FAQ - 2010 DDP, DxDP and QSDP Everything you always wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll be on the QS this trip and reviewing the numerous cs location menus there are 16" pizzas. That's more my size after a long day of hiking around the parks. Can I have one of those as an entree?

For one credit, no. For two credits, yes. Plus two drinks and two desserts.

Can I just double check.Im taking my neice and thought it would be easier if she was on DDP - so,can I not just buy this for her?

Everyone registered in the same room must be on the same dining plan. You cannot buy a dining plan for just one or some members of your party without booking separate rooms.

perhaps i am not searching well enough, however, so for 7 nights, 2 adults and 1 child on the DDP, we get 14 TS adult credits and 7 TS child credits. If we go to Jiko and I use 2 TS credits but spouse/child order just an appetizer/desert each OOP that means my child/spouse save 2 TS and 2 adult TS's…so my question is can we then go to Coral Reef for the lunch on the same day and I would use 1 of those unused TS's and my spouse use the other unused TS credit and my child use 1…correct....as i read, the adult credit's are pooled so this should work, however, this leaves our child with a TS....i guess we could grab desert at another place and let our child use it up...

perhaps i am not searching well enough, however, so for 7 nights, 2 adults and 1 child on the DDP, we get 14 TS adult credits and 7 TS child credits. If we go to Jiko and I use 2 TS credits but spouse/child order just an appetizer/desert each OOP that means my child/spouse save 2 TS and 2 adult TS's…so my question is can we then go to Coral Reef for the lunch on the same day and I would use 1 of those unused TS's and my spouse use the other unused TS credit and my child use 1…correct....as i read, the adult credit's are pooled so this should work, however, this leaves our child with a TS....i guess we could grab desert at another place and let our child use it up...

You might do better to let DD use the 2 ts credits at Jiko & pay for her OOP at coral Reef & just pay for DH appy & desert OOP at Jiko

I have heard mixed answers for this but is Fulton's Crab House on the DDP? When I went to make reservations, it said it wasn't, but I have heard that it actually is. Can anyone clarify?

I have heard mixed answers for this but is Fulton's Crab House on the DDP? When I went to make reservations, it said it wasn't, but I have heard that it actually is. Can anyone clarify?

It used to be on the dining plan but not for the last few years. My dh and I love it and wish they would add it back on.

Fulton's is not on DDP.

They accept the premium and platinum package plans, but not DDP.

I guess this will be the right place to ask for a little help then... I was going to get the DDP but now I am not so sure. I wasn't aware until I read this thread that I ahd to get the DDP for each night of my stay. I really only need ot for three days, not four. We arrive on 12/5 and here is what we are doing:

12/5 lunch at T-Rex Cafe and MVMCP (no credits used)
12/6 EPCOT (breakfast at hotel, lunch in one of the countries probably just CS and dinner DTD somewhere maybe)
12/7 DHS lunch at Sci Fi and dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
12/8 MK Kids want Pizza Planet for lunch and then Chef Mickeys for dinner

So the first day we are there, we don't really need any of the DDP. TRex Cafe is not on it and I figure we would just grab a quick snack at the party and enjoy the hot chocolate and cookies. So am I m missing something? Do you think it is still worth it to me to get it? I don't want to lose any of the meals I paid for, but I'm just having trouble getting reservations where we want to so I figure we could just grab something quick (Like a turkey leg for the guys). What are your thoughts on this? thanks!

I take it you are staying 4 nights, leaving on the 9th. If you get the regular dining plan, you'll have 4 TS credits per person. You have 3 TS restaurants already planned. You could accommodate one more 1-credit restaurant and pay with DDP. Any more TS restaurants you'd need to pay yourself (which you're already doing with T-rex). You'd also have 4 CS credits per person, you can use those for the CS you already planned, and to get turkey legs. And 4 snacks per person. I can't tell how many of the meals you haven't chosen restaurants for yet, you intend to be TS. I know you were interested in Fulton's, but they don't take DDP. There are only 4 TS restaurants at DTD that take it. If you go with the dining plan you will probably want to pick one of those.

You've also got two kids under 10 and an infant. The infant won't have credits, so you'll have to decide if you can have him share or if you need to buy a la carte meals for him. The kids will have to order from kids' menus, except at the Chef Mickey's buffet, where they can eat anything; they can also if they want get the all you can eat skillet at Whispering Canyon.

My baby will be eating baby food and drinking his bottles. He probably won't be eating much more than that anyway, so he won't need any credits. My 9 year old will pretty much eat anything and has a great appetite, my 6 year old is pretty picky and will just eat chicken fingers, fries, mac and cheese, jelly sandwich, bread, grilled cheese and any kind of breakfast food. So ordering off the kids menu is fine for him. Although I couldn't see a kid's menu at the WCC when I looked. The skillet you are talking about, is it for the whole family to share or is it for just one person?

I'm trying to find another table service that the kids would enjoy, preferably with characters, but so far I'm not having any luck with the times I would need. I really want to go to the Crystal Palace for breakfast the day we are in MK, but there is still nothing. I also would love the Garden Grille in Epcot for any meal the day we are there, but there is nothing available there either all day. I'm checking online for these, do you think I would have better luck if I called?

The skillet you are talking about, is it for the whole family to share or is it for just one person?

This all you can eat item is served family style to the persons who order it. Not everyone at the table has to order it, but if you don't order it you can't eat from it without being charged for it. WCC does have a kids' menu, and the skillet is available for a child to order. However, if only one child orders it, only that child can eat from it. The more persons order the skillet, the more servings will be brought to the table on one platter, and you ask for more of any item you want more of. You could order the skillet for the whole family, you'd be charged one DDP credit each for that, or pay for two adult and two child skillets.

The phone and online reservation systems use the same system to assign reservations. You don't have a better chance of getting a reservation if you call. You'd just have to keep checking and hope someone cancels (and checking online is much easier and cheaper than calling a lot.)

You will at this point also need to decide if you want your 9 year old eating kids menus all the time. This won't matter at buffets or family style, but anywhere else it will, unless you patronize CS restaurants that have no children's menu.

You have room on the regular dining plan for one more TS restaurant in addition to the ones you have already booked. If you book both CP and Garden Grill you will have to pay OOP for one of them. The breakfast reservation would probably be the best one to pay for, as breakfast is cheaper.

If you look under the Table Service you will see apps, entree and dessert and beverage, quick service is entree and dessert along with beverage.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...altDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2011DeluxeDining.pdf

Thanks for the link:cool1:, but it kind of counter-decks it self. At the begging it states that you get three meals, and two snacks. Then In the break down it says choice of meal,dessert and apptizer kind of confuseing. Well i will hope for the best.

If you have two kids that want the personal pan pizza --you would do better buying them a regular size pizza that comes with 2 drinks and 2 desserts then letting them each have their own pizza.
--
we discovered doing that at the food court- it takes two credits. Just as many as letting them do their own pizza

We are planning a trip in May 2011 and are thinking about the QSDP. I've noticed that some of the countries are not included on the QSDP although they are on the regular dining plan. This might be a dealbreaker for us since we really want to eat at the Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco. If we have just the QS will they accept our credits? Thanks for reading my first post!!

We are planning a trip in May 2011 and are thinking about the QSDP. I've noticed that some of the countries are not included on the QSDP although they are on the regular dining plan. This might be a dealbreaker for us since we really want to eat at the Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco. If we have just the QS will they accept our credits? Thanks for reading my first post!!

See this thread.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2526683

This also applies to the counter service restaurants in the mentioned WS pavilions. Check back for the finalized brochures for 2011 in December.

Did I read another post correctly saying that Les Chef's is only 1 TS? I could have sworn it was two.

Thank you to all the Moderators for such an informative sticky.

We are planning a trip with friends (2 families) who already live in Florida. One family (family #1) is stay at CBR with us and the other (family #2) is coming for one day. We are both doing the deluxe plan. If I read everything correct.

1. We (me and family #1) can not use our credits to pay for family #2's meal?

We planned on swapping kids and other people in our parties.

2. If I have family #1's son with me but not his parents, I can not pay for his TS meal?
Me or DH will be with the other family at times, so I assume we just let the server know that we are 2 seperate families and meal plans.

TIA!

I don't know if this question has been answered before so I hope I am not repeating anything that has been said previously. We are going in December and have taken advantage of the free dining plan offer. Since sales tax is included in the price of the dining plan, are you responsible for sales tax since we are getting the dining plan for free? I know we are responsible for gratuity.

Thank you to all the Moderators for such an informative sticky.

We are planning a trip with friends (2 families) who already live in Florida. One family (family #1) is stay at CBR with us and the other (family #2) is coming for one day. We are both doing the deluxe plan. If I read everything correct.

1. We (me and family #1) can not use our credits to pay for family #2's meal?

We planned on swapping kids and other people in our parties.

2. If I have family #1's son with me but not his parents, I can not pay for his TS meal?
Me or DH will be with the other family at times, so I assume we just let the server know that we are 2 seperate families and meal plans.

TIA!

Family 2 is coming in for one day and they have a dining plan? Or is it that you and Family 1 have a dining plan and Family 2 does not?

Disney's rule is that you cannot use your dining credits to purchase meals for people who are not on your reservation or dining plan. Under that rule neither you nor Family 1 can use your credits to buy the son from Family 2 a meal. As it is DIS policy to not discuss breaking that rule, no further discussion on this can be done.

I don't know if this question has been answered before so I hope I am not repeating anything that has been said previously. We are going in December and have taken advantage of the free dining plan offer. Since sales tax is included in the price of the dining plan, are you responsible for sales tax since we are getting the dining plan for free? I know we are responsible for gratuity.

Tax is included.

Follwing up on the tax question - free dining isn't actually free, in the respect that it's a room plus tickets plus dining package discount that just happens to equal the cost of the dining plan. Your discounted package price includes all applicable taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter