Fall 2012 AP Rates- is anyone else waiting?

JessiMommy said:
Yippee, Wahoo! :banana: :dance3:

I think i just got the annual pass rate I thought I missed! I called Tuesday when the rates were released right at 7 AM to be told there were none available. I was so upset! It was suggested here that I keep trying and try adding extra days that could then be removed. I've been trying different date combinations online for the past two days and just now I found my discount!!!!

Now... someone please tell me I can call tomorrow and remove 7 nights from this reservation I just made and keep the passholder rate for the 7 nights I will be there? I'm not going to lose the 30% discount am I? I did not cancel my existing non discounted room yet either for fear I've messed something up.

I am tentatively excited until someone here tells me I screwed up or Disney does tomorrow. Crossing fingers and toes!!! :worried:

I have not done this before, but based on what I have read other people do, it should be possible. Just to clarify, does the new AP rate room you booked include the seven days you want to go, with an extra seven days? If so, then technically you should be able to drop the extra seven days leaving the seven days you want to go with the discount. If the other days are not included, I would call first to add those days to your reservation and hopefully the discount will also be applied to those days. But make sure you ask the CM if the discount was applied. Then call back the next day to drop the days you don't want.

I have not done this before, but based on what I have read other people do, it should be possible. Just to clarify, does the new AP rate room you booked include the seven days you want to go, with an extra seven days? If so, then technically you should be able to drop the extra seven days leaving the seven days you want to go with the discount. If the other days are not included, I would call first to add those days to your reservation and hopefully the discount will also be applied to those days. But make sure you ask the CM if the discount was applied. Then call back the next day to drop the days you don't want.

Yes, the new reservation includes the 7 days I want. I'm on hold right to see if I get to keep my rate! So nervous.... :worried:

Yes, the new reservation includes the 7 days I want. I'm on hold right to see if I get to keep my rate! So nervous.... :worried:

I would be nervous too! But you have no choice but to cancel the days you don't want. Better off dropping the days sooner than later. There is no point in keeping your hopes up if it doesn't work. The only way it wouldn't work is if the CM cancels the reservation and creates a new one for you. Don't let them do that. If you have time to wait a few days before you call, I would wait. If the CM you speak with gives you a hard time, just tell them that your original plans will not work and that you need to drop off several days. If they suggest cancelling your reservation and creating a new one, explain to them that you do not want that because you are concerned you will lose the discount. It is very easy for them to just modify your reservation and drop days.

Good luck!

So thankful for this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have known the AP rates were *FINALLY* released! Called and the only room they had available for at Beach Club October 25-28 was a club level, but we were still saving $140 from our original reservation - so club level it is! We're excited, it'll be my DH and my first time at the resort and we'll be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary.

No, nope, nada.... Not when they clearly advertise resort discounts as part of their AP renewal - it's right on the dang card they sent via snail mail.

Quit advertising this as part of a reason to renew or purchase an AP then sure drop the so called "perk". But advertise it as a reason to buy / renew that is not a "perk" that is part of what you are paying for!

They use very specific wording regarding room discounts if you read the passholder benefits, that room discounts MAY be offered. The word MAY really gets them off the hook - because they don't have to offer anything at all. They have left themselves a very large loophole on that one.

Not only that, but all passholder benefits have an expiration date. The current benefits are only available through the end of December, 2012. In January, they could get rid of some, or all, of the benefits listed, or change them so they are more to Disney's advantage. I remember they used to offer a lot more dining discounts for AP holders. But then I also remember when World of Disney was the only place you could get a merchandise discount instead of all Disney owned merchandise locations. Some changes help, some hurt.

So the only thing you get for sure for the life of your pass, is the discounted park admission. Yes, they can talk up the perks to try to entice you to buy - but it's up to the customer to read the fine print and know exactly what they are getting. Some years I haven't booked a single stay using an AP discount, because I could get a better deal with a GP, resident, bounceback or AAA promotion. I never felt like my AP was a waste of money as a result.

Of course, that doesn't keep me from hoping that there will be a decent AP discount for January . . . . .;)

We've got our AP rate for November 9-12 at All Star Movies. We booked the day they came out, but I'm popping in now for a quick question. I am renewing my DVC-discount AP at the end of September, but they don't send out vouchers anymore and are not available at the resorts. Will my expired AP and the renewal confirmation number be enough? Or will I need to go to a park guest services desk before checking in?

I don't know if it is different because of the DVC discount and going through them, but I just ordered our passes a couple of weeks ago and I received a voucher for both of them.

princessbride6205 said:
We've got our AP rate for November 9-12 at All Star Movies. We booked the day they came out, but I'm popping in now for a quick question. I am renewing my DVC-discount AP at the end of September, but they don't send out vouchers anymore and are not available at the resorts. Will my expired AP and the renewal confirmation number be enough? Or will I need to go to a park guest services desk before checking in?

Apparently you have to ask for the voucher but the default now is to not send it. We're new AP holders but I don't have the voucher either. (and can't get it sent now without cancelling and repurchasing at the higher price -Not!) anyway, everything I've read says that you have like 24 hours to produce it, assuming they remember to ask for it at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter