FAQ - 2010 DDP, DxDP and QSDP Everything you always wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been asked and answered already...but does anyone know if Disney has ever considered a plan with 2 TS credits per day (something that would be in-between the basic and deluxe plans)? This is certainly the type of plan I would go for. I don't care to eat a lunch, really - a big breakfast, snack, and dinner would be just fine. However, I would love to sit down for TS at all my breakfast and dinners.

This may have been asked and answered already...but does anyone know if Disney has ever considered a plan with 2 TS credits per day (something that would be in-between the basic and deluxe plans)? This is certainly the type of plan I would go for. I don't care to eat a lunch, really - a big breakfast, snack, and dinner would be just fine. However, I would love to sit down for TS at all my breakfast and dinners.

It appears not. Deluxe is the closest option, especially if you make one of those two meals a 2-credit meal (usually dinner, of course), or use your third meal credit for a lighter lunch.

refills are free. the mornings in the resort aren't the issue because we'll have our refillable mugs and can use our snack credit for a food item. My question was realted to in the park only. So, we want a snack in the park but we only have one credit left. That's fine and all if we don't want a drink with our snack because we'll only have one credit left over at that point. However, I do want a drink with our in park snack which is why i was asking about paying oop for this.

thanks- i am undecided about the refillable mugs for our family yet.
I keep going back and forth. May I ask you-- if you BUY a drink at a CS can you just pay for the soda and they give it to you in that mug

mcd2745 , I believe that the regular dining plan, the one above the QSDP and one step below the Deluxe plan would be what you would want.

You get two TS meals and one snack a day. You can use the TS meals for any meal you wish, including breakfast. Most folks do not want to use it on breakfast as it is not the biggest bang for your buck but if that is what you want you will find several breakfast buffets as well as resort options that should satisfy your requirements.

Slightly Goofy

mcd2745 , I believe that the regular dining plan, the one above the QSDP and one step below the Deluxe plan would be what you would want.

You get two TS meals and one snack a day. You can use the TS meals for any meal you wish, including breakfast. Most folks do not want to use it on breakfast as it is not the biggest bang for your buck but if that is what you want you will find several breakfast buffets as well as resort options that should satisfy your requirements.

Slightly Goofy

Actually, this is not true. The Regular Dining Plan includes 1 TS , 1 QS and 1 Snack per day. Wish it were two table services but alas it is not.

I agree, wish they had a plan that had two table services!!!

LOL, WeRblam, you are absolutely correct. Just been a few years since I did that plan but the real reason for the brain freeze is that while I get up early my brain rests for a few hours longer. I am so sorry. :worship:

I am rooting for a plan where you buy points and it is so many points for CS and so many for TS etc. so that folks could tailor the food plan to fit their needs.

Slightly Goofy

I keep going back and forth. May I ask you-- if you BUY a drink at a CS can you just pay for the soda and they give it to you in that mug

It's been a few years, but I think they you get your own soda from the machine. I don't drink soda, but got lot's of free coffee in my mug. The mug can also be a souvenir, and you can use it at home as well.

serene56, if you decide that you want refillable mugs they are about $16 each. I would advise you to buy one, or more, first and then go to the beverage station to get your drink otherwise you will be paying about $2.50 for a drink and then the mug.

Some folks share a mug if they are not heavy drinkers. If your room is far from the food court you might not want to walk back and forth that much.

You may take your mug to the parks if you wish but unless you are filling them with water from the water fountains that is all you will get. They are not refillable at the parks.

Only you know how much you drink, how many days you wil be there, and then figure if it is worth it for you and yours.

BTW, I like the new mugs better than the old ones as they seem to hold more and the top is less spill proof.

Slightly Goofy

serene56, if you decide that you want refillable mugs they are about $16 each. I would advise you to buy one, or more, first and then go to the beverage station to get your drink otherwise you will be paying about $2.50 for a drink and then the mug.

Some folks share a mug if they are not heavy drinkers. If your room is far from the food court you might not want to walk back and forth that much.

You may take your mug to the parks if you wish but unless you are filling them with water from the water fountains that is all you will get. They are not refillable at the parks.

Only you know how much you drink, how many days you wil be there, and then figure if it is worth it for you and yours.

BTW, I like the new mugs better than the old ones as they seem to hold more and the top is less spill proof.

Slightly Goofy

the quick service plan gets each guest a mug.

Probably not, because of sanitary food handling issues (they wouldn't have any idea how clean -- or not -- your mug is when they handle it).

Besides, that's totally not cost-effective. The resort mugs are about 14 oz., which is smaller than any CS fountain drink. You could always get the drink in the cup and fill your mug from it, if that's what you want to do.

I guess I am named correctly. :rotfl2:

I saw the BUY drink and automatically assumed (yes I know what that means) they were trying to decide whether to buy the refillable mugs or not.

As Emily Latella used to say "excuse me". ;)

Slightly Goofy

We're going next week with the DDP and I've been looking at the kids TS menus. Some of them offer the "complete" kids meals as well as the pick your appetizer-entree-dessert. Are these complete kids meals on the kids DDP? Are any substitutions for sides allowed?

Thanks!

The "complete meals" are most certainly on the DDP.

My experience ordering kids' meals says that you can essentially treat the individual elements of the complete meals the same as if they were on the menu, as an "appetizer", "entree" and "dessert". You can therefore mix-and-match items from the "complete meals" with the ala carte kids' menu.

I'll also note that from my experience, you can essentially pick an entree plus any two items from the "appetizer" or "dessert" portions of the menu. (We'd often sub in the "dessert" fruit cup as an appetizer.)

We are staying at BC Villas, and I have no idea about where I can fill up the refillable mug for coffees, sodas etc. at the BC. Does it make sense to buy the refillable mug, or is the villas building too far away from the BC hotel to make it worthwhile?

Slightly Goofy

I believe that is NOT correct. The regular dining plan includes: 1 table service, 1 quick service, 1 snack per day.

We are staying at BC Villas, and I have no idea about where I can fill up the refillable mug for coffees, sodas etc. at the BC. Does it make sense to buy the refillable mug, or is the villas building too far away from the BC hotel to make it worthwhile?

The only place inside the BC is the gift shop just off of the lobby ( between the lobby and the BCV). You can also refill them at Hurricane Hannahs. That is between the pool and the walkway around the lake, and would be the furthest from the villas.

I thought the mugs were great for coffee in the morning before catching the bus, while lounging at the pool and when coming back
In for the night. Those were the only times we used them.

But as far as taking them into the parks, while they are not refillable there, it really helped us to pour DS's drinks into the mug with the lid. Because there were no lids on the CS cups, it just made for less stress!

We're going next week with the DDP and I've been looking at the kids TS menus. Some of them offer the "complete" kids meals as well as the pick your appetizer-entree-dessert. Are these complete kids meals on the kids DDP? Are any substitutions for sides allowed?

Thanks!

Both the "complete" meals and the build your own were included on the DDP in 2009. The complete meals come with a dessert, too. Substitutions depend on the restauraunt and server, I guess. We never had a problem with, say, getting carrots instead of salad. But I have read of places ( or servers, rather) that won't let you. Kona in particular.

LMCmom25kids, you are entirely correct in that I was wrong in my post. I know better. No excuses other than brain freeze.

How in the world you would have time to do anything else but eat with 2 TS meals I have no idea and do not want to find out. ;)

I am a fan of the QSDP with the two snacks. The secret is to toss the prepackaged desserts at many of the meals and use the snack credits at the bakeries and such. No fuss, no hurry. My kind of thing.

Slightly Goofy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter