FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

There are no codes for AAA. You can book AAA one of two ways.

##2 - If a better room-only code or package comes out (such as the free ticket upgrade package), I call Disney and switch over to that code or package if it is available. All you have to do is call Disney again (toll-free) and ask to change from your exisiting reservation to the new code/package....you do not have to re-book / cancel..

I think the above has changed. I had a room only ressie and when the new rates came out I called to switch to a package and they had to cancel and open a new reservation. They even returned the $ I had already paid and had to repay the deposit.

PS - PEOPLE! We are almost into double digits here!!!!! :cheer2:

:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2: WoOoO~HoOoOo 113 days baybeeeee:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

I think the above has changed. I had a room only ressie and when the new rates came out I called to switch to a package and they had to cancel and open a new reservation. They even returned the $ I had already paid and had to repay the deposit.

You are correct, Sabrina....it has changed. They do cancel your room reservation and book a new package reservation. They do it on the phone all in the same call. I think they used to do it that way before as well....but, they had the ability to move the deposit over from your room-only to the package. Now, they refund your deposit on the room-only and book the package.

It's basically the same thing....so, you still won't have to make 2 calls.

Speed :teleport:

You are correct, Sabrina....it has changed. They do cancel your room reservation and book a new package reservation. They do it on the phone all in the same call. I think they used to do it that way before as well....but, they had the ability to move the deposit over from your room-only to the package. Now, they refund your deposit on the room-only and book the package.

It's basically the same thing....so, you still won't have to make 2 calls.

Speed :teleport:

Yea just a PITA with so many reservation numbers, cancellation number and refund number and who knows what other numbers I was given

We are heading down to Disney and will be there Jan 31- Feb 3rd!! I'm hoping to find a good deal.

Yippie, that 100 day mark is almost here............

We just found out some friends of ours are going to book for the same time we are there. I can't wait. They are even going to try for the same flight !!!

I am hoping 15 days or so until we see the codes come out..... ( earlier would be just fine too )

We just did our halloween decorations today and hung our Mickey Pumpkin flag. It sure does look nice. I guess my co-workers are right, we're obsessed!! That comment came after my cell phone rang at work the other day, and the ringer was "it's a small world".

Have a good weekend all!!!

Great info speedyf!

Don't forget with Disney Visa, you will typically get the code/discount earlier than the general public. And if you're stay is long enough, sometimes an annual pass is justified.

And then we can all hope and dream about a PIN code!!!! :)

I only recently got my disney visa..do they mail you these offers, or are they posted somewhere? Thanks..:thumbsup2

Subscribing

Planning for 2/10 - 2/14.

Discount sure would help. Anyone know what resorts can handle family of six?

Don't forget with Disney Visa, you will typically get the code/discount earlier than the general public. And if you're stay is long enough, sometimes an annual pass is justified.

Is this code usually just for package deals? Is there any hope for a room-only code (other than AAA) for Feb?

Anyone know what resorts can handle family of six?

In a single room, and assuming you do not have a child under 3: the Ft. Wilderness Cabins, the Family Suites at All-Star Music, and the 2BR DVC units. I *think* the junior suites at CSR might, as well, but don't know for sure.

HI, Ya'll!!! I have had PC issues and only read posts about once this week!
If we plan a meet, when and where would we meet-at the potential P&PP??!!! But WHERE?? Somewhere off the beaten path??

Wendypooh, Sabrina, whomever-help!!! I have about a million things on my plate right now and I just saw that we have 109 days until our first day at WDW-and 108 if we drive and leave on Thursday-YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

DH will think me nutty for meeting "stangers online" at WDW, but it is what he LIKES about me best!

BTW- my youngest turned 8 on the 13th!!! princess: My Baby!!
AND my DD9 had a milestone on the 14th-7 years since the doc said, "your daughter is in remission, it means she is low risk-just 2.5 years more of chemo"-I know, good and bad news all in one statement,BUT 2.5 years is typical for leukemia kids-LOW RISK meant that she had a higher survival rate and that treatment wouldn't be as horrible as it could be-and REMISSION, well that meant they could "see" no cancer cells under thier microscope, BUT that some were still there, lurking, hiding-hence the next 2.5 years of chemo. Yet, the fact they could see no more cancer cells made me all giggly inside! I D, no, LOATHED them little life suckers!!
But what counts is the 5 years OFF TREATMENT-which will be next March-then she is "loosely" considered "cured"(they'll never tell us that though).

Now, at 109 days out, and heading into fall/winter, and the fact my kids have been WELL, I am having a little :tiptoe: anxiety over them being sick for this sooooo long awaited trip(there ,I said it out loud!). Am I the only crazy, thinkin' -like- this- mom out there going in Feb???
(:scared: breathe Lori, breathe....aaahhhhh, we'll take it as it comes. They may not want to meet me b/c they will think I am like Gollum from LOTR!!!:crazy: )

See ya!!! Lori:rolleyes1

Hey Lori,
Wow - is that all we have left!? Yeah - can't wait! We'll be leaving sometime during the middle of the night Thursday night - Come on - you know you want to, too!

Congrats on your daughter's milestone! I can't imagine, but I'm so happy for y'all. What a wonderful reason to celebrate in Feb! Happy b-day to your other daughter!

I'm kinda' freakin' out about somebody getting sick in DW too. My parents took my younger siblings to DW without me :scared1: (yeah, so I was married - they could have taken me anyway) and they all caught the virus. :sick: I will just keep thinking positively or risk going insane :scared: . I just hope my daughter's asthma doesn't keep us inside at night. I love dw at night!

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the party enough to suggest a time or place, but maybe early on so that we don't get too caught up in things to miss it?

Almost at 100 :dance3:

that sounds good-earlier sounds good to me!!!

Disneymom14-THANKS:wizard:

Lori

Lori

I am so happy for your daughter and your family, that is wonderful news! Isnt it crazy we are almost in double digits!! WOoo-HoOoo

So about our P & PP mini-meet, maybe before the fireworks, those are not to be missed so I am going to assume that most of us will be watching that, or early at one of the dance parties

Is this code usually just for package deals? Is there any hope for a room-only code (other than AAA) for Feb?

From what I've seen the Visa code is usually the same thing as the general code, just released earlier. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Im am worried too about the kids or me and DH getting sick. My daughter (middle one) will turn 8 on the 20th! She has Asthma too and i am worried about her asthma acting up while in WDW. I'll just pack all her meds and pray for the best.
Double digits are coming up fast! Ohh i cant wait. Does Christmas seem like just a stepping stone to WDW for anyone else? Im barely thinking Thanksgiving and Christmas except to say After them is DISNEY! Christmas seem so bland compared to going to Disney World.

? Im barely thinking Thanksgiving and Christmas except to say After them is DISNEY! Christmas seem so bland compared to going to Disney World.

ITA, I mean it is Jesus Birthday, but besides that, I havent even decorated my house the last two years because I am to busy doing planning spreadsheets and reading every single Disney website/blog/forum possible and you know theres the constant checking of weather patterns and all sorts of silly stuff.

A little OT, but my DS is pretty sick and has been for over 2 weeks. There's a link to the story in my signature. If you pray, we'd sure appreciate it.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter