FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

we are home too :( We left POR Saturday about 2pm after a quick shopping trip to DTD and got home at about 11pm Saturday night.

The waits were not long (i saw some 50 mins posted but i had fast passes already or had already did those rides) I think the longest I waited was 20 mins except one time we did wait 60 mins for Ariel becuase I forgot about her till mid day!

LOTS of Mardi Gras LSUers there. The Dance teams were there in force especially at HS on Tuesday! But they didnt effect our touring much other then getting around a bunch of girls walking in large groups blocking your way.

Wonderful weather all around.

We're home to! Got home Saturday around 11. We missed the meet, kids we're tired. Tons of people! We got to do most of what we wanted to do. Didn't get to Peter Pan or Dumbo, but didn't really stress to much about it, we have it here at home. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back!

Hey all ~

We got home yesterday evening!!! Had a great time!!!! Too many people though!!! Saw TONS of LSU shirts!!! I think the entire state was there!!!

So,where was everyone for the meet????? We were there at about 6:35 - 6:40 and saw no-one!!! Anyway, it was fun as always - the crowds were larger than we had hoped for, but it was manageable.

Hope everyone had fun!!! I will post some pics in a few days - trying to get back into the routine!!! :sad1:

*** Floss, I got your in-room message, I called your room back, but I think I missed you!! Anyway, you have a lovely accent!!!! :goodvibes
Sent you a PM!!!

Had a good time, but glad to be home!!!

Hi, y'all! Welcome home. Can't wait to hear details of your trips. I thought about you the entire time last week. FYI, we are now going April 26-May 4 and doing a split stay between the CR and BC. And we still get to do the P&PP on 5/2!

Hey everyone- got back at 8:00 last night- work was rough today!! We had a great time- the P&PP on Tuesday the 5th was FANTASTIC. it was so worth the extra money!

The crowds were larger than I expected, but not so big that we had unbearable lines. I saw so many of my students there- it seemed like someone was calling my name every time I got off of a ride!

We got back on Sun. Today I had to work a 12-hour day, but tomorrow only 4, so that's good-I need a morning to sleep in.

We were at the Wilderness Lodge from 2/1 to 2/6, then switched to the Dolphin until 2/9. We walked onto most rides, or had short waits. Several times we got fastpasses, then went to use them and saw 10 min. waits so we saved our fastpasses to use even later, and then ended up giving them away. They just weren't needed!

Weather was great too. It was our first time going in February. I'm a huge fan of Feb. trips!!

It's getting close enough that I'm starting to check the weather for both here in NH (no snowstorms on the 22nd!) and in Disney. I just want it to be hot and sunny during the days that I'm there. It's so not-hot and not-sunny here, I just want to see nearly 80 degrees every day!

Realistically, if it were up to me, I'd wave a magic wand and have a major shut all the airports snowstorm for our return trip (so I could stay longer) but my other family members have important commitments the day we return. *sigh*

Then I'll just have to wait until April to see the sun and warmth again here. And it better not snow in May as it did one year!!

NHWX
can you tell that I've about had it with our weather?

Hey ya'll!! Sorry for the short and sloppy last post!! I was at the hotels business center and it was late-my DH comes to check on me through the window on the side of me and scared the sh-- out of me!!!:scared1:

Anyway-Wendypooh, I must have missed you by MOMENTS b/c I was there later than expected at 6:45-7pm...just thought some of you may be hangin' around. We were in line for Dumbo at 6:25 and up for the next ride and thought we'd make it in time.

I got FLACK from my brother, who is a juvenile detective and works for the FBI searching for online predators, about meeting people from online. I really understand his standpoint and was thinking about what it might teach my kids-but I did get there and was looking forward to meeting you all. We HAVE talked for a year now and I feel it would have been great to meet for a quick hello and picture. I love him and respect him a LOT but I did also feel comfy about seeing you all. My DH just said that he trusted me and was coming with me to meet you all since I have spent SO much time on the Dis over the past year. He figured if I felt comfy with it it was okay. He knows how protective I can be about our children. He also knows my crazy love for all that is Disney. He said, "there are others out there like you?!!!"

My SHORT review of the week...

Favorite ride:
me-Soarin' (since Splash was closed)
DH-RRC
DD8-Kali
DD10-Kali

Favorite park:
me-MK, still
DH-EPCOT
DD8-EPCOT
DD10-EPCOT

WOW!!!

P&PP-2/5-LOVED it, all of us, rode POTC 4 times in a row, no wait

Pop Century-ehhhhhhh, alright , I guess, more on that later-maybe a trip report. AS's are more for us-less people!! Kids liked Twister games and Hippy Dippy pool

New things done:
me-hula at the Luau, had my birthday that night-so cool!!, EE, Pal Mickey
DH-EE
DD8-Test track, Soarin'
DD10-SM, RRC, Mission Space, Soarin'

New thing to kids-PIN trading. DD10 loves it! Spent most of her money on pins

Favorite meal:
me-Luau
DH-luau
DD8-CRT
DD10-luau

Hated the most about this trip:
DD10-sitting at a picnic table at Sci Fi instead of a car(only way they could get us all together)
dd8-nothing
me- POP's food court and bus system
DH agrees!!

LOVED most about this trip:
me-taking our time!
DD8-time to go back to things/rides
DD10-together as a family
DH- (ummm, he went to work!)

Other-went to visit GKTW and had lunch there and a huge amount of ice cream!! Visited the Character Premier outlet.

Lori

Ohhh, I forgot to mention that we saw Disneymom14's room and window decor, cute!!! We were in the same building just on the 3rd floor.

We were right next to disneymom14's room. The day we got there she helped my boys who were trying to get in the room as I walked up. I introduced myself and told her I mostly lurked the board. It was fun to see all the Mardi Gras and LSU shirts. We decorated our door and window with Mardi Gras stuff. My family usually goes at the end of May so this wasn't bad for us at all! We used Tour Guide Mike which worked out great. We rode Test Track 5 times, Pirates 4 or 5 times and Buzz 3 times on our trip. We spent Friday night, 2/8 at MK and it was pretty busy. LOTS of cheerleaders there with the waits for the big rides at 90-120 min. No one was using fastpasses for these which were only an hour wait time so we utilized those.
All in all we had a great time too but VERY tired!!

Ohhh, I forgot to mention that we saw Disneymom14's room and window decor, cute!!! We were in the same building just on the 3rd floor.

I think I saw her window too. I meant to write down her DIS name but thought oh, I'll remember it. I got home and wanted to send her a PM and couldn't remember the name. I knew it had Disneymom or DisneyMama in it. Was her room on the first floor corner of a pink building? I think it was the
80's. We were in the 70's and would walk past it to get to our car. I had both of our rooms decorated and really thought I would see more rooms all done up. We had a great time, sad to be back because the time went by so fast. At least we have another trip in the works for next June. :rolleyes:

Than I saw both your rooms MrsBert!!
Yes they were in the 80's as were we. My lights wouldn't reach the plug outlet so i had no lights-but I did have my sign up on the door. We passed your rooms at least 2-4 times a day to the staircase right there to go up to our room!

It did fly by and I am ready for it again. I have to admit I wasn't crazy over Pop though.

Lori

It did fly by and I am ready for it again. I have to admit I wasn't crazy over Pop though.

Lori

Of course my kids loved POP. The icee machine was a hit with them. We liked it ok because we had two connecting rooms. The three kids in one and one for DH and myself. I don't think I could stay there with four in a room because they were rather small. We aren't big resort people though. We leave first thing in the morning and only come back to shower and sleep so it worked well for us. Our last trip was in the family suites at ASM and I would definitely recommend that over two rooms. It was great.

Hello all, we're back! We had a great time at Pop Century, we were in building 1 room 1142. We were lucky enough to win dream fastpasses for the Animal kingdom and received dream ears!!!!! You may have seen our window with the ears and fastpasses in it. I'll be back with a large trip report later!

Than I saw both your rooms MrsBert!!
Yes they were in the 80's as were we. My lights wouldn't reach the plug outlet so i had no lights-but I did have my sign up on the door. We passed your rooms at least 2-4 times a day to the staircase right there to go up to our room!

Lori

Lori, they put you in the 80s with a preferred room? We were in the 50's building 3 not to far at all. It did fly by and we are ready to! I wasn't happy with POP this time around either. It was wayyyyy to busy. Foodcourt in the mornings was a mad house, we will be trying something else next year

Anyone have pictures to share? You gotta give me more than this since we had to cancel!

I took 600 photos and video and haven't gotten past day 1 yet!! I need to weed it out!! I kept almost everything b/c you never know how it will look when you can see it bigger!
I have already weeded out a few.

I am gonna do a trip report but it will be slow. Too much happening. I mean DH's brother dies and we buried him 2 days before leaving, we get home and have a new puppy(year, we got him already, thought we'd have a day to recup!) His name is Snickers.So we have a Hershey and a Snickers(can you tell there are females in our home!!)

We did NOT ask for a preferred room yet due to the booking being so long ago, I thought we'd get something that we asked for. We asked for back of 60's or 70's and the top floor. If not one then the other-but neither happened. We got the side of the 80's and the third floor. We had adjoining rooms with my brothers family which we did not ask for and did not use. They were afraid if their 3 year old knew it connected they'd never keep her out of our room!!

I agree, we like value b/c we usually only sleep and bathe there, so what is the point of paying more for mods or deluxes?? That is my thinking, and this was a longer trip for us and only affordable for us to do that if we stayed at the values. If we were going to a deluxe, our trip would have been much shorter and the purpose defeated-rushing and only sleeping there-may as well go value. We visited Wilderness Lodge to eat at Whispering Canyon and visited AKL b/c the kids wanted to see that resort. We all agreed as cool as AKL is, we'd try WL first. But until our finances can do it, I cannot justify paying triple to quadruple what we did at a value. We have never payed more than $65 a night(weekends) and most of the time it has been in the $50-55 range on our last 3 trips. Obviously you get what you pay for, BUT we took a boat from EPCOT to the Yacht and Beach club and we waited LONGER for a bus there than at Pop, but with much less people. So in my extremely limited (1 time plus my stay at a mod a few years back) there are more busses going to the values but sooooo many more people. The Yacht and Beach club's wait was just as long, but empty. I guess they boat it too. More ways to get where you want to go. I can justify going to a deluxe over a moderate though-in my mind I am not paying $50 more a night for an extra sink and a few more sq. feet. Give me one sink and queen sized beds, than maybe!! If I am gonna' spend it, I'm gonna go all the way and during value season with a discount!! Plus get queen sized beds and a possible balcony.
I may be sticking my foot in my mouth though!! Watch, I may end up at POFQ(don't like POR) or CBR our next trip!! Nah, I'll look at how soon I can get there and we'll do the ASMovies again!! Who knows. I just wasn't crazy over Pop and had it built up in my mind with the whole "they have thier own busses and it's newer" sway. I never expected it to be better than the AS's, just better bus-wise-ha!! Not! I remember more peaceful stay at both the AS resorts we stayed at. I went and laid on a hammock nightly with a hot tea or hot cocoa at the ASMovies and it was not loud or crazy. Some hustle, but nothing like Pop. No hammocks either or other peaceful spots to chill unless you were by the lake (which was chilly at night). We DID enjoy all the bunny rabbits hopping around Pop though!! The wooded areas were nice. I didn't it, just not the best place we've stayed. We complete loved our trip!! Our mousekeeper came when we were packing to leave to thank us for the mousekeeping envelopes we left every day-that was very nice. She also gave us an extra Mickey towel pet to bring home.

Okay gotta go do pictures!!

Lori

We were at ASMu in May and wanted to stay at Pop again because of the bus situation. I will have to say I wouldn't know about the main building being busy since we only went there twice the whole stay. I asked for the building we were in specifically so that we wouldn't have to go to the main building. We just walked over from our building to the front part where the bus stops were. We had an ice chest that we kept water and Diet Pepsi (yum) and also breakfast snacks for the morning. We only ate at the food court once. Since my DH and I got each other a GPS for our birthdays (both in Jan.), we used that quite a few times to drive to the parks ourselves. I think this saved A BUNCH of time. Especially the evenings.

Not that I think everyone is waiting on it, but I won't be doing a trip report. My attention span is not very long and I can't remember what I did yesterday much less last week. I will give you this tidbit though, my youngest DS was saved by the lifeguard the first day, he walked away from us at Once Upon a Toy and we had management helping us look for him, and he scraped the first layer of skin off the side of the top of his calf waiting in line at Test Track. After that everything went just fine. :thumbsup2

Hey all....
I am looking for the lady I met on the POR bus that was a member here. I have no idea what her screen name was but i think she was from Louisiana and she mentioned she had showed up for the P&PP meet and greet but didnt see anyone.

I was the redheaded lady with the family in matching shirts.
It was nice having met you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter