Get something off your chest here!!!

Ocean City, NJ?

Well, if hunters pay to do it legally as part of a culling process, I have no issue with it. But if the story is accurate, he's no hunter, but rather a poacher. The story says he intentionally lured the lion outside its protected area. His FB page has been inundated with nasty messages, as has his dental practice FB page and website. All those accounts have apparently been taken down or closed. Some of his employees are also getting nasty messages.
Yes Ocean City. Have you seen this?

All of the jobs that are out there online require you to submit your resume and/or cover letter online. You don't get a chance to talk to someone to let them know you have been a SAHM looking to get back into the work force. It feels like they take a look at the resume and if they don't see a degree listed, it doesn't get another glance. Regardless of how much experience you have.

OMG!! ^^^ THIS!!
I am a SAHM looking for a part-time job now that my son is out of school. College is expensive, and I am not wanting him to go to work quite so soon, with him juggling college at the same time (I say let him ease into college first since he has never worked).
Back in the 90's, you went inside places to pick up applications, sometimes talked to the manager about the job, and let them see you to get a feel of the type of person you are. Now, it is ALL online. I was shocked to find that after 8+ years of retail/customer service/cashiering experience (overall) that I was not even qualified to work at Ross (as I was told in an email).
:/
AND.... don't get me started on those crazy "mind game" things they make you do :
"You and a co-worker don't get along" - do you A) tell the manager B) ask the manager to not schedule you with them C) call in sick when you are supposed to work with them D) buck up and work with them anyway
SERIOUSLY??!?!?
I have not worked in 10 years and this is going to be WAY tougher than I thought it would be. I just want part-time, 20 hours or so a week!

When I was working, the one thing I used to hate was when people would call and ask for directions to my office. Its 2015 people. Google it or mapquest please. If you can't for some reason mapquest it, call before you leave your house so we can give you exact directions! Who leaves their house going to a place they have never been before without directions. I swear these people would just get in their cars and drive around aimlessly before they would call and ask for directions but then they couldn't tell us where they were exactly so we spend 10 minutes on the phone with them while they badly describe where they are at. So frustrating!!

Very minor but I garage sale on facebook around my area. I've gotten some great deals BUT people not knowing the difference between sale and sell.

I am having a huge GARAGE SELL. I have lots of things to SALE.
For SELL dress.
I need to SALE my bike for $xxx.

:) not a biggie but I would never say anything online under a post but amazing the huge amount of people who don't know the difference.

please stop writing checks in the grocery lane. It holds up the line. If you do not like debit cards please pay with cash instead. Thank you :)

NO!! :)

There was a thread about this recently, several of us still write checks and it takes no longer to do that than it does to use cash or a debit card. Sometimes it's even quicker as in when a person swipes their debit or credit card, puts it away, enters their pin, it didn't "take" so they have to swipe it again.... People pay with the method they prefer. If someone behind them doesn't like it, too bad.

I have to have a 20yo crown replaced. Why in the world do they cost so much $$$???? My insurance pays 50% and my portion is still going to be $700. Absolutely ridiculous.

NO!! :)

There was a thread about this recently, several of us still write checks and it takes no longer to do that than it does to use cash or a debit card. Sometimes it's even quicker as in when a person swipes their debit or credit card, puts it away, enters their pin, it didn't "take" so they have to swipe it again.... People pay with the method they prefer. If someone behind them doesn't like it, too bad.

It takes no longer to pay with check IF you have your act together. Too many people do not. When I used to pay with check at the grocery store, the only thing left to fill in at the end was the amount. Most people (in my experience) still have nothing filled in when the total is given. And some insist on filling out their checkbook log before they fill in the check. THESE people are the ones who give check writers a bad name.

My wife told me, just a few weeks before our wedding, that she and the girls were getting together for what she called a "wedding shower". She said it was already paid for but that she needed about $1,000 more from me, all in small bills. Now, I've been reading the DIS for a while and have gained some knowledge and I just can't believe this!!! She didn't have what any NORMAL person would call a shower at all! She, and her friends, went to the local Chip and Dales event with all those "small bills" and had a grand ole time. Wasn't her mother or MOH or someone else supposed to provide the tipping money? I can't believe I fell for this. Where was the DIS when I needed you? It's been an almost 25 year marriage and I'm rethinking everything at this point!

My wife told me, just a few weeks before our wedding, that she and the girls were getting together for what she called a "wedding shower". She said it was already paid for but that she needed about $1,000 more from me, all in small bills. Now, I've been reading the DIS for a while and have gained some knowledge and I just can't believe this!!! She didn't have what any NORMAL person would call a shower at all! She, and her friends, went to the local Chip and Dales event with all those "small bills" and had a grand ole time. Wasn't her mother or MOH or someone else supposed to provide the tipping money? I can't believe I fell for this. Where was the DIS when I needed you? It's been an almost 25 year marriage and I'm rethinking everything at this point!

Well it is a "shower" so it sounds like she had to "make it rain" :rotfl:

It takes no longer to pay with check IF you have your act together. Too many people do not. When I used to pay with check at the grocery store, the only thing left to fill in at the end was the amount. Most people (in my experience) still have nothing filled in when the total is given. And some insist on filling out their checkbook log before they fill in the check. THESE people are the ones who give check writers a bad name.
Likewise many people don't have their act together with debit/credit cards. I have seen some women wait till the end till they go digging in their large satchels looking for their card or guys wait till the end to pull their wallets out, open them and swipe the card, I have seen people need to fire up their smart phones to access their password storage app to remember their pin code, I have seen people go almost all the way through the debit process and then say "oh wait, I wanted to run it as credit" and have to start over.

There are just as many ways to be slow with a debit/credit card as there is with a check, but people seem to notice fumbling with a checkbook more than they notice fumbling with a card.

And for the record, I use a debit card everywhere. But I don't care if people use checks.

So, I am waiting in line to get my car inspected. The place I have gone to since I was 20 isnt doing inspections again until September.
So I am at a new place, behind a young couple who needs to leave and get a room or go get tint put on their wondows,lol.
Also,.people who want to get out of their car then run to move it when the line moves, fun.

Likewise many people don't have their act together with debit/credit cards. I have seen some women wait till the end till they go digging in their large satchels looking for their card or guys wait till the end to pull their wallets out, open them and swipe the card, I have seen people need to fire up their smart phones to access their password storage app to remember their pin code, I have seen people go almost all the way through the debit process and then say "oh wait, I wanted to run it as credit" and have to start over.

There are just as many ways to be slow with a debit/credit card as there is with a check, but people seem to notice fumbling with a checkbook more than they notice fumbling with a card.

And for the record, I use a debit card everywhere. But I don't care if people use checks.
Oh, there are definitely ways to foul up the process regardless of payment type. The check does seem to be the worst - well, right after the little old lady digging through her coin purse for exact change.

Of course, the amount of time you lose elsewhere in the store because people don't have their acts together is 1,000 times worse than losing another 30 seconds at the register LOL

OMG!! ^^^ THIS!!
I am a SAHM looking for a part-time job now that my son is out of school. College is expensive, and I am not wanting him to go to work quite so soon, with him juggling college at the same time (I say let him ease into college first since he has never worked).
Back in the 90's, you went inside places to pick up applications, sometimes talked to the manager about the job, and let them see you to get a feel of the type of person you are. Now, it is ALL online. I was shocked to find that after 8+ years of retail/customer service/cashiering experience (overall) that I was not even qualified to work at Ross (as I was told in an email).
:/
AND.... don't get me started on those crazy "mind game" things they make you do :
"You and a co-worker don't get along" - do you A) tell the manager B) ask the manager to not schedule you with them C) call in sick when you are supposed to work with them D) buck up and work with them anyway
SERIOUSLY??!?!?
I have not worked in 10 years and this is going to be WAY tougher than I thought it would be. I just want part-time, 20 hours or so a week!

Yes. This is nuts. My 17 yo dd is looking for a part time job. I have been sitting with her as she has gone through some of these on-line questionnaires. Some answers are obvious. Some are just screwy. I have no idea how they think a good employee would answer. The first one of these she did took about 45 minutes to get through. Next morning she looked at her email and there was a message that came in in the middle of the night saying they had no openings for her, so she must have answered something that the computer didn't like. The store has had a help wanted sign out for months. I wonder if they realize the computer is rejecting their applicants before they even see them.

Wow, did I need this thread today!

My mother and step-father are last minute non-planners who decide to mess with everyone else's long-standing plans once they finally get their act together! Makes me CRAZY!

My siblings and I have been planning a road trip to get our youngest sister to grad school - we had hotels booked, plans made, routes worked out, vacation days reserved and today (6 days before we leave) my step-dad declares he wants to go - and do it his way!! ARGH!!!!!! :headache::furious:

Can you tell him that plans are made and it's too late to change things? If not, can he handle this by himself so you can save your vacation days for other things?

My bridesmaid dress came in after a 12 week wait (it's a. Special order unless the person is a size 6, 20 or 28), I asked for it to be steamed and it's quite the wrinkled mess. Also, I bought a size up because the size down would have required me to lose 5-10 pounds and I didn't think I'd have the ambition.....apparently my mind said I could eat a lot because now I have to lose 5-10 pounds. Oh well!

Also quite annoyed that my niece and nephews mother doesn't believe in parenting her kids and lets them do whatever they want....and now I'm watching them until school starts. I love the,, but don't love their lack of manners or constant crying over everything.

Still, with those minor things, it's still a good day!

Your house, your rules. There's no reason to put up with lack of manners or other annoyances while the kids are in your care. It would be different if this was a day or two, but there are weeks to go before school starts. Do the kids a favor and teach them right!

my kids are making me nuts today, I should not have to ask them three times to make their beds and bring their dirty laundry to the laundry room. the eye roll from my 10 year old is getting old.

When my daughter was about that age it was also a constant battle to get her dirty clothes and to have her put away her clean clothes. I decided then to show her how to do the laundry and make her in charge of her clothes from that point on. If she wanted clean clothes, she would have to wash them. Sure if I had a light load I would throw in some of hers, but it taught her a good lesson and cut down on my work. You might try telling your kids what is in their future if they don't cooperate with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter