• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone's daughter been picked to be the special Cinderella yet?

It's probably one of those *pure magic* things, like being picked to be GM - you can't necessarily 'work it' your way.

VSL said:
It's probably one of those *pure magic* things, like being picked to be GM - you can't necessarily 'work it' your way.

I would imagine it must be and I HOPE it is. Wouldn't want it turning into a waking Tinkerbelle kind of thing where the craftiest and fastet parent wins (not all of the time, I know - just recalling a previous Tink thread that let me know I would NEVER try to be first!)

The thing people have to consider is that think about how many people are in the MK on a given day. Now think about the odds of someone from the Disboards being picked. Hopefully someone will. The experience would be one in a lifetime.

Just found this on the web from today's Plano Star Courier. Another chosen princess:

C.J. Schofield, 6, of Plano is given the "royal treatment" as the Cinderella Honorary Princess of the Day on Wednesday during her vacation at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. In honor of the DVD release of the Disney animated movie "Cinderella," 31 little girls - one each day in October - will be chosen to precede the Magic Kingdom "Share a Dream Come True" parade in Cinderella's horse-drawn glass coach. The Cinderella Honorary Princess of the Day is adorned in a Cinderella gown with matching tiara for the royal occasion. She also receives a copy of the "Cinderella" DVD. Schofield was joined by her "Prince Charming," her grandfather Coy Schofield of Plano.

FRITS-2AWILD_story.jpg

disneyjunkie said:
Wouldn't it be nice if they picked both a Cinderella and a Prince Charming? That way boys would also be able to take part.

My DS (6) :earboy2: LIVES for Cinderella! He'd be honored to be the prince...

Also to add to the Teacher Training piece of "Fair isn't equal". DS (6) started in pre-K last year and came home with this saying... "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit". I've heard him use that with friends while playing so it really sunk in! :banana:

I just finished reading this thread, I think that it is a cute idea although my dd is "beyond" princess, she is now 9. I do believe that the magic is special when it just happens but as a parent you can help contribute to that magic. As someone mentioned they know that the family that is pick as grand marshal is usually picked within the 1st hour of being open and it's done on Main St. Well if you want to be that family, you should try to hang around Main St and have a great time. Exactly 5 years ago, when my dd was a huge princess fan, we were watching the 3pm parade on Main St. I picked our location based on seeing the parade earlier in the week, we sat right outside of Casey's because I saw that was a point where they stopped and characters came on the street. We decided to buy lunch around 2:15 and sit on the curb and eat so we have a front row spot. When the parade started and here came all of the floats, there was a Cinderella float that went by and Cinderella looked right at my dd and smiled and waved to her. She was very excited, she was in this cute little dress (because it was phase for 3 yrs where she only wore dresses) and she had just had her face painted in Toontown. Anyways, the float past us a couple of feet and then stopped, Cinderella and the Prince came off the float over to dd and took her by the hand on the road with other characters and were dancing with her and then they picked other children and were dancing in a circle, she was in the middle of the Prince and Cinderella. My dd was in heaven, as were we and we video'd the whole thing. Magic did just happen, but I did help by knowing where to be, but we would have been just as happy if she wasn't picked which is what I think makes the difference. We've experienced other magical moments too over the years, including riding Pooh's ride with Tigger - knowing we had to be there when it first opened, but were just happy to be riding Pooh's ride. My kids were picked to help in the Lion King Show where the kids dance around at the end, but my kids were the ones that stayed up with Timon at the end and said something. They loved it again as did we but that wasn't the point of us going to the show, just a nice magical touch. Again I will say as a parent you can help your children to have to potential to be picked, but I suggest that you don't tell them what you are doing (so you are not building up a letdown) and enjoy the moment no matter what happens.

What a great story and wonderful memories. I do believe the same thing as you, don't tell them but place them where they need to be.

Thanks for the tip about Tigger. I did not know that Tigger road first thing in the morning. We already ride it about 10 times a day so we will just start there first next week and maybe we will see Tigger and maybe we will be very lucky and ride with Tigger.

Related to the above:
A friend of mine's daughter rode the Dumbo ride with Mickey Mouse. Needed to be the 1st on the ride. Then again, when the ropes dropped, he held her like a football, put her under his arm, and sprinted toward the ride - he is quite athletic. (Not my kind of fun or magic . . . but to each his own - I guess!)

lillygator said:
day 26...we leave this afternoon...I can't wait to see the honorary princess in the parade!! :)
I certainly hope for your sake that someone for your family is chosen! You have been eagerly awaiting this event for quite some time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter