FREE DINING UPDATE- RUMOR and SPECULATION / Update Page 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone booked airfare yet...or are you awaiting more definitive FD dates?? I think I should book because they are the lowest I've seen them...but don't want to pay the $75 per person fee to change them if needed...:confused3

I'm waiting at this point. We're booked at CSR for August 13-27 with a QSDP PIN. I'm hoping that FD comes out at the end of this month, and we'll shift our ressie to Aug. 16-30 or thereabouts to take advantage.

Unfortunately, our airfare has gone up about $300 in the past two weeks!!:scared1: Bing is indicating that we should wait, and I'm hopeful that it'll come back down a bit by the time we're ready to book.

I got the 20/30/40 pin also today. Have my AAA TA checking to see if our 2 bedroom at the BWV can be changed to the discount rate. We make out better with a room discount than the free dining so hopefully I can use this pin. The dates are from July through Dec. with July 4th weekend, Columbus Day weekend, Thanksgiving and may one other blacked out. I had received the QSFD last week on two different emails but that did nothing for us. If they are sending these pins out now they may be waiting to see how many rooms they book this way before anything else comes out. There is no book by date on the email that I got. Hopefully some of you waiting will get the pin in the near future.

I got the same pin...FD would be better for our family but...
You get what you get and you don't get upset...
right:rotfl:

So has anyone booked airfare yet...or are you awaiting more definitive FD dates?? I think I should book because they are the lowest I've seen them...but don't want to pay the $75 per person fee to change them if needed...:confused3

I am waiting for airfare to come down...it is still way up there. I could book know and just change it for a credit but I don't want to...so I am here waiting:surfweb:

I am waiting for airfare to come down...it is still way up there. I could book know and just change it for a credit but I don't want to...so I am here waiting:surfweb:
Where are you flying from? I booked AirTran for $71 one way, $67 the other?? They are direct flights from Indianapolis to MCO. I booked those last month for the end of September. Ah webfares! :cloud9:

Can this be right. Called disney talk to cm. Asked if qsdp that expires on 8/14/2010 could be used past that date if i checked in on August 14 and left on Aug 25th . Would i still get the free qsdp for my entire stay. I was told....yes. I asked if i can pay the difference between the qsdp and the upgraded sitdown and again told yes. the difference would be $15 per person per night. I diden't think you could use the pin pa:rolleyes1st the date it expired. i had them do a 7 day courtsey hold and than retrieved the information and the reservation reflects the qsdp for the length of our stay.

As far as cheap airfafre check out southwest airlines out of buf.. 3 rt flights direct that is...total cost for 3 adults $474.00. :cool1::ro:laughing:tfl:

Historically, yes, you can get free dining as long as the first day of your stay is before the end of the promotion. I don't see why they would change it for a PIN.

What I'm saying, I think, is if you book rack rate at POP, and FD comes out, even if the "FD rooms" are booked, they are still going to give you Free Dining.

Negative. You are totally, 100%, absolutely incorrect on this one. Discount rooms/package are a pool at each Resort, if it's not available anymore then it's no longer available. Where do people get their information?

All discounted rates and packages work this way... there is a limited number of rooms that can be booked with the discounted rate or package per Resort. Once they are out, they are out.

If you book a rack rate room at Pop and a Free Dining offer comes out and there's availability at Pop for that package, then they'll switch it over (which will require rebooking the reservation from a room only to a vacation package) ONLY IF YOU CALL AND ASK TO HAVE IT SWITCHED OVER AND ONLY IF THERE STILL IS AVAILABILITY, in other words WDTC will not do it automatically for you and the Resort Front Desks also will not be able to help you out either (the FD cannot changes package types or book packages, they can only do day-of walk-in rack rate room only reservations). Lets say you delay a couple of days and then the availability for Free Dining at Pop is then all taken up by other Guests, then you will NOT be able to rebook with Free Dining at Pop because it is no longer available... however other Resorts might have availability for that package that you can switch your reservation to.

Now you could be "one of those Guests" and scream and throw a temper tantrum to try to get what you want (PLEASE do not be one of those Guests!), but the offers states in more technical terms that there is limited availability, it can run out, and it might not be available at your desired Resort.

Discounted rates and packages are subject to availability, always has been... always will. :P If your crazy talk was true, then EVERYONE who is staying during a Free Dining period would be eligible for it... when they are clearly not and multiple folks have stated in this very thread that they had to change Resorts because whatever offer was not available at the Resort they want to stay at.

Not to be snarky, but you are incorrect. As for Knox, he is correct and there's a reason why he's one of the moderators. He knows his stuff folks.

BTW, I'm a former Front Desk and WDTC Cast Member of about 15 years and I'd like to think that I know my stuff... and you are? 8:P

Historically, yes, you can get free dining as long as the first day of your stay is before the end of the promotion. I don't see why they would change it for a PIN.

This is correct. It's the day of check-in that determines your eligibility. If the offer expires on the 14th and you check-in on the 14th, then you get the offer for your entire stay. If you are checking in on the 15th, then the offer will not be available to you at all. That's why most offers are stated as "valid for check-ins on or prior to xx/xx/xx" or something similar.

One thing that I used to do when I took vacations to the World was I used to book on the second to last day or the last day of the Free Dining offer period and stay for like 10 days... that way I still get to enjoy the tail end of Epcot Food and Wine (best place to use up those Snack credits!) and way less crowds at the restaurants because there's less people there with Free Dining... as most folks mistake the offer date as thinking it's when you have to leave, not when you have to start your vacation. Anyways, that was always my little secret on a great Free Dining vacation.

I received an offer today for free quick service dining until August and I can upgrade to regular dining.

You should be able to pay the difference between the regular price of Quick Service Dining and the cost of the regular Dining Plan... which I sadly do not know off the top of my head. The same would go if you wanted to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan, you just pay the difference.

Negative. You are totally, 100%, absolutely incorrect on this one. Discount rooms/package are a pool at each Resort, if it's not available anymore then it's no longer available. Where do people get their information?

All discounted rates and packages work this way... there is a limited number of rooms that can be booked with the discounted rate or package per Resort. Once they are out, they are out.

If you book a rack rate room at Pop and a Free Dining offer comes out and there's availability at Pop for that package, then they'll switch it over (which will require rebooking the reservation from a room only to a vacation package) ONLY IF YOU CALL AND ASK TO HAVE IT SWITCHED OVER AND ONLY IF THERE STILL IS AVAILABILITY, in other words WDTC will not do it automatically for you and the Resort Front Desks also will not be able to help you out either (the FD cannot changes package types or book packages, they can only do day-of walk-in rack rate room only reservations). Lets say you delay a couple of days and then the availability for Free Dining at Pop is then all taken up by other Guests, then you will NOT be able to rebook with Free Dining at Pop because it is no longer available... however other Resorts might have availability for that package that you can switch your reservation to.

Now you could be "one of those Guests" and scream and throw a temper tantrum to try to get what you want (PLEASE do not be one of those Guests!), but the offers states in more technical terms that there is limited availability, it can run out, and it might not be available at your desired Resort.

Discounted rates and packages are subject to availability, always has been... always will. :P If your crazy talk was true, then EVERYONE who is staying during a Free Dining period would be eligible for it... when they are clearly not and multiple folks have stated in this very thread that they had to change Resorts because whatever offer was not available at the Resort they want to stay at.

Not to be snarky, but you are incorrect. As for Knox, he is correct and there's a reason why he's one of the moderators. He knows his stuff folks.

BTW, I'm a former Front Desk and WDTC Cast Member of about 15 years and I'd like to think that I know my stuff... and you are? 8:P

True what Burnt Toast is saying, (at least with my dealings)I booked in Feb with the 40% PIN @ WL for Dec 5-12. I was going to book the standard room with the PIN and the CM(whom was very nice) said the rooms avail with the PIN were Courtyard and Woods View. I booked the WV with BB. The CM said after we booked there were only 8 rooms with a that discount ( I was contemplating staying at another Deluxe also). So needless to say I booked WL. WDW is like any other place that provides discounts, restrictions apply, its the small writing.:goodvibes

Can this be right. Called disney talk to cm. Asked if qsdp that expires on 8/14/2010 could be used past that date if i checked in on August 14 and left on Aug 25th . Would i still get the free qsdp for my entire stay. I was told....yes. I asked if i can pay the difference between the qsdp and the upgraded sitdown and again told yes. the difference would be $15 per person per night. I diden't think you could use the pin pa:rolleyes1st the date it expired. i had them do a 7 day courtsey hold and than retrieved the information and the reservation reflects the qsdp for the length of our stay.

As far as cheap airfafre check out southwest airlines out of buf.. 3 rt flights direct that is...total cost for 3 adults $474.00. :cool1::ro:laughing:tfl:

My ? is about the cost of upgrade... I have heard $10 to upgrade... is it $15 in this situation because it isn't value season? Just checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter