Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

Free dining was released through December 17th for Disney Visa cardholders today!:yay:

It's the quickservice plan for value resorts and regular plan for moderates and deluxe.

So do you think we've seen the end of regular free dining for value resorts???? I'm so glad we got in on the deal this year!

That one change might make up my mind about heading for D-Land next year instead of the World......

That's just WAY too much counter service for a week long vacation........

Free dining was released through December 17th for Disney Visa cardholders today!:yay:

It's the quickservice plan for value resorts and regular plan for moderates and deluxe.

OMG!!!! THE ONE YEAR WE'RE NOT GOING TO WDW- :headache:

So do you think we've seen the end of regular free dining for value resorts???? I'm so glad we got in on the deal this year!

That one change might make up my mind about heading for D-Land next year instead of the World......

That's just WAY too much counter service for a week long vacation........

It's hard to say! There was a lot of speculation that free dining was going to work that way for the "normal" time period, and it didn't .

This could be a trial for next year.

Where can I find that? i went to the Chase Visa website and there's nothing there about it.:confused3

It's hard to say! There was a lot of speculation that free dining was going to work that way for the "normal" time period, and it didn't .

This could be a trial for next year.

Well, I do know when they did the Disney Visa Free Dining in December last year, it was the TS plan. This year it is not. So that was definitely a change.

I do know that if they offer a bounceback plan for regular TS, I'll be ALL over it!

Well, I do know when they did the Disney Visa Free Dining in December last year, it was the TS plan. This year it is not. So that was definitely a change.

I do know that if they offer a bounceback plan for regular TS, I'll be ALL over it!

Yes, it is definitely a change. Although, this is what they have already been offering to UK guests for the same time frame.

Where can I find that? i went to the Chase Visa website and there's nothing there about it.:confused3

Here it is!

Value resort - Quick Service Dining is free. You can upgrade to other dining plans at an additional cost.
* Magic Your Way PLUS Quick Service Dining Option - EVN
* Magic Your Way PLUS Dining Option -GCA
* Magic Your Way PLUS Dining and Wine Option - UIL
* Magic Your Way PLUS Deluxe Dining Option - PBD
* Magic Your Way PLUS Deluxe Dine and Wine Option - GXZ

Moderate, Deluxe, or Villas - Basic dining is free and you can upgrade to Deluxe dining at an additional cost.
* Magic Your Way PLUS Dining Option -GCA
* Magic Your Way PLUS Dining and Wine Option - UIL
* Magic Your Way PLUS Deluxe Dining Option - FPU
* Magic Your Way PLUS Deluxe Dine and Wine Option - JXX

This discount must be booked by 12/17/09. This must be paid in full using the Disney Visa. All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply.

Unfortunately, Chase is usually "a day late and a dollar short" in letting their customers know about discount offers in a timely fashion. Sometimes I get notified and and sometimes I don't. I usally see there offers here on the Dis first, or Mousesavers.

If the free dining opens to the public and not to just the Disney Visa cardholder, how does it works for those who already paid their vacation in full? I am already on the Deluxe Dining plan for Oct. 11th thru Oct. 17th and have all my resv. set for dining :)!

If the free dining opens to the public and not to just the Disney Visa cardholder, how does it works for those who already paid their vacation in full? I am already on the Deluxe Dining plan for Oct. 11th thru Oct. 17th and have all my resv. set for dining :)!
IF, the offer came out to the public, WDW would refund you the difference, but I highly doubt this will come out for the general public. They had no trouble packing the resorts with the Free Dining Visa Code last year and I don't they think they will have trouble filling the resort with the deal this year either. I would think there will be a room discount offered for the general public, like last year.

I just switched my reservations from 7nites room only to 14 nights FDQSDP and they simply canceled the first reservation and they will refund my cc for that down payment and then they took a new down payment for the new ressie. Simple, no problems.

We will be at ASMusic (Sports did not have 14 nites non preferred) from November 29th-December 13th.

See you there!

Slightly Goofy

I just switched my reservations from 7nites room only to 14 nights FDQSDP and they simply canceled the first reservation and they will refund my cc for that down payment and then they took a new down payment for the new ressie. Simple, no problems.

We will be at ASMusic (Sports did not have 14 nites non preferred) from November 29th-December 13th.

See you there!

Slightly Goofy

Be sure to have a Happy Birthday drink for me on the 29th.
Mickey was nice enough to send me a 40% off code for my room at Sports so it is only $49.20!!!! Can't pass that up, even if I'll be there Labor Day weekend. !!!:banana: What better place to spend my birthday!!:bday:

Be sure to have a Happy Birthday drink for me on the 29th.

Lynn, I had the 40% discount as well but am saving about $200 by switching to the FD.

Since I am not sure which month your birthday falls on I will start drinking on the 29th of this month and every month to follow just to make sure. :rotfl:

BTW, my birthday is tomorrow. Fill 'er up!

SG

Lynn, I had the 40% discount as well but am saving about $200 by switching to the FD.

Since I am not sure which month your birthday falls on I will start drinking on the 29th of this month and every month to follow just to make sure. :rotfl:

BTW, my birthday is tomorrow. Fill 'er up!

SG

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: It's the 29th of November, which is the day we get there.
But I like your logic, and since it's Friday, I'll start your birthday celebration tonight and carry it over to tomorrow also.
Because that's what good Disers do for one another.:dance3:

:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Yep, us DISers are a kind hearted bunch. I am booking in on YOUR birthday and will do my best to have a wonderful time celebrating. Wish you could be there.

Not much difference between a Lynn and a Linda (me)

SG :cool1:

Yep, us DISers are a kind hearted bunch. I am booking in on YOUR birthday and will do my best to have a wonderful time celebrating. Wish you could be there.

Not much difference between a Lynn and a Linda (me)

SG :cool1:

Aren't we both checking in on November 29th?????
:confused3

Disney managed to suck more money out of me!!! Oh well - I'm getting a better trip out of it! I actually extended our trip and upgraded to the regular dining plan. It only costed me $168 to upgrade for 8 days for 2 adults and 2 kids. I know I could have gotten quick service for free but since I am going in December, I was going to pay out of pocket for a couple of shows anyway. Lovin' my Disney Visa! Oh and they did NOT make me pay in full???? I have until Nov. 2. Maybe because it was a change to an existing reservation?:cool1:

Oops! Since you had the 40% off, same as myself, I should have known that. I am probably older than you and am somewhat senile, so my children tell me. :rotfl: (I forget how many or what their names are at the moment)

If you are driving we will be on the road at the same time too. Watch out for the wild woman in the Toyota Camry.

If someone get a thread on who is going to be there in December maybe we can plan a meet. We will be going slow this trip. I have more fun that way.

SG

I just called and had the Disney Visa Offer applied to my room at Pop for Dec 1-5. I had the QSDP Adults eat and play at kid's prices PIN but this offer saved me $35. Not a lot but at least it's something. I didn't think they'd let me since I had a $500 payment on it from Amex (using rewards) but she said as long as the deposit was made with my Disney Visa (and it was) that I could apply the offer. She assured me it wouldn't be a problem with my Amex payment on it.

Now, I do have a PIN for free DDP at values for the same time but opted not to apply it to that ressie (I did on another later in the month). After our checkout, we'll be on the Magic for 7 nights and then 5 more nights with DDP. I wanted the freedom of no ADRs during that time since I'll be tied down to at least one meal a day for 12 days. Am I crazy for not accepting the DDP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter