• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone's daughter been picked to be the special Cinderella yet?

Ava83 said:
TaDa I found an article!
Independence girl "princess for the day"

INDEPENDENCE --- Tia Whited's trip to Disney World ended more magical than most.

The East Elementary first-grader hadn't been in the park more than 15 minutes when employees asked her parents if she'd like to be the honorary princess of the day.

"None of us had ever been there before," Nate Whited, her dad, said. "We kind of had this deer in the headlights look."

The surprise meant Tia, 6, would ride in Cinderella's horse-drawn coach during the day's parade past Splash Mountain, through Liberty Square and down Main Street USA.

Disney World employees measured Tia before the parade "and came back with the whole outfit --- the dress, the gloves, the tiara," said Nate Whited, who rode next to his daughter in the coach as prince charming.

"I wore a little sash. I was trying to make myself as invisible as possible," he said.

An actor in the parade entourage then ceremoniously introduced Tia "from Independence, Ohio."

Hey cool that city is right down the street from me:)

I have 3 boys and one girl and she is a princess to her parents and brothers. I think the highlight of my DS9's trip would be to see his 7 yr old sister having the trill of her life.

This is one of those things I see alot amongst my friends families....trying to keep everything equal all the time and not make a sibling jealous....all you can do is love them all equally - after that- life is pretty unequal....I teach my kids to be happy for each other when another has something great happen to them...they all delight in each others good fortunes as much as in their own....this is a big life skill to learn and I think the best time to learn it is when you a young with your own family. ..

Kids that flip out because a sibling had something nice that they did not have seem very unhappy to me...with 4 kids I don't have the time to keep score on everything....as long as they know I love them all the same and TRY equally for all of them they are hAPPY.

graygables said:
As the mother of 4 daughters, one with Asperger's, I am glad we aren't going in October. It would be just another thing for her to see that she would NEVER be able to do and would make her incredibly upset with herself. I do NOT like the whole idea. While it is special for the "chosen one", I believe at WDW, *every* little (and not-so-little) girl is a princess, only little girls don't quite understand if they are princesses, too, why aren't they getting the "royal treatment". Yes, I know (probably better than some), life is full of disappointments, but why do they make disappointment a given at the happiest place on earth? :confused3

Do you also say - " I don't know why the state lottery only picks one winner? Why are they setting me up for disappointment?" - I doubt you do - you don't even think about it - If my daughter gets picked - great- she won the lottery - If not - well I haven't even told her about it and I doubt she will notice - so no skin off her back - I don't buy her lottery tickets everyday and say maybe today you will win and set her up for that disappointment either...

The East Elementary first-grader hadn't been in the park more than 15 minutes when employees asked her parents if she'd like to be the honorary princess of the day.

Wow, that is wonderful for that Ohio girl. I would love for my girls to get that chance, (we aren't going in Oct though.)

It seems from the article, that they had asked the parents before approaching the girl. Now what would happen if they had asked the parents if one of their girls could be princess for the day??? Would the parents then have to choose???? I have one that would be too shy but the other would be in absolute heaven. I guess I would have an easier time than others, but it seems like surely, in the case of two or more girls in a family, something would be done for the other girl(s).

My shy one would love to wake up Tinkerbell, (she is sooo into Tink) but I have never told her about that because there is no way I'm racing up Main Street like a bat out of ... :ssst: only to lose to someone faster. Good grief, if they NEED to have that experience to make their vacation worth it, they can have it. Frankly, I think it would embarrass my daughter too. I love to stroll around Main St and just enjoy being there. So many people in this world never get to do even that. There's magic in just soaking it all in too.

"Life is not fair" is one of the hardest lessons kids learn, but one kids do need to learn. Heck, it's a hard lesson to teach. My heart breaks when one of my daughters is dissappointed. I would not like to START teaching this lesson at the Magic Kingdom.

I hope that a DISer gets this special opportunity!!! I wanna hear all about it!!

I'm anxious to see what the dress the little girl gets to wear looks like. Is it from one of the stores in the park, or very elaborate? Hopefully someone from the "Board" will be chosen and we can see a pic. and hear more info.

Beth

From AOL. Happens in the AM it seems

Cinderella Honorary Princess of the Day
at The Magic Kingdom
My Rating:

Rate & review

View:SummaryEventsTicket Marketplace
Walt Disney World Resorts
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830
15.31 Miles Away
Get directions | View map

Phone: 407-934-7639

Next event:
10/10: 3:00PM
Find places nearby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-Mail this page
View printer-friendly page
View official Web site

From the Editors
The Disney princess craze reaches a new high with the first-time DVD release of the motion picture 'Cinderella' and a chance for the ride of a lifetime for little girls: a seat in Cinderella's crystal coach in the 3PM parade in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort. Each day in October, one lucky girl get chosen -- the selection is random and happens each morning as guest enter the Magic Kingdom.

The 'Honorary Princess of the Day' gets a Cinderella gown and tiara for the procession. She's accompanied by banner carriers, coachmen and Cinderella's adorable mice, Suzy and Perla. After the ride down Main Street, U.S.A., the honorary princess has a private meeting with Cinderella herself. (And, of course, get a free copy of 'Cinderella' on DVD.) -- Pam Brandon (Photo: Walt Disney Company)

Ava83 said:
TaDa I found an article!
Independence girl "princess for the day"

INDEPENDENCE --- Tia Whited's trip to Disney World ended more magical than most.

"None of us had ever been there before," Nate Whited, her dad, said. "We kind of had this deer in the headlights look."

The surprise meant Tia, 6, would ride in Cinderella's horse-drawn coach during the day's parade past Splash Mountain, through Liberty Square and down Main Street USA.

Disney World employees measured Tia before the parade "and came back with the whole outfit --- the dress, the gloves, the tiara," said Nate Whited, who rode next to his daughter in the coach as prince charming.

"I wore a little sash. I was trying to make myself as invisible as possible," he said.

An actor in the parade entourage then ceremoniously introduced Tia "from Independence, Ohio."

OMG - that is too weird - I grew up in Independence and it is a pretty small community. I'll have to ask my parents if they know the family. "It's a small world after all..."

There's a picture on a post at another website of the princess of the day in the coach.

I can't post links yet. It's the WDWMAGIC site, click on "News and Rumors" and the topic is "The World Update 10-9-5."

What a wonderful thing. She looks beautiful.

:wizard: I hope we get to hear about it first hand from someone on DIS. Here is some pixie dust for everyone who is going in October. :wizard: :wizard:

Debbie

Oh my...that is just too cute!!! Man, I know at least one little princess that would love that!!! princess:

disney20050011.jpg

:wizard: For any Disers going in October!!!

When we were at MK 10-3, the little girl they chose was BEAUTIFUL! I can't remember her name or where she was from, but what a pretty girl!! She got announced & rode thru the parade route before SHare a Dream Come True started in Cindy's carriage..I was so happy for whoever this little girl was!

What a beautiful moment she will remember forever. We will be there next week. I know my DD5 would love to be choosen but I am sure there will be another little girl who's family deserves to have a little magic come thier way. I am wishing everyone pixie dust :wizard:

WOW, that's just gorgeous, how special for those lucky little ones!!! :wizard:

Did Cinderella ever reach the ripe old age of "51", put on a few pounds after having all those princesses and princes, and dye her "graying" hair a nice shade of auburn??? I'd LOVE to ride in the carriage!!! princess:

I suppose Prince Charming never had gray hair either, darn. :rolleyes:

Now what was the Fairy Godmother's number again??? :goodvibes

I love the carriage...it is gorgeous!

You know I wonder if WDW is aiming for a certain age group when asking the girls...I am betting 6-10ish ages.

We'll be there the end of Oct and I can't wait to get pics of this carriage!! I wonder if you can see it anywhere other than the parade....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter