FAQ - 2010 DDP, DxDP and QSDP Everything you always wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere but I didn't see it anywhere.

We will be a party of 2 adults and 1 infant with QSDP 12/13 - 12/18. Are each adult's credits listed on their individual cards or are all the credits listed on both cards? With the baby, is it allowed that one adult order 2 adult meals so the other adult can sit with the baby? Or will one of us have to stand in line, get our individual meal and then the other go stand in line and order?

Not practical to stand in a counter service line with a stroller and infant but don't know if ordering more than one meal at a time is allowed?

Thanks!!

Credits for the room are pooled and are accessible from any card in that room. One of you would be able to go get food while the other waits with the baby. I did this several times on my last trip.

My aunt is my travel agent. We have a trip all booked for early Jan.- POFQ- quick service meal plan. She got off with Disney and booked us for Free Dining on the regular meal plan- she said she talked with 3 different CM's who said we could use the TS credits for quick service if we wanted. We had wanted to avoid the whold ADR thing and have a bit more choice in time and place while we were there. I have no problem with it but is this true? I read the first page of this thread and said it can happen possibly during FreeDining but don't want to encounter a problem with it. I think we will probably do more QS than TS. Any thoughts?

thanks so much!:confused3

My aunt is my travel agent. We have a trip all booked for early Jan.- POFQ- quick service meal plan. She got off with Disney and booked us for Free Dining on the regular meal plan- she said she talked with 3 different CM's who said we could use the TS credits for quick service if we wanted. We had wanted to avoid the whold ADR thing and have a bit more choice in time and place while we were there. I have no problem with it but is this true? I read the first page of this thread and said it can happen possibly during FreeDining but don't want to encounter a problem with it. I think we will probably do more QS than TS. Any thoughts?

thanks so much!:confused3

Most people have had little trouble getting them switched over at their resort. Whether that means the resort CS will do it, or they had to go to concierge to get them switched on their KTTW I'm not sure?

I appreciate your thougths. I have to say now I am getting somewhat excited about having some more choices just don't want a hastle if I know what to do ahead of time.

thanks again!

Okay, I tried very hard to look at every page, but I'm not certain if I saw everything! My family and I are taking our first ever WDW trip in February, during free dining. However, we have five day non-expiring tickets I had hoped to use, and only purchase two additional park pass days. Do I have to purchase a ticket for every day of our stay to qualify for free dining, or are we okay to just purchase two days? I'm sorry, from the looks of the thread it appears to be based on the number of nights in the hotel, but I just want to be sure! :0 Thanks!

Okay, I tried very hard to look at every page, but I'm not certain if I saw everything! My family and I are taking our first ever WDW trip in February, during free dining. However, we have five day non-expiring tickets I had hoped to use, and only purchase two additional park pass days. Do I have to purchase a ticket for every day of our stay to qualify for free dining, or are we okay to just purchase two days? I'm sorry, from the looks of the thread it appears to be based on the number of nights in the hotel, but I just want to be sure! :0 Thanks!

You must purchase a minimum of 2 day base tickets for free dining. You do not have to purchase length of stay tickets.

I am sure that this has been asked (maybe many times) in this thread but I cannot find it, so I apologize for asking it again!! If we use 2 TS cedits to eat at a signature restaurant, do we get appetizers included?
Thanks so much!!

I am sure that this has been asked (maybe many times) in this thread but I cannot find it, so I apologize for asking it again!! If we use 2 TS cedits to eat at a signature restaurant, do we get appetizers included?
Thanks so much!!

Only on the deluxe dining plan, not the regular plan. Entitlements on the regular plan are the same at signature restaurants as they are anywhere else.

Quick question:
Are the tokens now broken down into children and adult for the counter service?

The orginal post said it was broken out in January.

If so, how do they handle it when your child eats at a place with no children's menu? We never all 4 eat together - typically we let the kids choose 1 place, and we choose our food from another, and find a place to eat and watch a show or parade.

I'm curious: is there an official price list for the 2011 DDP? In the first post it mentions that the regular dining plan is $45.99/night for adults ($47.99 during peak season). However, I called WDW booking to book a trip, and was told that the DDP was actually $52.99/night. Are the prices listed in this thread speculation, or should I call WDW booking back and ask about the price again?

I couldn't find this question answered on the thread . . . during "high" season does the DDP increase by the same amount as the OOP price? It's really hard to tell what the TS will charge during high season for OOP, but with DDP I will know what I am paying in advance. We just never use up our snacks because we're too busy running to rides and getting Fastpass! But if it's cheaper to do DDP because it's high season I would try it again. Thanks!!!

I'm curious: is there an official price list for the 2011 DDP? In the first post it mentions that the regular dining plan is $45.99/night for adults ($47.99 during peak season). However, I called WDW booking to book a trip, and was told that the DDP was actually $52.99/night. Are the prices listed in this thread speculation, or should I call WDW booking back and ask about the price again?

2011 prices are listed at the bottom of the first post. These are the prices that have been widely reported by all Disney sites as well as the DVC member site, which lists individual prices for the dining plan (the official Disney site does not list individual prices). $52.99 for DDP? Not even in peak season.

during "high" season does the DDP increase by the same amount as the OOP price? It's really hard to tell what the TS will charge during high season for OOP, but with DDP I will know what I am paying in advance.

DDP 2011 prices are listed at the bottom of the first post. You do realize that the "seasonal" OOP increase applies only to buffets and fixed price restaurants?

if renting a dvc rental pts from someone can we add the dining plan or not? thanks for a reply.:confused3

if renting a dvc rental pts from someone can we add the dining plan or not? thanks for a reply.:confused3

Yes. However, the member you are renting from has to be the one to add it to the reservation. If you are not a DVC member, you cannot call DVC Member Services. The other problem that has arisen is that a dining plan added to a DVC reservation must be paid in full as soon as it is added to the reservation. Used to be you could pay for it at check-in, but that has changed. So you will have to arrange with the member you are renting from regarding payment for your dining plan, as you will not be able to call Member Services to pay for it. Some suggestions are using online payment like PayPal with the member, providing the member with a gift card number to use as payment, or possibly a three-way conference call including the member and Member Services. Some are even giving the member their credit card number for payment although I personally wouldn't do that unless the member is someone I know really well.

Hi, We booked Free dining in Sept at PORFQ; is it possible to change our reservation to a new hotel but still keep the free dining or do we lose it by switching hotels?

I'm sure that the answer to my question is no but thought I would ask it anyway...

thanks for your time.

Does anyone have the dates for 2011 regular/peak season prices? I cannot find the actual dates in any of the first posts, (only 2010 ones are listed) and I would really like to know if it's going to cost me regular or peak pricing for the first week of April...Thanks :-)

Does anyone know if there is a free dining offer this year and/or when is it?

Free Dining for 2011 was offered last fall and had to be booked by December 20, 2010. This included dates all the way until Aug/Sept 2011. Now they can always offer it again for different or same/similar dates.

Thank You, I am sure they will offer it again sometime this spring for travel in the fall. Any ideas when Disney normally or historical announces discounts? I think last year we booking in Feb or March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter