's keep this thread positive please as I would love to hear about the experince if a DIS'er is lucky enough to get chosen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter