Get something off your chest here!!!

I will preface this by saying that I have had a WONDERFUL pregnancy. I had problems in the first trimester when I was carrying multiples, but nature resolved the issues for me and I have had no issues since. Physically I have felt 100 times better than I have in 20 years!

However, with only one month left...
I am cranky.
I am tired.
I am tired of having to get up every 30-60 minutes during the night to go to the bathroom.
I am tired of needing help to get off the sofa or out of bed.
I am tired of dropping things and being unable to pick them up.
I am fed up with doctors asking me if I feel this or that or the other and when I say no, they look at me skeptically and say "Are you sure?" Then they add, "Because you know, you ARE 40 years old." What, something MUST go wrong just because I'm 40?
I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, but my numbers have stayed well within - and often lower - than the specified ranges, WITHOUT CHANGING MY DIET OR EXERCISE PROGRAM. The diabetes department at the hospital told me that if my numbers are good after a month or so, I will be allowed to test and report less often. It's now been 11 weeks. So I am tired of having to watch the clock and stab my fingers 4x a day...and I've gotten to the point where it's difficult to get blood out now.
I am tired of going to the doctor every week and the first thing out of her mouth is "How are your sugars?"
Also because of the GD diagnosis, I am tired of my insurance company calling and sending letters to sign me up with a "personal health team"..."to help control your diabetes." I'M FREAKING PREGNANT!!!

Okay, with that said, I can't wait to have this baby. Not just to end all the above - because I'm well aware that healing from birth is quite the process itself - but I am SO READY to see him and hold him!

DH's health is not good. Hasn't been and won't be for some time, if ever.

You know he's not working, can't because he's not cleared to by the dr's. Can't collect unemployment because, he can't willing except an offered position, because of not being cleared by the dr's. Disability while in the pipeline, you know how the government works. :rolleyes: At best we'll see some thing in Oct. At worst, who the heck knows.

The conversation has been had, more than once, so just please stop asking me what you can do for us, then do nothing.

Stop asking us to go out for an evening and get all outta sorts when we say we can't because there is NO money for anything beyond the basics.

Don't question me why if there is no money, is DD18 still dancing. It's called the studio awarded her tution that covers part of it, ga-ma is paying part of it, and a friend who is a former dancer and loves DD to death, didn't want to see her miss out on her Senior year of dance, went to the studio and paid a huge portion of her bill up front. Otherwise, she many not have been dancing. It's cost you nothing, so don't worry about it.

OK, I'm all good for now.

My wife told me, just a few weeks before our wedding, that she and the girls were getting together for what she called a "wedding shower". She said it was already paid for but that she needed about $1,000 more from me, all in small bills. Now, I've been reading the DIS for a while and have gained some knowledge and I just can't believe this!!! She didn't have what any NORMAL person would call a shower at all! She, and her friends, went to the local Chip and Dales event with all those "small bills" and had a grand ole time. Wasn't her mother or MOH or someone else supposed to provide the tipping money? I can't believe I fell for this. Where was the DIS when I needed you? It's been an almost 25 year marriage and I'm rethinking everything at this point!

Neither Chip nor Dale has asked for a tip any of the times I've seen them. Am I doing something wrong? :P

Neither Chip nor Dale has asked for a tip any of the times I've seen them. Am I doing something wrong? :P

It made no sense to me either, but she insisted it was a shower requirement. I had no idea Chip and Dale had such a following.

Your house, your rules. There's no reason to put up with lack of manners or other annoyances while the kids are in your care. It would be different if this was a day or two, but there are weeks to go before school starts. Do the kids a favor and teach them right!

They do behave when they are with me, but the moment their mom is around, nope. It's only about two hours, three days a week. I just wish she had rules for them and made them use manners, but that would mean she might have to parent and that's hard work.

* I should have said they USUALLY behave with me! But I'm also not a pushover and I babysat them for five years so they know I don't tolerate certain things

Can smokers PLEASE stop throwing their cigs on the ground? Was getting air at a WaWa yesterday and it was disgusting all the discarded cigs laying around. Ya see less in Ontario, none in Costa Rica. But in Orlando it's awful.

They do behave when they are with me, but the moment their mom is around, nope. It's only about two hours, three days a week. I just wish she had rules for them and made them use manners, but that would mean she might have to parent and that's hard work.

* I should have said they USUALLY behave with me! But I'm also not a pushover and I babysat them for five years so they know I don't tolerate certain things

By best friend had two kids that could be a handful. They knew to behave when I was around. I had a system where if they were too loud in the car when I was driving, they had to pay me a quarter. I only had to collect once for them to know I meant business. When her daughter (my goddaughter) wouldn't stop playing with the power lock button I warned her she would be walking home and no sooner did I say it she did it again. I pulled the car over and told her to get out. Now she was only about 9 and I was not going to leave her there but the fact that I stopped and told her to get out was enough for her to learn I meant what I said and there would be consequences. She never did it again. My friend couldn't understand why they behaved for me but not for her. Kids need consistency and they need to know that consequences are real.

Yes Ocean City. Have you seen this?

Not this summer....yet. I'll be there in late August. But, yes, in the past 4 or 5 years, I've seen plenty of what you described. People crossing the street where there are no crosswalks expecting drivers to stop; people crossing at intersections with traffic lights while they have the red light; some drivers being "too polite" and stopping when pedestrians are still 15 feet away from the intersection.

A few years ago at 9th & Bay Avenues, a cyclist sped down Bay Ave across 9th without stopping or slowing down while 9th had the green light. A car had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting him. Cyclist gives driver the middle finger and speeds on his way.

I wasn't aware that a pedestrian being hit while texting and wearing headphones was the reason for the changes.

I may be a Shoobie, but I try to be a good one. ::yes:: We usually stay in the area between 18th & 22nd along Asbury or Central.

NO!! :)

There was a thread about this recently, several of us still write checks and it takes no longer to do that than it does to use cash or a debit card. Sometimes it's even quicker as in when a person swipes their debit or credit card, puts it away, enters their pin, it didn't "take" so they have to swipe it again.... People pay with the method they prefer. If someone behind them doesn't like it, too bad.

It takes no longer to pay with check IF you have your act together. Too many people do not. When I used to pay with check at the grocery store, the only thing left to fill in at the end was the amount. Most people (in my experience) still have nothing filled in when the total is given. And some insist on filling out their checkbook log before they fill in the check. THESE people are the ones who give check writers a bad name.

I haven't written a check at the supermarket in about 20 years. I agree if check writers don't have their act together, they cause an unnecessary delay.

However, in my experience over the past 5 years or so, it's the people having problems with debit or credit cards that cause far more delays than check writers. Card doesn't work; they swipe it five or six times; still doesn't work. They dig into their wallet for a different card. Swipe that card. Still a problem. Dig out a third card.......:sad2: :faint:

Just an observation. I really don't care how people pay. I'm never in a hurry. There are a dozen other pet peeves at supermarkets that bother me more than how someone pays.

My wife told me, just a few weeks before our wedding, that she and the girls were getting together for what she called a "wedding shower". She said it was already paid for but that she needed about $1,000 more from me, all in small bills. Now, I've been reading the DIS for a while and have gained some knowledge and I just can't believe this!!! She didn't have what any NORMAL person would call a shower at all! She, and her friends, went to the local Chip and Dales event with all those "small bills" and had a grand ole time. Wasn't her mother or MOH or someone else supposed to provide the tipping money? I can't believe I fell for this. Where was the DIS when I needed you? It's been an almost 25 year marriage and I'm rethinking everything at this point!

What can be more wholesome and innocent than meeting Chip and Dale at a wedding shower? Ex-wife went to see them a week before we got married. I must confess that I was somewhat suspicious, but she showed me this photo as proof, and it eased my mind.

Ex and her sister with Chip and Dale: ***
chip and dale.jpg

Hmmm, but somehow she was never able to satisfactorily explain what these two guys were doing there:
SNL Chippendales.jpg

***Not ex and her sister, but rather a random public domain photo from the internet.

Last edited:
By best friend had two kids that could be a handful. They knew to behave when I was around. I had a system where if they were too loud in the car when I was driving, they had to pay me a quarter. I only had to collect once for them to know I meant business. When her daughter (my goddaughter) wouldn't stop playing with the power lock button I warned her she would be walking home and no sooner did I say it she did it again. I pulled the car over and told her to get out. Now she was only about 9 and I was not going to leave her there but the fact that I stopped and told her to get out was enough for her to learn I meant what I said and there would be consequences. She never did it again. My friend couldn't understand why they behaved for me but not for her. Kids need consistency and they need to know that consequences are real.

Too funny, sometimes a little bit of a scare is what they need to know you're serious. I stopped wAtching the kids because 1) I didn't get paid for the 20-40 hours I watched them, but mostly because whenever their mom would come around, she'd tell the kids they didn't have to listen to me and I was being too strict (things like not letting them eat spaghetti or cottage cheese with their hands, making them use manners, using manners and a full sentence for things they wanted instead of pointing and saying "ehhh!!!"). My sanity was tested and I thought I was going to be in one of those shows like Snapped. " she was fine, making dinner for the kids, when the children's mother informed her that her kids only liked cold hot dogs and cookies....that's when the "caretaker" could no longer take it and shoved a potato down the irresponsible mothers throat!" Hahahahaha.

This will be short lived and I've barely seen the kids this summer so it should be okay. I have some things planned that will entertain them!

Not this summer....yet. I'll be there in late August. But, yes, in the past 4 or 5 years, I've seen plenty of what you described. People crossing the street where there are no crosswalks expecting drivers to stop; people crossing at intersections with traffic lights while they have the red light; some drivers being "too polite" and stopping when pedestrians are still 15 feet away from the intersection.

A few years ago at 9th & Bay Avenues, a cyclist sped down Bay Ave across 9th without stopping or slowing down while 9th had the green light. A car had to slam on her brakes to avoid hitting him. Cyclist gives driver the middle finger and speeds on his way.

I wasn't aware that a pedestrian being hit while texting and wearing headphones was the reason for the changes.

I may be a Shoobie, but I try to be a good one. ::yes:: We usually stay in the area between 18th & 22nd along Asbury or Central.
cyclists are bad also. When you are biking you are supposed to follow auto rules. You do not get crosswalk privileges. It is interesting about the girl who was killed. So very sad. She worked at Bob's and was on her way to work. I am certain press at the time said she had either headphones or was on her cellphone or was using the phone with headphones. It was in the papers and I have a family on ems who told me this as well. Now when you google the event it doesn't say it anywhere. Initially they weren't charging the driver but they fined him 200. for distracted driving. I would have no problem with more traffic lights. But you are sending a bad message with the crosswalks. People find the law confusing and kids are not learning proper crossing safety.

Parents being too lazy or ignorant to buckle their children in car seats correctly or have their child in the wrong type of seat for their age. Seriously, your child's life may depend on it but you can't be bothered to read your car seat manual???

Oh, and most state car seat laws are outdated and dot represent current best practice. For example, kids under 2 should be rear facing, but a lot of state laws say you can flip the child around at 12 months. Just because your parents "didn't use a car seat for you and you survived" does not mean your child doesn't deserve the safest option today.

stupid fb posts saying I know only one or two of you will post this and I know who you are. Or seeing who my real friends are. Or people who don't check facts and post crazy stuff, or the 2 friends who post way too many gym pics. I didn't unfriend you but I did hide your posts.

And my young adult son who lives with me but is moving out as soon as his apartment is done being remodeled. I hate fighting with my kids. I have lived with three of them in their early-mid 20's. This house is not a frat house. I don't leave dishes until the next day after work or whatever. I don't use my bedroom as a giant walk in closet/hamper. No matter what you say you really don't clean up around here all of the time, or ever. I'm picking my battles right now because I don't want this son's last memories of living at home to be of me yelling about dishes and laundry but ughh. I especially appreciate the moment when you said that my concern over what your new apartment safety meant that I was not really wanting you to move out. Hahahahaha.

It irritates me when people that text while they are walking, bump into and then give you evils!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter