• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

I just wanted to thank everyone here for all of the info and ideas - I'm hosting a Grand Gathering next week for my three grown but recently orphaned nephews (Huey, Louie and Dewey?) and their families. I've been reading the postings and look forward to spending Mardi Gras with all of you Louisiana folks. Just spent an hour in my basement searching for my small collection of beads and light sticks!

Accuweather now says that we will have perfect weather for the entire week.

Harriet from New York, leaving Thursday but arriving at DW on Sunday
PO-FQ 2/3-2/10
:car: :yay:

Well, we won't be joining y'all on Saturday. Everyone is really sick, and DD has the flu (even with the shot). So we've now had to cancel this trip for the 2nd time. Originally we were scheduled for Sept 2007, but DS got sick and was in the hospital for 22 days. Maybe April will be our lucky month! I wish you all a fun and wonderful trip. Say hi to Mickey for us.

Sorry to hear your news. I'm sure your kids are crushed...poor things. I hope and pray that you will make it in April.

We're here @ boardwalk as I type this. :)

I read about a meet Montie/dole whip thing on Sunday 2/3 and now I can't find it. Does anybody know what time that was at?

thank you.

We will be sure to come say hi Saturday night.

What am I forgetting? We leave tomorrow...

swimsuits, clothes, cameras, checked in to airline, ponchos, kids outfits in ziplocs, sunscreen, yadda yadda.

??

:)

Hope the mini meet and P&PP were great last night! I was thinking about y'all. Kids still have flu symptoms, and now DS and DH do too, so it's a good thing we cancelled.

Not too many people lurking around this thread anymore. Seems like most are already at Disney World! Hope everyone is having a wonderful time, and can't wait to hear the details when everyone gets back. For those, like me, who are still sitting at home, have fun with the planning! And STAY HEALTHY!;)

Not too many people lurking around this thread anymore. Seems like most are already at Disney World! Hope everyone is having a wonderful time, and can't wait to hear the details when everyone gets back. For those, like me, who are still sitting at home, have fun with the planning! And STAY HEALTHY!;)

I'm still here leave on Friday by which time there should be lots of early Feb TRs to read . I am soooooo excited:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was SO suprised that there are still so many times available for ADRs. I thought for sure I'd have a problem getting ADRs for the 16th & 17th of February. Nope, no issues at all! :woohoo:

I was SO suprised that there are still so many times available for ADRs. I thought for sure I'd have a problem getting ADRs for the 16th & 17th of February. Nope, no issues at all! :woohoo:

I made most of my ADR's several months ago, but I called last week, and was able to get into the Lilo & Stich breakfast on Feb. 12. I thought I might have trouble getting in, but it was no problem.

Well judging by the number of LSU t-shirts I saw yesterday (Monday 2/4) I'd say most of ya'll have arrived here! MK was very crowded as far as getting around, but surprisingly the waits for rides was still really wonderful. 11am and we walked right into the waiting room before the elevator at Haunted Mansion....Pirates posted 30 minutes but was actually 17 minutes just before HM.

By late afternoon Winnie the Pooh posted 50 minutes so we got our first FP of our entire vacation! But everything else was manageable waits for rides.

The waits for characters was a bit much in Toontown until the sun went down so I'm glad we waited and came back. Spectromagic and the fireworks show was really great and while it was definitely crowded walking down Main Street to get out, we kept moving along. The Monorail back was a wait of 3 trains which was a bit much since we were stuck in the center of maybe a zillion of the dance team girls who were all giggly and loud and photo crazed, but the parking lot and freeways leaving were virtually empty, so ya'll must be staying on site, lol.

So....is there any mini meet tomorrow for Mardi Gras? While we're not from LA, we'd love to see the colors and beads and merriment.

Yep, I'm back :sad1: This is my first post since I have been back (got back 2/3). I was a little sad. We were there from 1/30 to 2/3, just a short trip. Stayed at WL, got a free upgrade to Courtyard view from standard, which was awsome, Towel animals every day :goodvibes Weather was awsome, the only patch of rain was during the seating of Lights, Motors Action, so that was timed perfectly for us.

1/30 did Epcot, arriving there at 5pm, FP'd TestTrack, walked over to MS with 10 minutes from entry to exit of the building, went back to TT, rode, but the ride got shut down while we were in the cold room, so we had to walk off and got a FP for anytime that night or next day(which we couldn't use, but oh well), then went to WS, ate and saw Illuminations.

1/31 was MK am EMH, walked on to Buzz 4 times in a row, when Frontierland opened, walked on to BTM, POTC, and, well just about everything else that morning. FP machines weren't open for Philharmagic all day, and the longest wait we had was about 20 minutes for Barnstormer late in the afternoon.

2/1 didn't FP anything at MGM, and did everything we wanted to by about 4 pm, and since there was no Fantasmic that night, we hopped to Epcot for pm EMH. Did some World Showcase, got some School Bread at Norway, watched the France acrobats, saw the tail end of Japan drums and listened to a Japanese storyteller, FP'd Test Track, rode MS again, went and ate, got FP's for Soarin, went and rode TT, went to Living Seas, rode ride and did Turtle Talk, went on Soarin', and shopped.

2/3 got there for AK opening, rode EE with no wait, got soaked on Kali with no wait and rafts going empty, went to TTBABug, no wait, headed to Dinosaur, 2 minute wait, kids went on Primevil Whirl, about 20 minutes from entry to exit. Headed to DTD to Disney Quest, 10 minute wait for Pirate game, everything else a long wait. I didn't care for the place myself, but we had never been there, and the DS and DH are gamers, so they wanted to try some stuff. The helmets you have to wear on some of the games were way to big and uncomfortable, and by 2 the place was pretty busy. Went shopping in DTD, got some pretzels from Goofy Candy Co. and picked up some sticky buns and cinnamon rolls for breakfast the next day there. DH was starting to feel bad, so we headed to MGM to catch the second showing of Fantasmic, our only chance during our visit. What a mess! The wait was incredibly long, the show was supposed to start at 8:30, and we were stuck in this mass of people in line for over 45 minutes, with the shpe being delayed by almost a half hour. Ugh! But we did get to see the show, minus the dragon (is that new? the last time we were there (2005) the Sleeping Beauty scorceress turns into a dragon), and despite the massive crouds exiting, we got a seat on our bus. Up bright and early the next am for ME, and now we're home.

Crowds noticeably larger on Friday and Saturday as the Dance teams and Louisiana moved in.

I'm happy to answer any questions.:goodvibes

we left disney today-in a hotel about 3 hours from home-talk at ya' tomorrow!!had fun!! I showed up for mini meet about 6:45-too late uss b/c i saw no one!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter