• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

This happened to me, too. I went to disney's website, planned my trip in Dec and saved that offer. I got the free dining pin for Oct - Dec in email today:banana: Be sure to check your spam folder!! Mine went to that folder!!

Man! Why can't this happen to me :confused3

Day 5 of my Vacation today... I work long hours for a busy bridal salon and haven't had much time off sense Dec 08... I grab the mail and see Goofy with a covered dinner platter!!! There it was, "A delicious deal for My Family!" It was my 1st offical pin. Now with the $$$ I think we'll save we'll stay at a mod resort which will also be a 1st cause i've only stayed at value... I have all intentions off booking our 1st Disney Holiday this week if not tomorrow if the weather is bad and we don't make it to the beach... Attending will be my parents who's last visit to the world was in 1987, My lil brother who went for the first time at the age of 21, and my family... Im in Disney planning mode... With this being our 3rd time on the plan so im learnin how to max the credits... Basically just get my $$$ worth. Im sooo excited. The pin is for the basic service which we have always used and found to be the best way to go... Waiting now for the hours for Dec so we can begin ADRs!!!

Day 5 of my Vacation today... I work long hours for a busy bridal salon and haven't had much time off sense Dec 08... I grab the mail and see Goofy with a covered dinner platter!!! There it was, "A delicious deal for My Family!" It was my 1st offical pin. Now with the $$$ I think we'll save we'll stay at a mod resort which will also be a 1st cause i've only stayed at value... I have all intentions off booking our 1st Disney Holiday this week if not tomorrow if the weather is bad and we don't make it to the beach... Attending will be my parents who's last visit to the world was in 1987, My lil brother who went for the first time at the age of 21, and my family... Im in Disney planning mode... With this being our 3rd time on the plan so im learnin how to max the credits... Basically just get my $$$ worth. Im sooo excited. The pin is for the basic service which we have always used and found to be the best way to go... Waiting now for the hours for Dec so we can begin ADRs!!!
HAVE FUN!!! CONGRATS!! :cool1: :thumbsup2:dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

Congrats to all of you with pin codes!
I know that it may be greedy because I already booked in Dec with 40% off room but I would be exstatic (is that even how you spell that???) if I got a free dining pin. I would even add a couple days! I had to call Disney today to change our address and phone number so I checked but no pin codes. :sad2: So I went online to disney's site and tottled around. My sister keeps getting codes but her husband won't take her right now. :headache: Here's hoping that all our dreams come true!!!!:wizard:

Congrats to all of you with pin codes!
I know that it may be greedy because I already booked in Dec with 40% off room but I would be exstatic (is that even how you spell that???) if I got a free dining pin. I would even add a couple days! I had to call Disney today to change our address and phone number so I checked but no pin codes. :sad2: So I went online to disney's site and tottled around. My sister keeps getting codes but her husband won't take her right now. :headache: Here's hoping that all our dreams come true!!!!:wizard:

You do know that even if you got a free dining code you would only be able to use one, 40% off the room or free dining paying rack rate for the room.

I had a trip planned the beginning of October with the regular free dining promotion, then last month received the pin code for Oct-December. We switched to early December, hoping there would be fewer crowds in the restaurants... looks like that won't happen since so many people are getting this pin and it possibly going to the general public! :laughing:

I'm not sure if this has been answered, or not.

How much would it cost if 4 adults received the FREE DINING plan, while staying at a value resort? Would it still be the rack of $80-$100 for the room per night. Or do they charge per adult?

Thanks so much!

Brunette

I'm not sure if this has been answered, or not.

How much would it cost if 4 adults received the FREE DINING plan, while staying at a value resort? Would it still be the rack of $80-$100 for the room per night. Or do they charge per adult?

Thanks so much!

Brunette

Are they all adults 18 and over or are some "Disney Adults" ages 10-17?

If there are more than 2 adults age 18 and over in the same value resort room, you will have a $10/per extra adult/per night added to the room rate. So, if all 4 of the party is age 18 or over, the price of the room will $20 more per night. If there are only 2 adults age 18 and over and the other 2 are just "Disney Adults" age 10-17, there will be no upcharge.

Are they all adults 18 and over or are some "Disney Adults" ages 10-17?

If there are more than 2 adults age 18 and over in the same value resort room, you will have a $10/per extra adult/per night added to the room rate. So, if all 4 of the party is age 18 or over, the price of the room will $20 more per night. If there are only 2 adults age 18 and over and the other 2 are just "Disney Adults" age 10-17, there will be no upcharge.

Hi!

Thanks so much for your quick reply. So, if I did my math correctly and the price of the value is, say, $100 (using round number for this); it would only cost each adult $25.00 per night including the Free dining plan? Now that sounds like a STEAL!

PS -- Yes, the adults are all 30 and over also.

Hi!

Thanks so much for your quick reply. So, if I did my math correctly and the price of the value is, say, $100 (using round number for this); it would only cost each adult $25.00 per night including the Free dining plan? Now that sounds like a STEAL!

PS -- Yes, the adults are all 30 and over also.

If the regular price of the value is $100, then your price would be $120/nt (room and DDP) since you'll have 2 extra adults.

IF the regular price of the value is $80, then yes, you're figures are correct as it would be $100/nt with the the 2 adults added on. Now, that doesn't include tickets or tips for the meals.

If the regular price of the value is $100, then your price would be $120/nt (room and DDP) since you'll have 2 extra adults.

IF the regular price of the value is $80, then yes, you're figures are correct as it would be $100/nt with the the 2 adults added on. Now, that doesn't include tickets or tips for the meals.

Yep. That's what I was figuring. Thanks again for your reply, it's very much appreciated.

Brunette:wizard:

ok quick question from a 1st time planner...

I recieved a pin for free dinning about a month ago. I called my TA from Dream Unlimited and she applied it to my ressie...it is reflected in my total etc. But today I recieved the same pin? Does that usually happen? Or do you think Disney doesnt realize I have already taken advantage of the offer. I would hate for something to go wrong etc...if i call disney they will be able to see my ressie even though the TA made it?:confused3

Thanks in advance

ok quick question from a 1st time planner...

I recieved a pin for free dinning about a month ago. I called my TA from Dream Unlimited and she applied it to my ressie...it is reflected in my total etc. But today I recieved the same pin? Does that usually happen? Or do you think Disney doesnt realize I have already taken advantage of the offer. I would hate for something to go wrong etc...if i call disney they will be able to see my ressie even though the TA made it?:confused3

Thanks in advance

No they will not be able to see your ressie until 5 days prior! When booked through a travel agent they own the ressie until it's time! I would definitely not worry about it! I heard of this happening before you should be fine if you called anyone you would have to call Dreams Unlimited but it sem like you already know it's fine so you should be set! :thumbsup2

You do know that even if you got a free dining code you would only be able to use one, 40% off the room or free dining paying rack rate for the room.

I am aware of that. I'm only saving right over $200 with my 40% off and even though I didn't crunch numbers for free dining yet, I do believe that the free dining offer would save me more. If so, I would switch to the free dining.

I just got an email survery from Disney having to do with FD. Basic questions about if I would have gone or not without it. Wonder if they're thinking of extending or feeling out for next year...

I just got an email survery from Disney having to do with FD. Basic questions about if I would have gone or not without it. Wonder if they're thinking of extending or feeling out for next year...

I hope I get that one because I hope my answer will help them determine to offer it again next year. Honestly, we would not be going to the parks this year if FD weren't offered. I am thankful it is offered and hope it is offered again next year. :thumbsup2

I hope I get that one because I hope my answer will help them determine to offer it again next year. Honestly, we would not be going to the parks this year if FD weren't offered. I am thankful it is offered and hope it is offered again next year. :thumbsup2

I was on the WDW site earlier this week when a survey window popped up asking me if I was going on a trip in the near future. I responded yes and was asked if I would participate in a survey when I came back. Its scheduled for my return and I too will stress that we could not have gone without the FD offer. We originally wanted Christmas time but we can't do it without FD.

We would not be going either without free dining. Hoping for a bounceback when we are there in August so we can book for next year. We probably won't go next year if there is no FDP.

Free dining was released through December 17th for Disney Visa cardholders today!:yay:

It's the quickservice plan for value resorts and regular plan for moderates and deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter