Fall 2012 AP Rates- is anyone else waiting?

It looks like you got a 20% discount -- I'm coming in just a few days before you, but I only got 15%! So I'm waiting for the AP rates as well.

ETA -- I didn't read through the end of the thread! I'll have to call and see if I can get an additional % off. Thanks!

Could it be that we are booked Sunday through Tuesday night and you are booked over a weekend? Either way, I hope you are able to get the additional discount! :)

As soon as I get away from my desk to make a phone call, we are going to try for the AP discount for even more savings to our stay at Pop. Playing around online, it looks like it will likely be another small percentage off.

Could it be that we are booked Sunday through Tuesday night and you are booked over a weekend? Either way, I hope you are able to get the additional discount! :)

As soon as I get away from my desk to make a phone call, we are going to try for the AP discount for even more savings to our stay at Pop. Playing around online, it looks like it will likely be another small percentage off.

Nope, Monday-Thursday. But I called today and got another % off for the AP rate. I asked about the All-Stars- they were 25% off, which would have meant another $30, and that wasn't enough for me to switch. I mentioned to the agent that DS and I were trying to do this as cheap as possible, and she said that we were scheduled for Standard/PoolView, which I had not asked for -- just standard --and she switched that and saved another $15. So with tax, I'm paying $90/night ($80/night before tax). That's acceptable.

That's good that you were able to get a little better rate, erincon23.

We applied the AP rate to our 3 nights at Pop and were able to get it down to $253.13, which is an $84.38 discount from where it was when we first booked a week ago. I have a feeling that this is as good as it's going to get for us, which is fine. But I will keep watching, just in case!

Our standard room at POFQ with the general fall discount is $1,099. With the AP discount it would be $1,100 - a dollar MORE. Hey Disney, you should be saving your passholders a little money, not charging them more for being loyal, repeat visitors.

I just called and got the ap rate applied to my trip next month at POR royal rooms and saved $243 on my 4 night stay :cool1: My dd and I are hitting AoA LM for 2 nights and there were no discounts there which I figured.. Just happy for what I got!

Checked online and saw no AP availability for YC but there was for BC, so I called to switch my BB to AP and expected to only be able to get BC so I was surprised that I was able to get YC w/ the AP. Anyway, between the slightly higher % off on the room and being able to drop the 1 day park tickets we had to get to secure our dinning I had a net savings of over $1000 - which I promptly spent for a few days @ the GF (w/ AP discount, of course.)

I called this AM to apply my AP rate to our All Star Sports stay. Had to switch to Music as CM said discount wasnt available at Sports. Anyone else run into this. Not a big deal, but prefer Sports.

We had port orleans royal room booked. It is our 23 anniversary and I really wanted that room for our stay. They said there was nothing available to discount at all. I had my room but they could not apply. I had to switch to pop. I am broken hearted. At least we still get to go, but not the resort I wanted for our anniversary.

jimmytammy said:
I called this AM to apply my AP rate to our All Star Sports stay. Had to switch to Music as CM said discount wasnt available at Sports. Anyone else run into this. Not a big deal, but prefer Sports.

I checked all values this morning online and all but all star movies was included...oh and AoA LM rooms weren't included.

It was probably just that your dates were sold out. When are you going?

Got my AP discount for 25-28ths for two rooms at AKL. Saved a bundle, 35% off both, which bested the previous discount I called about yesterday. Passholders, do your happy dance! :dance3:

Put me in the line up with other AP holders who are less than thrilled with this recent round of "discounts". I have two rooms booked Sun-Sat in mid-Oct at the AKL CL. The AP discount is not applicable to these rooms.:confused3 though the GP discount did get me a ever so slight savings yesterday. When I called today, I asked the CM to check CL rooms at several resorts--no luck! Somebody remind me again WHY I bother with an AP??

kathie859 said:
Put me in the line up with other AP holders who are less than thrilled with this recent round of "discounts". I have two rooms booked Sun-Sat in mid-Oct at the AKL CL. The AP discount is not applicable to these rooms.:confused3 though the GP discount did get me a ever so slight savings yesterday. When I called today, I asked the CM to check CL rooms at several resorts--no luck! Somebody remind me again WHY I bother with an AP??

Is the GP discount still available? It may be that occupancy is now high enough on those rooms that neither discount can be applied.

Is the GP discount still available? It may be that occupancy is now high enough on those rooms that neither discount can be applied.

I don't know if the GP discount is still available. The CM left my reservation with it on--but we didn't discuss whether is was still available. I'm just a little miffed, frankly, that CL rooms seem to be not eligible for an AP discount.

jimmytammy said:
We will be there Dec 1-3, then switching over to OKW

Just checked your dates online. Only preferred room available on the 1st and 2nd at Sports. Looked like 125 and 88 as the rates.

I don't know if the GP discount is still available. The CM left my reservation with it on--but we didn't discuss whether is was still available. I'm just a little miffed, frankly, that CL rooms seem to be not eligible for an AP discount.

I've seen a few CL rooms offered with the AP discount.

We are staying 11/1 - 11/4 and Beach Club CL is currently showing up with AP discount for those dates. Any other stay. I'd grab it... but we don't need CL for Food & Wine!!

Like everyone else I have been waiting months for these passholder discounts. I called at 7 AM this morning to be told that POR was eligible for the discount on my dates (Nov. 11-17) but there was nothing available. I'm so confused. DH and I have been passholders since 1997. We did let them expire in 2010 but just recently purchased them again. In all of the years since 1997 (excluding 2011 and most of 2012) we have always stayed on property and always had a decent to very nice passholder rate. That is without calling on the day the discount was released. I guess I just don't understand how all discounts were gone. Can someone shed a light on this for me? Were there only 2 rooms released for my dates at the discount rate, lol?? Are people who are booking free dining with rack rate rooms filling up my resort? Did Disney put the passholder rates on the website prior to 7AM this morning? :confused3 I was told to keep trying in case Disney adds more rooms to this discount. Is that likely? Anyone have any explanations and or advice for me? Trying to be optimistic... I am still going to Disney for a week! :) Just really could use a decent discount...

I have been getting more and more disgusted with the AP rates. My resort of choice is POFQ and a 5% discount is an insult. So....I now have a few nights at POFQ with the AAA discount and the majority of the trip over at the dark side---AKA Hard Rock. Universal sent me a 40% off pin code and they got my business. Looking forward to our Orlando trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter