FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

Yes, we have room only with the AAA rate. Hoping for a good code, although we may buy an AP for this trip. I'd take a good AP rate too!

Hey!!!! Maybe we'll see each other at the lodge or the party, if there is one!!!! Have you been to AKL before.......... OMG we just LOVE it!!!! I've seen you on the Jambo thread, but don't remember if you've been before!!!

As for Jack....... I did not know they were trying out a regular meet & greet, so thanks for that info!!!! My info was from last year when the only time he did a meet&greet was during the party!!! My DS just loved getting to meet him and get pics. We missed a lot of characters last year because we waited so long in that line!!!!!! I'm glad they are trying the meet & greet at other times!!!! It should help out a lot. We wondered why they don't do it after the tutorial!! Anyway, Thanks for posting that!!

Yes, I have been to the Lodge and fell in love with it! I am really hoping to make much more use of all the activities there! We are still not sure about the party, we might use that evening for a dinner at California Grill to see the fireworks from there! But I will certainly look out for you, would be fun to bump into each other!!

Oh, I know about falling in love with the lodge, DH doesn't want to stay anywhere else!!!!! I have convinced him though that one night at the Poly for my B-day won't kill him!!! LOL YES, we'll have to keep an eye out for each other, I'm sure I'll be in Zawadi a lot!!!! LOL There are tons of thing to do at the lodge, we are spending one full day just doing things there while DH plays golf. We are doing the culinary tour, cookie decorating, building a birdhouse (DS did this before and really enjoyed it). We'll probably do some medallion rubbing and then of course the Zawadi Parade (every night)!!!! I'm hoping it's really nice that day so we can enjoy the pool too. DS also enjoys the animal watching. We will at least one night do the story telling at the firepit! That is really neat to do! We should be easy to spot - we'll be the one's in the LSU attire................ :rotfl2:

OH, if you do go to Cali Grill - AND if there is a P&P party - the fireworks should be FANTASTIC!!!!! Last year the P&P party fireworks were beyond incredible!!!! The best I've ever seen!

Yes, I have been to the Lodge and fell in love with it! I am really hoping to make much more use of all the activities there! We are still not sure about the party, we might use that evening for a dinner at California Grill to see the fireworks from there! But I will certainly look out for you, would be fun to bump into each other!!

Is everyone pretty much reserving rooms for Feb. now with no discount and hoping some codes come out later? We're headed to the Daytona 500 over President's Day weekend and were going to stay closer to the track, but the rates are through the roof (and then some!) so now DH and I have decided to stay @ WDW and spend a couple of days in the parks before and after the race. I was surprised to see even the values were close to $150/nt. I think I will also waitlist @ SOG (currently sold-out for my dates). Here's hoping for something soon!

Yes, we have room only with the AAA rate. Hoping for a good code, although we may buy an AP for this trip. I'd take a good AP rate too!

Agree with triplefigs - I think most of us are booked already for Feb. Typically, I think a lot of boardies book around 6 months to a year out! I had my room only booked about 4 months before we switched over to a package.
We have our package booked with a AAA rate and are hoping for a package code to come out that is better!!!! If you are wanting to stay onsite, I'd book ASAP!!!! Keep watching here - once a code comes out, it'll be posted quickly!!!

Also, I'm not positive, and someone who know's for certain will answer, but I don't think codes can be applied to SOG bookings. You may already know, but I think that is the case.

GO DALE Jr .!!!!!!

Also, I'm not positive, and someone who know's for certain will answer, but I don't think codes can be applied to SOG bookings. You may already know, but I think that is the case.

Nope -- no codes for SOG, but at this point their regular rates are looking better than anything I can get right now thru Disney.

Looking at the historical data on discounts, it looks like anything for February should start showing up towards the end of October. So maybe some codes will be out in a couple of weeks.

We probably should have booked sooner but we were intending to stay at a hotel in N. Orlando but just decided we might as well stay onsite since we're going to have to drive to Daytona Beach anyway. We'll only be there for three nights with about 1-1/2 days of park time but some park hopping should enable us to hit some of our favorite attractions.

We booked our package at Pop Century for 10 nights with AAA in August. I'm hoping a code comes out that will knock some money off! :goodvibes

Does AAA ever discount the All Star Suites?

I don't have a AAA membership but I would get one if I could save money!

Does AAA ever discount the All Star Suites?

I don't have a AAA membership but I would get one if I could save money!
They weren't available for AAA in the past. HOWEVER, they now can be booked with free dining, bounceback, codes, and AAA! :thumbsup2

They weren't available for AAA in the past. HOWEVER, they now can be booked with free dining, bounceback, codes, and AAA! :thumbsup2

No kidding. Well I don't know what bouncebacks are but how do you find the AAA discount? I don't have a membership yet.

No kidding. Well I don't know what bouncebacks are but how do you find the AAA discount? I don't have a membership yet.
You can call CRO and ask if it is available for your dates. They only have a few rooms in each category available for AAA. Sometimes you have to have a AAA number to book, some CMs don't ask. Good luck!

And bounceback is the offer they had for people to book a future stay while at the resorts last month.

We are going Jan 31 - 7 at POFQ ...

Party of 6

DisLUV (me)
The DW
DD5 (gonna be 6 on the trip)
DS2
FIL
MIL

Is everyone pretty much reserving rooms for Feb. now with no discount and hoping some codes come out later? We're headed to the Daytona 500 over President's Day weekend and were going to stay closer to the track, but the rates are through the roof (and then some!) so now DH and I have decided to stay @ WDW and spend a couple of days in the parks before and after the race. I was surprised to see even the values were close to $150/nt. I think I will also waitlist @ SOG (currently sold-out for my dates). Here's hoping for something soon!

Just had to say we are kind of doing the same thing. We booked back in March of this year and added AAA discount when it came out. We are arriving 2/8 and staying at ASMo. We were staying there through 2/19 (we are going to the Daytona 500 too!) but I was disgusted when they changed the rates and it was $140+/night for a value for that weekend. So what we are doing now is staying at ASMo until 2/15 then we are switching to an offsite townhouse for ~$100/night for the last 4 nights. We are planning our park days for the 1st part of our stay, so we will be onsite for that at least. After that we will probably do offsite stuff and the Daytona 500 :drive: Where are your seats located?

We're going February 1st through the 6th for Mardi Gras. We will have an AP and are looking for discounts. This is our first time to have an AP. Any tips? Should I go ahead and book it or wait for the discount?

We don't have reservations for the February trip yet but we have reservations at CBR Dec 31st - Jan 6th. I didn't know if there would be a bounceback deal or what. I'm new to all of this.

I'm getting VERY excited! I'm also glad I found this board!

Can you post up a link where you saw this news? When I looked into it, AAA wasn't providing any discounts at all.

Can you post up a link where you saw this news? When I looked into it, AAA wasn't providing any discounts at all.
I've just seen people on the Codes board posting they were able to get the AAA rate and free dining on the ASMu Suites. If you post there, I'm sure someone would be able to help! :thumbsup2

Just found these threads.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1597744

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1581134

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1580318

Heh, now I just need to find out what the codes are so I can call and see if the week I have booked will qualify.

We are heading down for Mardi Gras as well... hopefully some good codes will come out.....???

Heh, now I just need to find out what the codes are so I can call and see if the week I have booked will qualify.

There are no codes for AAA. You can book AAA one of two ways.

#1 - Room Only - To book a room only reservation (no tickets or dining plan), just call Disney and ask for the AAA room rate at the resort of your choice.

#2 - Package - To book a package (room, tickets, dining, or no dining), you must book through a AAA agent to receive the AAA discount. If you are a member, just call your local agency and ask for a quote. Watch out for extras like trip insurance, etc that they may try to tack on. The only discount you will receive is on the room....AAA does not discount the tickets or dining.

The toll free number to Disney Reservations is 800-828-0228

The last 2 years, Disney has run a special for January and early February that included a package with a slightly discounted room and a free upgrade from base (non-hopping) park tickets to hopper tickets with the waterparks and more feature.

I looked at the pricing from last year on a Value Resort and broke it down. The package they offered last year was basically a Value Room at the same price as AAA, with the free upgrade on the tickets. I don't know about any other resorts and what the breakdown was for those resorts.

If you are not interested in the Dining Plan, then here is my advice....and this is what we usually do

#1 - I book a room-only reservation at AAA rate through Disney. The room can be cancelled up to 6 days before arrival without any penalty. The deposit on the room required is only one night's stay plus tax.

#2 - If a better room-only code or package comes out (such as the free ticket upgrade package), I call Disney and switch over to that code or package if it is available. All you have to do is call Disney again (toll-free) and ask to change from your exisiting reservation to the new code/package....you do not have to re-book / cancel.

#3 - If I end up with a room-only reservation, I get tickets from UndercoverTourist.com or TicketMania.com which saves me a few dollars per ticket (maybe $10 per ticket). You can get a special discount code for UndercoverTourist.com through the Mousesavers.com newsletter that will save you a few dollars more than their regular site. They are both reputable ticket resellers that many on these boards have used in the past for tickets (including me).

If you are interested in the Dining Plan, then your best bet is usually booking through a AAA agent. That requires a $200 deposit and cannot be cancelled after the 45 day mark before your vacation starts. If a better package code comes out, you can usually call your AAA agent and have them apply the better code to your existing reservation.

Hope this helps...and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

In the past couple of years, the free ticket upgrade package has been released right around the end of October / beginning of November and was good for the month of January thru about the middle of February. Codes for the end of February were released around the end of December / beginning of January in the past couple of years. The disclaimer is that Disney does not release the codes at the same time every year....so, you just have to hang around here and wait for the codes to be released.

PS - PEOPLE! We are almost into double digits here!!!!! :cheer2:

Speed :teleport:

Great info speedyf!

Don't forget with Disney Visa, you will typically get the code/discount earlier than the general public. And if you're stay is long enough, sometimes an annual pass is justified.

And then we can all hope and dream about a PIN code!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter