Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey neighbor! We are in Holly Springs. Love year round school so we can Disney without missing school!

:wave2: I know. We have only been in October and it has been great! My oldest starts high school next year so this might be our last non crowded hurrah...:)

I am from NC too!!! 20 minutes outside of Raleigh.:cool1:

Now I am off to find the new thread:drive:

NC person here, too! A southeastern suburb of Charlotte. We love being so close to WDW (well, at least comfortable driving distance...)- makes those once a year trips more affordable!

NC person here, too! A southeastern suburb of Charlotte. We love being so close to WDW (well, at least comfortable driving distance...)- makes those once a year trips more affordable!

How far of a drive is it from Charlotte? My brother lives in Matthews.

How far of a drive is it from Charlotte? My brother lives in Matthews.

We are about 10 minutes south of Matthews! We get on 485 to 77 S to 26 then catch 95 S to I-4 S. Start to finish with only stopping for gas/food/bathroom breaks, we can make it in about 8 1/2 hours or so. We usually head out at about 4am, so we pull in to the resort no later than 1pm.

We are about 10 minutes south of Matthews! We get on 485 to 77 S to 26 then catch 95 S to I-4 S. Start to finish with only stopping for gas/food/bathroom breaks, we can make it in about 8 1/2 hours or so. We usually head out at about 4am, so we pull in to the resort no later than 1pm.

We live about 10 miles North of Charlotte and last year it took 8 hours 10 minutes. We also left at 4:00am with one stop. Real easy drive!

I can't believe this thread is still going!!! would anyone say this is the longest thread running?

I see your leaving soon. Hope you have a wonderful trip. You deserve it for all the you did for us. Be on the lookout for those CT people. I here they have the run of the place:rotfl2:

Ah yes the CT people for sure. I just hope I don't meet anyone I know from back home. How could I drive fifteen hours and run into someone from my hometown...or even worse, someone from work!!!!

Ah yes the CT people for sure. I just hope I don't meet anyone I know from back home. How could I drive fifteen hours and run into someone from my hometown...or even worse, someone from work!!!!

That would stink. One of my co-workers will be overlapping her vacation with mine but I think with the resort being so big we probably won't see each other. She's down there because her niece is dancing in some sort of competition during Jersey week.

Just got the nerve to call and cancel my original ressie for standard view room at POFQ! I made my room requests for my new ressie at POR. Now, finally I think everything is finished. I called at 3:40pm and had a 30min wait. CM was pleasant but did say... "Next time you can just call and modify your existing reservation instead of double booking". Supposedly that's to save me trouble of having to now wait for a refund... Yeah right, hahahahaha!!!!! I booked online around 12:10 AM EST Aug1 and when the phone went live at 7 it was chaos. I think I made the right choice, huh? Now all I have left is the wait. That's the hardest part!

Just got the nerve to call and cancel my original ressie for standard view room at POFQ! I made my room requests for my new ressie at POR. Now, finally I think everything is finished. I called at 3:40pm and had a 30min wait. CM was pleasant but did say... "Next time you can just call and modify your existing reservation instead of double booking". Supposedly that's to save me trouble of having to now wait for a refund... Yeah right, hahahahaha!!!!! I booked online around 12:10 AM EST Aug1 and when the phone went live at 7 it was chaos. I think I made the right choice, huh? Now all I have left is the wait. That's the hardest part!

LOL the same thing happened to me today!:lmao: CM was slightly rude in the way he said it, like I was a bad person for double booking. I have been looking for POR since last Thursday with nothing available. When it popped up this morning I jumped on it before it was gone. I basically told the CM that I would do what he suggested except for the fact that everytime I've called since FD opened, I have never waited less than 30 minutes. I am not upset about that; I understand they have been swamped since FD came out and also the computers keep crashing. If I would have called this morning, the room at POR would have been gone. And on that call when I called to cancel my original reservation, it took 30 minutes to get a CM.

No I don't feel guilty. I called within 2 hours of making my new reservation to cancel my old one.

Wow, I made it a whole work day without checking this and didn't get too far behind! I haven't looked at part 3 yet.....

LOL the same thing happened to me today!:lmao: CM was slightly rude in the way he said it, like I was a bad person for double booking. I have been looking for POR since last Thursday with nothing available. When it popped up this morning I jumped on it before it was gone. I basically told the CM that I would do what he suggested except for the fact that everytime I've called since FD opened, I have never waited less than 30 minutes. I am not upset about that; I understand they have been swamped since FD came out and also the computers keep crashing. If I would have called this morning, the room at POR would have been gone. And on that call when I called to cancel my original reservation, it took 30 minutes to get a CM.

No I don't feel guilty. I called within 2 hours of making my new reservation to cancel my old one.

Congrats to you for finally getting what you want! No guilt here either. My room that was booked wasn't a FD room anyway. That's why I moved my ressie.:cheer2:

I just saw a POR garden view room with free dining for 11/16-11/23. I did not take it because I only want a standard room. We are booked at CSR and fine staying there if needed. Hope this helps someone.

I just saw a POR garden view room with free dining for 11/16-11/23. I did not take it because I only want a standard room. We are booked at CSR and fine staying there if needed. Hope this helps someone.

I see standard rooms available now too! I'm hoping to upgrade to Riverview myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter