Get something off your chest here!!!

Going and playing volleyball and having dinner out and not returning until midnight, the night before the funeral of your grandfather, causing the son and daughter in-law of the deceased to not get home and to bed until 1 in the moring, as the latter two said they would be nice and come sit with grandma so you could go play your volleyball game and be home by 10, as indicated in the text asking for the help, is not ok. Even though, the son and daughter in-law had things that they really needed to get done themselves before the funeral and would have liked to have gotten more than 5 hours of sleep before they had to start their long, stressful, emotional day, they were trying to be nice and give you a stress break.

Last edited:
From pregnancy woes to birth worries...

The baby is in a diagonal breech position (his head is in my ribs, left side; his feet or bum in my hipbone, right side). I've had 4 major abdominal surgeries, which makes the doctors assume that I have a lot of scar tissue and adhesions in there (I had my final surgery 2 months before we started the IVF cycle and supposedly, the surgeon "cleaned everything up," so hopefully there wasn't time for anything to grow back). I have tried literally everything to get this kid to turn, but he won't. So now they're scaring me with "We really don't want to do a c-section because it's going to be very difficult to cut and then the baby will be in distress. You're probably going to bleed a lot, so we're going to prepare for a blood transfusion at the same time. And you will also have a much longer, harder time healing. We can do it, but be prepared for it all to be a difficult procedure."

Gee, thanks...ya know, dear doctors, that even if he was head-down, if his head is as big as you say, I'd need a c-section anyway and you said NOTHING about it being difficult then! Not to mention that since I'm now so scared and worried, my blood pressure is probably sky-high in the first place... :( I can't wait to be back at home with him and DH at this point.

The baby is in a diagonal breech position (his head is in my ribs, left side; his feet or bum in my hipbone, right side). I've had 4 major abdominal surgeries, which makes the doctors assume that I have a lot of scar tissue and adhesions in there (I had my final surgery 2 months before we started the IVF cycle and supposedly, the surgeon "cleaned everything up," so hopefully there wasn't time for anything to grow back). I have tried literally everything to get this kid to turn, but he won't. So now they're scaring me with "We really don't want to do a c-section because it's going to be very difficult to cut and then the baby will be in distress. You're probably going to bleed a lot, so we're going to prepare for a blood transfusion at the same time. And you will also have a much longer, harder time healing. We can do it, but be prepared for it all to be a difficult procedure."

Gee, thanks...ya know, dear doctors, that even if he was head-down, if his head is as big as you say, I'd need a c-section anyway and you said NOTHING about it being difficult then! Not to mention that since I'm now so scared and worried, my blood pressure is probably sky-high in the first place... :( I can't wait to be back at home with him and DH at this point.
Sending a hug your way :hug:.
It doesn't help when they give you a laundry list of what "could" go wrong. Try to take it one day at a time.
Good thoughts and wishes to you, soon your sweet little one will be in your arms.

One of my two sons turned in the 11th hr. Hang in there Mom, and try not to worry. It's all worth it once our babies are in our arms. God bless you, and yours.

Last edited:

I'm not going to tell you not to worry (didn't work for me- but do try to not let it stress you)
But-breathe in, breathe out. Now-you've come this far. almost there. tremendous journey. Breathe in, breathe out. Dream of your precious little one. Yes recovery from surgery will suck-this will become your proud-warrior-mama-birth story! You will have earned that right the hard way-and it will all be worth it!
:hug: and echoing the "good thoughts and wishes" to you! And in one of your sleep deprived first weeks yet you can't stand to put that precious sweet baby down as he is just too cute and you want to keep looking at him moment-pop in and let us know how things are going:)

Dear husband: you complain that with my new work schedule that you don't see me much. So I get up THREE hours before I have to so that we can have breakfast together and you slam things around, pout, and sigh deeply because me getting up to have breakfast with you upsets your routine. Guess you'll be having that routine for breakfast from now on.

Overopinionated parents, if you have a negative opinion about something my child wants to do, please express it to me and not them.
Your negative opinion causes them to start having doubt about their goal(s) and causes them unnecessary anxiety.
They have a right to have their goals respected, and if you see something that may be a red flag with them achieving that goal, please tell me, and I'll investigate it to see if your insight holds water.

Dear mother - Just shut up and put a sock in it. Your granddaughter is 18. If she wants her hair colored black and red, she is going to rock it like she can. It's not a mountian I am willing to go and die on. It's HAIR!!!!!!! And yes, before we did the perminate color, we test with temp to make sure when she rolled a bun, she could get the black all tucked away. We know what we are doing.

Also, a small tiny nose peircing does not make your granddaughter white trash. Be lucky she is more of a forgiving soul than her mother, as you may not have noticed, I haven't spoken to you in over a month. There is a reason why, you judgemental old lady.

why cant Dept stores start listing Fall dresses online

I am searching or a MOB/MOG dress for Nov-partly outdoor reception (deep South) -I need a dress with a SLEEVE
that is not navy pink or pale blue

why cant Dept stores start listing Fall dresses online

I am searching or a MOB/MOG dress for Nov-partly outdoor reception (deep South) -I need a dress with a SLEEVE
that is not navy pink or pale blue
Try Dillards . Com. They have really nice MOB dresses.

My husband works outside year round, so he's been out in stifling heat and humidity for the last week. I sympathize, I do, I know his job is hard. But I'm sick of picking up his work clothes from the porch (he undresses outside if his clothes are potentially tick-infested) and the kitchen floor. The washer and dryer are literally 10 steps from the front door, located in our sunroom, but he's apparently too tired to walk those 10 steps lately. I work from home, and with school out my days are stressful enough trying to get my required hours in while also keeping after two kids, driving them to activities, and responding to my 4 year old's plethora of questions and "look at me, mom. Watch this" every other minute, bless her heart. I don't really want to be picking up after a third "kid" at this moment. I tried leaving the clothes there with hopes that he would get to them eventually, but I had to break down and pick them up today because our kitchen looked like it was carpeted in dirty laundry and my FIL was coming to dinner. Grrr...thanks for letting me vent.

As an aside, we are celebrating our 15 year anniversary next month!!! Yay for marriage (most of the time, anyway)!

I just learned today about friends who are divorcing after 16 years. Quite shocking and will have ripple effects in our circle and at church for a while. But it's not 'out' yet. So no one to talk to about it.

And we're moving ds to college tomorrow five hours away. So much sadness today has given me a headache.

Why would a 50 year old woman wear "booty" shorts and a stained tee shirt to court??? This was a very important day, we were there to show support and you under-minded our reputation and credibility with your ridiculous attire. Arrrgggggggg

I have been trying to schedule an unpaid internship since early may. I am working for free, it would be nice if the recipients of my free labor would return my emails and sign paperwork before my university deadlines pass. I know this is my priority, not theirs, but come one:-( If you promise something and then change your mind, tell someone. Don't let them hang out wondering what is going on while time ticks away.

On Facebook, pictures of some sad or sick child or adult with the "if you scroll past, you are heartless" or "can I have an Amen". No, I will not be bullied into acknowledging your causes. I have enough in my life that need my prayers and attention. I go to FB to see what's going on in friends' lives and for a little light entertainment.

And while I'm complaining, I have Sis-in-law who posts story after story that clogs up my feed. These have nothing to do with my life or interests. I don't want to put her on "ignore" as I want to get updates about her parents and some other things. She's a Social Worker and she posts every day about Social Work Heroes. I get it, it's a Nobel profession. (Geez, I sound heartless!)

On Facebook, pictures of some sad or sick child or adult with the "if you scroll past, you are heartless" or "can I have an Amen". No, I will not be bullied into acknowledging your causes. I have enough in my life that need my prayers and attention. I go to FB to see what's going on in friends' lives and for a little light entertainment.

And while I'm complaining, I have Sis-in-law who posts story after story that clogs up my feed. These have nothing to do with my life or interests. I don't want to put her on "ignore" as I want to get updates about her parents and some other things. She's a Social Worker and she posts every day about Social Work Heroes. I get it, it's a Nobel profession. (Geez, I sound heartless!)
I have someone that was so obnoxious with excessive bragging, exercise posts, posts about wedding planning, dog rescue, asking questions that could be googled and asking for recommendations for absolutely every retail and service item you can imagine. It wasn't an option delete them. At the time Facebook had an option called "see less of" Not sure if it's still an option or not, but I can still see their page and interact with them when I want to, but their posts do not show on my newsfeed.

Last edited:
My biggest beef right now is people who literally cut corners. People can't make a left turn to save their life in my town. It's like making a 90 degree turn is just too hard. About 60-70% of the left hand turns I see people cut diagonally across the intersection through the corner of the right lane. Sometimes they entirely intrude on the right lane. I almost saw an accident right in the entrance to my neighborhood tonight and I was almost hit both Thursday and Friday by people being lazy/careless with their turns. It's so ridiculous since the speed limit is only 25 most places here and no more than 35. If you can't control your vehicle, especially at that slow of a speed, you shouldn't be on the road.

LOL I was SOOOO excited yesterday
We are in CT and I found my dress for son's wedding at a Dept store we don't have
I had seen it on their website and trying it on was the clincher- tried on but didn't zip it ;)
BUT they didn't have my size
No problem- I would order online and ship it

Of course- MY size is sold out..........:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter