Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

do you have the pin code for Nov/Dec or are you hoping for the general public FD? My FD pincode IS GOOD for your dates for the Free Basic Dining, looks like the Disney Visa is Free Quick Service Dining, so I am assuming that if general public comes out for Free Dining for Nov/Dec, it will be the Quick Service and those dates of yours are GOOD TO GO! Hey, if your going in Nov/Dec regardless.............this is great for all of you!:banana::cool1:
Thanks.
I don't have a PIN code I was looking into the general public. But we like the basic dining so I guess QS wouldn't work for us. I have noticed people are talking about the values or mods. Is the free dining only good for certain resorts?

Looks like the QS for Nov/Dec is for Values and the Mods and Deluxes are the Basic Dining........this is the Visa offer, my pin code is all Basic Free Dining...hopefully the general public Nov/Dec code will be all Basic Free Dining. Free is Free though!

Looks like the QS for Nov/Dec is for Values and the Mods and Deluxes are the Basic Dining........this is the Visa offer, my pin code is all Basic Free Dining...hopefully the general public Nov/Dec code will be all Basic Free Dining. Free is Free though!
Thanks. We are staying at The Poly so hopefully we will get this. I am keeping my fingers crossed. This would save my family over 1K.

one from yesterday and one from today after I read your post. Both of these CMs are saying Monday for the general public discount.

I will be calling tomorrow morning just in case.

Also, I asked if this promotion is keeping them busy and the answer was NO. Most are just applying the discount of free dining to an existing reservation. This will probably change some when it opens up to all.

Woo-hoo! I couldn't believe it when I stumbled across this yesterday! I felt so proud that as a newbie, I found new information that finally I could share with everyone! :banana:

Does anyone know if you can still take advantage of free dining with the AAA room discount? We have had our trip booked for some time, for November 30-December 7, through AAA. Am I going to have to cancel and re-book through Disney? We are already on the dining plan, so it shouldn't make a difference that now it is free, right?

Woo-hoo! I couldn't believe it when I stumbled across this yesterday! I felt so proud that as a newbie, I found new information that finally I could share with everyone! :banana:

Does anyone know if you can still take advantage of free dining with the AAA room discount? We have had our trip booked for some time, for November 30-December 7, through AAA. Am I going to have to cancel and re-book through Disney? We are already on the dining plan, so it shouldn't make a difference that now it is free, right?

You can't get two discounts. Since your room is already discounted you would either have to keep that and not get FD or cancel your existing ressie and rebook to get FD.

Bete, I believe that you are correct in that so many folks are calling in to change their current ressie to the discounted rate however many also seem to be upgrading either their resort or how many days they are staying.

Possibly the Values are filling up as people look to ways to cut the price of their vacations and Disney is needing to fill some rooms at the Moderates etc.

I know that we added a week to our already reserved vacation ourselves.

Slightly Goofy

Which is the better discount 40% off Deluxe room, or FD for 2 kids and 2 adults --were going Nov. 29th-Dec 5th. I have the 40% off at WL, but we are paying for the DP as of now.

BTW HI GOOFY LINDA!!! How have you been babe? Shoot me a PM so we can catch up--I think we may be going at the same time of year AGAIN.:cool1:

Hey there Pretty Lady! How ya doing? If you are going to be there anytime from November 29th to December 13th we might get a poolside visit in. :wizard:

Everything I have ever read says that room discounts are better on the Deluxe rooms but that the FD is best at the Values and especially with 4 in the room.

Have you crunched the numbers with both scenarios? Make sure to take into account the fact that you will have to buy 4 one day passes to get the FD pkg.

It also depends on how you like to eat. If you only want to do a couple of TS you could pay OP and get two rooms at a Value for more room and 2 TV;s as well as bathrooms. I think I remember that you have small children though and will want character meals and lots of time sitting down. :rotfl:

I did a budget for each case and made my decision from there. One would think that free dining would save the same amount of money as it costs but this not the case because of the one day tickets and having to pay full price for the room.

It is natural that we will be there at the same time cause we are both intelligent people.:rotfl:

Good luck crunching numbers and I hope you come up with what you want. Just do not cancel the first ressie until you get the second one written in stone.

When it gets closer to time I will let you know what nights I will be holding Spectro seats. You will have to remind me though. I forget things, not people, just dates, things, promises. Yada Yada. :upsidedow

Slightly Goofy

You can't get two discounts. Since your room is already discounted you would either have to keep that and not get FD or cancel your existing ressie and rebook to get FD.

Thanks! I'm still not sure how this works though. Will I actually need to cancel my reservation that I made through AAA and then re-book myself?

I have a question. Will it be difficult to stay with the same resort when this code comes out? I have read many times that people had a reservation but when a great promotion, like FD, comes out they have to change resorts. We are staying at The Poly Dec 5-12 and I have aleways wanted to stay there. I was hoping to to have to switch.

I have a question. Will it be difficult to stay with the same resort when this code comes out? I have read many times that people had a reservation but when a great promotion, like FD, comes out they have to change resorts. We are staying at The Poly Dec 5-12 and I have aleways wanted to stay there. I was hoping to to have to switch.

This is what I was wondering too... We have reservations for the Treehouse Villas Dec 7-12. I'm going to call 1st thing Monday morning and add free dining! I hope it works for my existing reservation because we have 5 ppl in our group which makes it a little more difficult to find (reasonably priced) rooms...

do you have a discount on the room you booked at the Polynesian. If so you will definitely not get to keep the same reservation. Free Dining is only available on rooms booked paying full rack rate.

If you are already paying rack rate and the offer includes the Polynesian you might be able to keep it.

do you have a discount on the room you booked at the Polynesian. If so you will definitely not get to keep the same reservation. Free Dining is only available on rooms booked paying full rack rate.

If you are already paying rack rate and the offer includes the Polynesian you might be able to keep it.

This question came up repeatedly when the fall free dining plan was released.

There are a set number of rooms set aside for free dining at each resort. If there is still availability for a FREE DINING room, you can "add" it to your reservation. In realyity, they are rebooking it for you, but letting you keep the same reservation number.

And the prior poster is correct. If you have a room discount of any sort, you will have to decide which discount is better. You cannot stack discounts.

Good luck!

I didn't have a room discount for my Treehouse Villa reservation, so hopefully I can apply free dining. I think I'm gonna get up early tomorrow morning before work and see if Disney has posted anything yet! :surfweb:

This question came up repeatedly when the fall free dining plan was released.

There are a set number of rooms set aside for free dining at each resort. If there is still availability for a FREE DINING room, you can "add" it to your reservation. In realyity, they are rebooking it for you, but letting you keep the same reservation number.

And the prior poster is correct. If you have a room discount of any sort, you will have to decide which discount is better. You cannot stack discounts.

Good luck!
Thank you sammie and mom2rtk. I am currently paying a rack rate. I do have the kids play and dine attached to my ressie but I know that if I am able I will switch that out for the free dining. The FD would save us over 1K.

The booking site is currently down - so cross your fingers boys and girls, I think it's coming!:thumbsup2

Get a Free Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan and Save $149 Per Adult with This Package!

You receive the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan FREE when you purchase this 5-night/5-day Magic Your Way package at a select Disney Value Resort for $535 per adult-based on adult double occupancy in a standard room for stays most nights October 2, 2009 to November 24, 2009.

Ask for booking code EVK.

OR

Get a Free Disney Dining Plan and Save $199 Per Adult with These Packages!

You receive the Disney Dining Plan FREE when you purchase one of these 5-night/5-day Magic Your Way packages at other select Disney Resort hotels:

Disney Moderate Resorts for $716 per adult based on adult dbl. occ. in a standard room
Disney Deluxe Resorts (Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Wilderness Lodge) for $1,054 per adult based on adult dbl. occ. in a standard room.
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts (Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney's Old Key West Resort) for $1,152 per adult based on adult dbl. occ. in a studio room.
For stays most nights October 2, 2009 to November 24, 2009.

Ask for booking code NAR.

Which is the better discount 40% off Deluxe room, or FD for 2 kids and 2 adults --were going Nov. 29th-Dec 5th. I have the 40% off at WL, but we are paying for the DP as of now.

BTW HI GOOFY LINDA!!! How have you been babe? Shoot me a PM so we can catch up--I think we may be going at the same time of year AGAIN.:cool1:

We are staying at a value, so free dining saves us more (we were getting the dining plan anyway). But at a Deluxe, the 40% off may be better. The free dining will save you approx. $100 a night, so is your 40% off more than that?

Thanks! I'm still not sure how this works though. Will I actually need to cancel my reservation that I made through AAA and then re-book myself?

You can get in touch with AAA and they can make all the changes for you. Just let them know you want to get the FD pkg.

I just applied the Disney Visa code (RGV) to my existing POP century reservation (I was able to upgrade to the basic plan) and saved myself $150 over my 40% off pin code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!