FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

lori1043

Where IS that EASY button advertised on TV?
yeah, I know it is early;) and don't see one posted yet- but the Dec 2007 one went up in December, so here I am! We are going Feb 1, 2008 for 9 nights(Mardi Grasis 2/5/08).
I just read the discount histories since 2004 and it looks like we should have one if that trend is followed-we will have an AP and will be searching for those discounts too!:wizard:
I read that they post them as early as August and as late as January.
We will be booked(at least) by the end of this month!:woohoo:

Thanks- keep us posted and I will when I find anything out!:yay:
Lori

MINImeet!! 2/2/08 at 6:45pm, before the P&PP!!! It will be in front of the Jungle Cruise area

lori1043
wendypooh
barncat30
disneymom14
sabrina90744
triplfigs
taramarie

These are all the ones I saw dates for- I have many that are going at Mardi Gras and have times periods in there. I will add them as we get definite dates. If any are wrong- please feel free to edit it if it lets you or let me know by this thread or PM me.

DISNEYRIFFIC- 1/25-2/1-CBR
BOWLINCHICAROO-Jan. 26th~Feb. 2nd, 2008-POR
ms*mountaineer -1/30 - 2/2
MAMALOYA-Jan 30-Feb 10th-FW (voted BRAVEST TRAVELER by Lori)
HOCKEYBABE-1/31-2/3-?
EMALONE-1/31-2/4-?
INCREDIBLEMOM-1/31-2/6-POLY
SABRINA90744-1/31-2/9-POP
CURTESSEY- 1/31-2/10-POP
BORNWITHTHEEARS-Feb. 1st - 6th-WL
THEORGANIZER-2/1-2/8-POP
SPEEDYF-2/2-2/9-ASSp
MICKIECAKE-Feb 2-9
KLL-2/1-2/9-POFQ
LORI1043-2/1-2/10-POP
AVIC77-2/2-2/10-?
DRMWVR1299-2/1-2/10-?
JUSTSTARTING-2/1-2/10-POR
CGPANDRUS-2/1-/210-?
GINA-2/2-MAGIC
DISNEYMOM14-2/2-2/8 -POP
LOVESHAUNTEDMANSION- 2/2- 2/8-POFQ
MICKICAKE-Feb2-9-AKL
KJBROWN-2/2-2/9-POLY
TRIPLEFIGS-Feb 2-9-CR
WENDYPOOH-2/2-2/10-POLY OR AKL
SINDERELLI- Feb. 2-10-POP
LINDAMOMOF3-2/3-2/9-?
MAUDE4DISNEY-2/2-2/10-?
HYONLYF-2/4-2/9-?
MELB61-2/4-2/9, 2008-BOARDWALK
CAPEGRENIER-2/5-2/15-FW
DADDYOF2-2/6-2/12-?
KARMEL96-2/6 to 2/13 -POR
SUSIEQ76- Feb 6-13th-CR
CALLAGHAN0416- Feb 6th to Feb 15th-POR
5BINDMICE-2/7-2/12-POLY
T9J7T5-2/7-2/13-?
JB2MW-2/8-2/16-AS
CALLAGHAN0416-2/8-2/19-?
2CUTEKIDZ-2/9-2/14-?
LESLIEWITT-VWL from 2/9-2/15
LYNN46356-2/9-2/15-POP
BLUEEYEDGIRL-2/9-2/16OKW
BEFFERK-2/8-2/19-ASMo
MAGIX2-ASMo for 2/9-2/13, WL 2/14, 2/15, and 2/16
DISNEYSPAZ-2/10-2/16-AKL
PRESCHOOLMOM-2/10-2/16-?
CINJAM-2/12 - 2/19-CS
JOANS-2/13-2/24-BCV
FAMILYS-2/14-2/22-?
JDUFF-2/14-2/24-BCV
WETWHISTLE-Feb 15 - 25th- Pop Century
KAYW-2/16-2/20-POP
TURNLISA-2/16 to 2/23-POR
DREWSWIFE-02/17 - 02/24-?
DAISY79-feb 22 to march 1-?
SATRN-Feb 23rd-29th at ASMu
ZAZOU-2/23-3/3-?
AUSTINSMOM-2/23-3/2-?
GOOFY22-2/24/08 - 3/01/08-POR
AUDREY13-2/24-3/1-CSR
KATIEDID36-2/24-3/1-?
BHOFFMAN-2/24-3/1-YC
IZZYS4-2/28-3/8-POFQ
ALWAYS_LEARNING-2/29-3/7-?
TALLENT-2/29-3/4-?

Just booked our room only for Feb 29--March 4th. Next trip though will be a quickie in July. Gotta make up for all the Disney I missed last year! :love:

Rachel

I am with you have AKL std view ressie for Feb 10th thru 16th 2008 and would LOVE!!!!! a discount so we can upgrade to savannah view. Its DS's suprise 17th birthday and I would love to do this for him. :love:

I'll jump in here. We are going in February 2008 as well. How do AAA discounts work? Do they typically have these for this time of year?

:wizard: Beth

We are going to have an AP by that time so I am looking for thsoe discounts. last night I went to mousesavers and they had the history of every type discount and when they came out to when they expired.
We are also thinking of staying in a local villa off property since we have such a large group going and want to have one night that we all have a party:cool1: (celebration) and are together. Part of me wants to stay on the grounds though. Torn, and ANXIOUS to book. We are having a "Disney" get together(with family and friends) in 2 weekends to discuss and book our trip-over crawfish, possibly!
Anyway- any ideas??-Lori

My son and I are going Feb. 1-10 2008. I reserved YC at rake rate and I am really, really hoping to get an AP discount or at least a AAA discount.

I am currently booked at the WL for Jan.
I really would love to stay at one of the Epcot resorts, can't swing it w/ out a good discount though. :sad1:

Just out of curiosity, what's the best nightly rate(using a code or AAA discount) one can expect to get at one of the Epcot resorts?

Hi, still somewhat new here and I have to ask...what is an AP rate? How does one even find out about these? I'd love to book an 08 vaca at AKL but I don't want to pay full price!!!

My son and I are going Feb. 1-10 2008. I reserved YC at rake rate and I am really, really hoping to get an AP discount or at least a AAA discount.

We are going the same days! 2/1/08-2/10/08:banana:

BTW- I am a bit bummed- got a PIN code today in the mail(snail) and it is a GREAT price!! 5 nights/6 days PH PLUS options at a value resort-2 adults, 2 kids(DD7, DD9)=$1371 and if we get DDP, it would be $1871!!
BUT if you ahve seen me on the budget boards or the freebie boards, we are using all of our extras this year to pay off school loans-so DH had to the be the bad guy and say, NO-in my heart , I agree, but I am bummed:(

:cool1: bumping to keep us going!!! Come on Feb 2008 DIS'ers!!:cool1:
:) :lovestruc :cutie: :wizard: :banana: :laughing: :love: :cloud9: :3dglasses :hug: popcorn:: :yay: :rolleyes1 :cool2: :dance3: pirate:

Going for Mardi Gras 2008 as well. Going with a big group and we're going to need 5 rooms. Hope some sort of discount is offered. Any help would be great!

Hi, still somewhat new here and I have to ask...what is an AP rate? How does one even find out about these? I'd love to book an 08 vaca at AKL but I don't want to pay full price!!!

AP is "annual pass" rate- sorry I did not answer earlier. You probably already found out! They give substantial(sp??) discounts to AP holders and I am definitely hoping to get a great AP rate for next year!

:hippie: DECfish-you should join us over on the community boards- it just us metro NOLA fans and people from here who are now located elsewhere.

:cool1: My DH is bringing me to DisneyLand in March:banana: !!! It was a surpirse and I am THRILLED. Just me and him-leaving the kiddos home. He had hotel points and airline miles racked up(from buisness travel) and all we have to pay for is tickets and food!

:eek: OH AND we finally actually BOOKED our trip for 2008 to WDW!! Mardi Gras 2008-cannot wait!!:tinker: I am on :cloud9:

What is the date for Mardi Gras? :confused3

Mardi Gras is February 5th in 2008. It's the earliest that Mardi Gras will fall in the next 50 years....or something like that.

It works out great for us Louisiana people with kids who have the whole week off from 2/2/08 to 2/10/08. It also works out nice since it will be value season and shouldn't be as crowded as mid-February when the east coast groups head down around President's day, etc.

Speed :teleport:

We are heading to the world for Mardi Gras 2008 as well. We are also going in a big group (20 of us as of now).

It will be the first time for some of the group, so we are staying onsite at a value resort.

Just wanted to throw out a little info about discounts at the value resort for this time of year.

Early February should be value season. Rack rate at the value resorts during this time is currently $82 per night.

The AAA discount rate during value season for a value resort is 20% off. That would be $65.60 per night before tax.

The best AP discount I have seen in the past few years has been $59 per night for a value resort.

You can book up to 3 rooms on one Annual Pass (AP) or AAA membership.

You can currently join AAA in south Louisiana for $47. They are offering free enrollment fee and a 2nd member in your household for free as of now. I think the regular price with the enrollment fee is usually around $60 just for one member of your household.

I don't think that the AAA rates are currently available for 2008. From what I've seen, they usually release the rates in August. You can book your room now as a room only reservation, then call Disney in August to apply the AAA discount once that discount has been released.

We are currently looking at 5 value rooms for our group....but, we have not booked just yet.

Lori...we met over crawfish as well on Super Bowl Sunday...but, we need to meet one more time to decide which Value resort to "invade". Guess we will have to eat more crawfish to make that decision :)

Mardi Gras is February 5th in 2008. It's the earliest that Mardi Gras will fall in the next 50 years....or something like that.

It works out great for us Louisiana people with kids who have the whole week off from 2/2/08 to 2/10/08. It also works out nice since it will be value season and shouldn't be as crowded as mid-February when the east coast groups head down around President's day, etc.

Mardi Gras was on Feb 5, 2005-also! Kind'a wierd it is going away from that date for a while!! We have gotten GREAT rates at that time of year-as well as at the end of October. It was actually busier for our Mardi Gras trip 2005 than our Halloween trip in 2003-except for Halloween night. Never go on Halloween night for the MNSSHP-it was like summer!!! In Feb 2005- Daytona was alos that weekend so maybe that is why it busier than we expected. Hoping it is not that week next year!!
Just got off the phone with my SIL about the DDE vs DDP. DDP will NOT be worth it for us next year-we are getting an AP and the DDE as of right now.

OT- going to DisneyLand in 3 weeks!!! 1st time!! DH had miles and points for hotel and airfare-free!!! I just got my 3 day PH passes in the mail today!!

ok- subscribing....looking for any discounts for rooms next january or february...if I booked now, and got AAA in 2 months or whatever, would they apply the discount rates when they came out to my same ressie, so nothing would be changed/lost?TIA:goodvibes

subscribing! We are going next Jan or Feb, too!

Does anyone know what the 'average' discounted room rates are in Jan/Feb? We have AAA, too. We would probably be getting 2 Value rooms since we have 5 people, unless anyone knows of a better way to do it.

Dh wants to get the condo we stayed at this time again, and it was great, but if I can get a rate close to that at Disney, I could talk him into it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter