FREE DINING UPDATE- RUMOR and SPECULATION / Update Page 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience
“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.”

“He that can have Patience, can have what he will”

“Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.”

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”
:surfweb::hourglass

Well, I'm two and a half weeks out from my due date. I swear I will pitch a fit if this is released while I'm in the hospital. :rotfl2: I'm bringing my cell with me...good ole E-Ticket app! :thumbsup2

Like I said before... you are going to be on the phone confirming FREE DINING when a contraction hits....the poor CM on the phone won't know why you are screaming "I want FREE DINING>>>NOWWWWWWWWWWW"

Like I said before... you are going to be on the phone confirming FREE DINING when a contraction hits....the poor CM on the phone won't know why you are screaming "I want FREE DINING>>>NOWWWWWWWWWWW"

:lmao::lmao: You'll all be thanking me if it works.

I will take this opportunity to state something that bears repeating...

MANY MANY people who pre-book will have no problem in switching their reservation to the promo. MANY.

Because of that.. you'll see many posters tell you "I've done this year in and year out with no problem" ...

But that is NOT because they prebooked..

They would have had just as much luck booking an all new reservation at the same time they called to make the switch.

In any event.. we're beating a rather ill horse at this point.

Let's just hope whatever they come up with - it meets everyone's needs and they do it SOON! :lmao:

I just have a question regarding this.... How about rooms like club level, where they have a limited amount of inventory for the promotion? In my situation, I am going whether or not I get free dining, but I made sure to book my room and resort back in October because I wanted to ensure we got a club level room at AKL. These rooms book up fast , and I did not want to be dissapointed. Last year we had a club level room (Sept 2009) and where able to add free dining without a problem on the first day of the promo (March 30)....
Fast forward to this year, the free dining promo has not been announced yet, yes I am hoping for it , and I would love to save some money....but I will still go regardless. However, what would my chances have been getting the resort and level of room I wanted had I waited until free dining was offered??? Is it the above advice (to not pre-book rooms in the hope of a promo) the same in this instance?
I really don't want to take the chance on not having a club level room.

I think you answered your own question. :)

I know it seems like that, LOL....but really..... I am confused on this issue. Let's say I was holding out to go ONLY if I got FD, and I booked to guarantee a club level room....If I did it the way Canadian Guy says, I should wait until FD is announced to book a room. Well, if I waited until then, they could all be gone for the dates I wanted. See what I am trying to find out??? I just want to know if the "wait to book when promo is announced" advice is rule of thumb for ALL resort/room classifications....even the hard to get club level variety. In other words, there is absoulutely NO value gained by booking early in hopes of FD for ANY room classification?? or is there sometimes a "exception to the rule" so to speak.
I know what I am trying to ask in my head, it is just so hard to put into words!!! :goodvibes
Thanks for trying to help my muddled mind figure this out, :rotfl:
Oh....and in MY case, yes....FD has no bearing on my trip, as airfare is booked so we have to go!
I'm just really hoping that after all this waiting for a discount, FD/or another good discount comes out which I can use to save us a few hundered dollars off my August trip!

I know it seems like that, LOL....but really..... I am confused on this issue. Let's say I was holding out to go ONLY if I got FD, and I booked to guarantee a club level room....If I did it the way Canadian Guy says, I should wait until FD is announced to book a room. Well, if I waited until then, they could all be gone for the dates I wanted. See what I am trying to find out??? I just want to know if the "wait to book when promo is announced" advice is rule of thumb for ALL resort/room classifications....even the hard to get club level variety. In other words, there is absoulutely NO value gained by booking early in hopes of FD for ANY room classification?? or is there sometimes a "exception to the rule" so to speak.
I know what I am trying to ask in my head, it is just so hard to put into words!!! :goodvibes
Oh....and in MY case, yes....FD has no bearing on my trip, as airfare is booked so we have to go!
I'm just really hoping that after all this waiting for a discount, FD/or another good discount comes out which I can use to save us a few hundered dollars off my August trip!
Canadian Guy also said that they would give you FD on your existing ressie (well, it can change of course). That was kinda my question as well. I went ahead and booked our stay.

I think the advice still stands regardless of the room location or type that you're interested in. The logic doesn't change just because there is a limited supply of a particular type of room, such as club level. In fact, the logic might apply even more accurately in those cases, as the amount of inventory in those categories is significantly less to start with. As has been said a thousand times, booking a particular room in advance gives you absolutely no advantage. If they're available and designated for the FD program upon release of the program, you'll be able to add FD to your ressie. But if those room types are sold out prior to the release of the promo, the chances of being able to add FD to your existing ressie are very slim indeed. So bottom line is that I think pre-booking is an even worse idea for high-demand rooms, unless you're going to go regardless (as is true in all cases).

Yes, as one poster has suggested, you have the ability to bark your way up the Disney chain and see if being loud gets you what you want. And you *might* get lucky. But if you have your heart set on a particular room type and location, I wouldn't hedge my whole trip on that single bet.

Well, I'm two and a half weeks out from my due date. I swear I will pitch a fit if this is released while I'm in the hospital. :rotfl2: I'm bringing my cell with me...good ole E-Ticket app! :thumbsup2
I have a feeling you'll be home from the hospital and your son/daughter may be crawling before we hear anything about fall promos! In any case....best of luck with your labor/delivery!

This just came thru on my email:

Wishing for an amazing Walt Disney World® family vacation?

Hungry for a Disney deal,
XXXX Family?

Good. Because we're about to offer you a great one...one that makes for a tasty and convenient way to enjoy Disney meals and snacks throughout your stay!

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service
Dining Plan, FREE

when you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets! For stays most nights now through 8/14/10.

Check out the sample pricing on these
Disney Resort categories.
Enjoy savings of $127 per adult!

For stays most nights 4/11/10-6/3/10

Select Disney
Value Resorts
$ 499 *

per adult based on adult double occupancy in a standard room.

Select Disney
Moderate Resorts
$ 655 *

For stays most nights 6/4/10-8/14/10

Select Disney
Value Resorts
$ 530 *

Select Disney
Moderate Resorts
$ 689 *

*The number of packages available at these rates is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required.

Scurry and book through 4/30/10!

or
Call 407-939-7931
or your Travel Agent.

Be ready with your PIN:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ask about great rates at Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts when you call!

With any of these packages, you'll enjoy:
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
Lets you choose Quick-service meals and snacks at over 50 select
Walt Disney World restaurants! The plan includes:

Two (2) Quick-service meals and two (2) snacks per person, per night of your package stay for everyone in the party over 3 years of age, plus one (1) Resort refillable drink mug per person (refillable only at your
Disney Resort hotel)!
Excludes alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3–9 must order from children's menu if available.

Extra Magic Hours Benefit
Each day, one of the Theme Parks is open extra time to
enjoy select attractions. Valid Theme Park admission required.
Disney's Magical Express Service
Enjoy complimentary motor coach transportation between
Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort hotel.
Complimentary motor coach transportation
throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add vacation@registration.disneyworld.com to your email address book or safe list.

Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form.

This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion sent to:
GRETCHENOHAR@HOTMAIL.COM.

If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC, or other Disney entities, advertising or promoting Walt Disney World® products or services, click here.

Disney Destinations Marketing
Attn: Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

WDWCMR_09_13884
©Disney

I think the advice still stands regardless of the room location or type that you're interested in. The logic doesn't change just because there is a limited supply of a particular type of room, such as club level. In fact, the logic might apply even more accurately in those cases, as the amount of inventory in those categories is significantly less to start with. As has been said a thousand times, booking a particular room in advance gives you absolutely no advantage. If they're available and designated for the FD program upon release of the program, you'll be able to add FD to your ressie. But if those room types are sold out prior to the release of the promo, the chances of being able to add FD to your existing ressie are very slim indeed. So bottom line is that I think pre-booking is an even worse idea for high-demand rooms, unless you're going to go regardless (as is true in all cases).

Yes, as one poster has suggested, you have the ability to bark your way up the Disney chain and see if being loud gets you what you want. And you *might* get lucky. But if you have your heart set on a particular room type and location, I wouldn't hedge my whole trip on that single bet.

Ok, all of this made me think of a different scenario, and I'm just curious for the expert opinion (which up until this point, I've totally agreed/understood CanadianGuy and I'm just curious about this scenario). See if you can follow me...

Does Disney ONLY offer FD on "unbooked" rooms? So in the PP situation...say there are 100 club level rooms at AKL. Say when they announce FD, all 100 are already booked. Would they still earmark say 10 rooms for FD? Or if they are all booked, would Disney decide no need to offer FD for those rooms (which to me would make the most sense)? Or instead, would 10 of the 100 rooms, whether booked or not, have the ability to get FD? Because in that situation, it seems like with such a low inventory of rooms available and ones that get sold out quickly, it *would* make sense to book now and add (or change to) FD later when/if it's announced?

But regardless, the inventory at entire resorts, such as POP or CBR or wherever, is so much larger, and you have a pretty good chance at having a reservation of some sort, at least w/o a discount, that I understand the logic in waiting, otherwise mgt believes it has rooms booked and won't earmark as many for FD. I think this has the potential of being different than the specialty of club level rooms at AKL, or is it all the same? Just curious!

This just came thru on my email:

Wishing for an amazing Walt Disney World® family vacation?

Hungry for a Disney deal,
XXXX Family?

Good. Because we're about to offer you a great one...one that makes for a tasty and convenient way to enjoy Disney meals and snacks throughout your stay!

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service
Dining Plan, FREE

when you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets! For stays most nights now through 8/14/10.

Check out the sample pricing on these
Disney Resort categories.
Enjoy savings of $127 per adult!

For stays most nights 4/11/10-6/3/10

Select Disney
Value Resorts
$ 499 *

Select Disney
Moderate Resorts
$ 655 *

For stays most nights 6/4/10-8/14/10

Select Disney
Value Resorts
$ 530 *

Select Disney
Moderate Resorts
$ 689 *

*The number of packages available at these rates is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the same package. Tickets are for one Theme Park per day and must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required.

Scurry and book through 4/30/10!

or
Call 407-939-7931
or your Travel Agent.

Be ready with your PIN:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ask about great rates at Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts when you call!

With any of these packages, you'll enjoy:
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
Lets you choose Quick-service meals and snacks at over 50 select
Walt Disney World restaurants! The plan includes:

Two (2) Quick-service meals and two (2) snacks per person, per night of your package stay for everyone in the party over 3 years of age, plus one (1) Resort refillable drink mug per person (refillable only at your
Disney Resort hotel)!
Excludes alcoholic beverages. Children ages 3–9 must order from children's menu if available.

Extra Magic Hours Benefit
Each day, one of the Theme Parks is open extra time to
enjoy select attractions. Valid Theme Park admission required.
Disney's Magical Express Service
Enjoy complimentary motor coach transportation between
Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort hotel.
Complimentary motor coach transportation
throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add vacation@registration.disneyworld.com to your email address book or safe list.

Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form.

This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion sent to:
GRETCHENOHAR@HOTMAIL.COM.

If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC, or other Disney entities, advertising or promoting Walt Disney World® products or services, click here.

Disney Destinations Marketing
Attn: Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

WDWCMR_09_13884
©Disney

Free QSDP through August 14th has been offered for a while now...I got a postcard for it back in February and I believe others got theirs even earlier. Obviously this time a timeframe they're still working on, which is why the offer is still going out.

Can I say something here? I don't think you have anything to be sorry for. You know the dates you are going and you can't be flexible. You're within 6 months of your vacation time and there's absolutely nothing wrong with booking to guarantee you at least have a resort and can make the dining reservations you want! You also know that you may not get any kind of discount and could end up paying full price. But it's your vacation so do what you want (and can afford)! :)

Some of us get so caught up in this code-watching stuff that we can easily forget what's important - going to Disney with your family/friends and having the best vacation you can afford - whatever that may be - disount or not. ;)

thank you! That is exactly what I needed to hear!
:sunny:
I should be nothing but thankful that me and my family are going to WDW this year when others may not even have a job and are worried about keeping their homes, you really put it into perspective for me.

Ok, all of this made me think of a different scenario, and I'm just curious for the expert opinion (which up until this point, I've totally agreed/understood CanadianGuy and I'm just curious about this scenario). See if you can follow me...

Does Disney ONLY offer FD on "unbooked" rooms? So in the PP situation...say there are 100 club level rooms at AKL. Say when they announce FD, all 100 are already booked. Would they still earmark say 10 rooms for FD? Or if they are all booked, would Disney decide no need to offer FD for those rooms (which to me would make the most sense)? Or instead, would 10 of the 100 rooms, whether booked or not, have the ability to get FD? Because in that situation, it seems like with such a low inventory of rooms available and ones that get sold out quickly, it *would* make sense to book now and add (or change to) FD later when/if it's announced?

But regardless, the inventory at entire resorts, such as POP or CBR or wherever, is so much larger, and you have a pretty good chance at having a reservation of some sort, at least w/o a discount, that I understand the logic in waiting, otherwise mgt believes it has rooms booked and won't earmark as many for FD. I think this has the potential of being different than the specialty of club level rooms at AKL, or is it all the same? Just curious!

Here's my take - and know that this is just my best guess and not based on any inside info anywhere! A couple of years ago we had a trip booked for dates that ended up being FD time frame. We already had POFQ booked before it was released. When it was released, it wasn't available for our dates AT ALL at POFQ. Not even an "if you move to a water view room..." type of thing. Our TA moved us to POR, which was fine with us too but we were hoping for POFQ since we had not stayed there yet. Our TA promised to keep checking back to see if anything opened up. As she put it "once the dust settles from all of the resort shuffling people will do to get the deal, things might open up!" Sure enough about 3 days later I got an email from her that she was able to move us back to POFQ with FD. Based on that I am guessing that they say that they have maybe something like a % of occupancy that they set where when the resort hits that %, they no longer offer a promo there anymore. If it later falls below the magic %, then rooms open up for the promo. Keep in mind that every single night of your stay has to be below that % in order to "unlock" the promo for your stay. If just 1 night is over that %, then it's a no-go.

All I know is that there were non-FD rooms available for our dates so the resort wasn't full but there were no rooms for the promo until a few days later. The rooms don't always open up though. We've had other trips where we have to make a change, either to another resort or to a different view at the same resort to get the promo and our TA keeps checking, and so do I, but nothing opens up before we travel.

We book once we know we are definitely going to travel no matter what but I never consider us "locked in" to that resort/view until after a discount has been applied!

I agree, while booking your resort & room type ahead of time doesn't give you a head up on FD or any discounts unless that resort/room type is there. I booked two club levels for my family one for DH & Myself & one for DS & SIL. A discount came out & only one room was still there for the discount but because I booked two I couldn't get the discount. Both had to have the discounts but Disney didn't have two club level rooms under the offer only one. I ask why couldn't they gave me a discount on one of the rooms but they wouldn't & I went to the highest person I could talk to with no luck. Tried again two years ago same thing. I was also told they give a limited number of club levels to discounted offers. I do better with the bounce backs when I go than the current offers :) But I look at this way I wanted to go then discount or not but it would have been nice. There was once a long time ago you could call & they would make changes to your existing reservation with it no being one there. But since then they changed unless I got lucky with a great CM who changed it but that was like 6 years ago or more. Oh well I never get pins eith no matter how many times I sign up <sighs> I lamented to the CM yesterday when I added a day to my Nov/DEc trip & he said they were far & few but who know anymore. I am tired of looking each day. I just go with the flow & be happy that I can go as after 2011 that will be our last Disney trip for quite some time.:sad1:

I just have a question regarding this.... How about rooms like club level, where they have a limited amount of inventory for the promotion? In my situation, I am going whether or not I get free dining, but I made sure to book my room and resort back in October because I wanted to ensure we got a club level room at AKL. These rooms book up fast , and I did not want to be dissapointed. Last year we had a club level room (Sept 2009) and where able to add free dining without a problem on the first day of the promo (March 30)....
Fast forward to this year, the free dining promo has not been announced yet, yes I am hoping for it , and I would love to save some money....but I will still go regardless. However, what would my chances have been getting the resort and level of room I wanted had I waited until free dining was offered??? Is it the above advice (to not pre-book rooms in the hope of a promo) the same in this instance?
I really don't want to take the chance on not having a club level room.

My advice always ends the same - unless u plan on goin anyway. So I think you have in fact answered your own dilemma. :)

What is more important to you? The fall promo or AKL club level? You don't have to decide today.

You can book your ideal room and decide later if you'd rather switch resorts ,if you have to in order to secure the fall promo .. or stay where u are. With any luck - u won't have to choose. But keep in mind how the system works.

There is a CM on these boards who I have learned a LOT from and he could answer this precisely.

Let's assume what we read a few pages back about the resort managers being responsible for allocating rooms on the promo. I've heard that now a few times. I don't know it for an absolute fact, but let's pretend u were the resort manager responsible for revenue at AKL and when the time came to allocate fall promo rooms.. all of those club level rooms were booked.

Would u take a chance on some of them cancelling - knowing that you could release them on a less expensive (to the resort) discount later on?

I would take that chance. Depending on what the room 'target occupancy' was for the time in question at my resort.. Let's say it was 92%. Each resort and room category has a target % of occupancy for each time of the year... that might even break down by week.. I don't know how that part works for sure. But I can assure you they have targets.

If a room category was 82% or higher booked against a 92% target rate - I would not release any if I were the manager.

If the room category is at or very near the targets for the promo time frame - I would NOT release those rooms on (what can be) one of the single most expensive promos (cost per guest/per day) .. I would chance the cancellations and hope someone else will either snap them up at rack rate or on a less burdensome promo later on.

Why? Cause that's the smarter business move. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter