Fall 2012 AP Rates- is anyone else waiting?

Smiling Cheshire Cat

DIS Veteran
Impatiently waiting on Fall AP rates.:hourglass

Does anyone think we will see them before the end of June?

Here's hoping they are much better than the current summer AP discount.:wizard:

I am too. We want to do go back the end of September sometime. I want to take the kids to MNSSHP for the first time. I really would love to say at AOA but it is just so much more expensive for us. So I'm thinking we'll probably to POR as it is cheaper when I price it out. We've never stayed there either so it will be still be good.

We've only ever stayed at Pop so we're looking to expand to some other resorts but we're also always budget conscious as well.

When I was there last Nov/Dec I booked bounceback trips for Sept 1st-8th and Oct 27th-Nov 3rd, but am hoping AP discounts beat my current deals. I also want to extend the Oct/Nov trip by another day (the bounceback didn't include the 4th).

Same boat.

We'd love to do a Poly/BC split stay in mid-December.

But the AP discounts have to be a lot better than the late summer offer to entice me.

I expect the fall AP rates to come out in about two weeks, based on historical data. I also expect they will be the more common 20-30-40 we usually see when the summer crowds die down.
I have a res booked with the current gp room only offer at 30% (AKL) but I am still hoping for that extra 10% if I can re-book it at 40%.

I also ended up booking AKL with the current GP discount. Dh really wanted
WL but that was only 5% off, and I am NOT paying that much! I don't expect
the upcoming AP rates to be much better....sounds like WL is pretty well booked.
AKL was on my bucket list anyway, and dh is okay with that. :)

Based on the last 2 years, the next AP discount is usually released the last week of June and will probably cover from 8/14 to 10/06. I have a longer wait, looking for end of October or beginning of December. Probably the 1st week of August for that AP discount:sad1:

Yep, waiting impatiently. My trip is 9/15-9/21 and I want a better deal than the GP I already booked for BC.

I figured after looking at the historical discounts that we had about two weeks to wait yet.

I expect the fall AP rates to come out in about two weeks, based on historical data. I also expect they will be the more common 20-30-40 we usually see when the summer crowds die down.
I have a res booked with the current gp room only offer at 30% (AKL) but I am still hoping for that extra 10% if I can re-book it at 40%.

I hope you are right and that these same rates apply to non-holiday periods in November and December.

Me too! We booked AKL with a BB offer from Jan 35% but hope for a 40% AP to apply for late August trip. Dare I hope for a 42% :rotfl:

Me too! We booked AKL with a BB offer from Jan 35% but hope for a 40% AP to apply for late August trip. Dare I hope for a 42% :rotfl:

I too am hoping the AP rate beats the BB rates I currently have for my Sept and Oct/Nov trips. However, I'm not counting on it. I also had the same bounceback booked for my May trip and was surprised when the AP discounts came out fo that time period. They were exactly the same as the bounceback I already had.:mad: I was also there last Feb, Nov/Dec, and last Sept. The AP discounts for the last year have not been near as good as in previous years.

The more I look at this year's discounts versus last year's, the more I'm convinced the general public and room discounts for the rest of the year aren't going to be that great:sad1:

Before the end of the month (perhaps within the next week), I think we'll see general public room discounts announced for the rest of the year (9/30-12/20ish) and AP discounts for 8/15-10/15ish.

I believe the general public offer will be very similar to the late summer one (max discount of 30% and only at a few deluxe resorts - most deluxes and moderates will have 20-25%, some only 5-10% and some not at all).

The AP discounts will be somewhat better that what we've seen but, as with the rest of the year so far, not all that much better than the general public discount (30-35% will be the max, and only at a few deluxe resorts - most resorts will be discounted somewhere between 5 and 25%, including the majority of deluxe resorts).

I believe Disney banks on being done with 40% AP or general public discounts for the foreseeable future. They must be seeing more recovery in the economy than others are.

I'm hoping for mid-October... the bounceback was free dining (um, no thanks), and the PINS I keep getting are not for my dates. Right now I have 10% with AAA, but am holding out hope!

:goodvibes

Usually I'd be eagerly awaiting the AP rates... but after this last round of them, no, am not waiting for them for our Nov/Dec trip. Have booked AAA rate and hoping for a decent bounceback when we go in couple weeks to switch to for a better deal. A nice AP rate would be nice, but nope, totally not expecting it.
I think again when AP rates come out that a bunch of resorts will again be excluded (well, 5% I consider pointless and excluded!)

Hope so! I'm waiting for Aug 31 for 3 nights over Labor Day @ POP Century. Right now I am booked with a AAA discount.

The last 2 years the AP rates were out the last Thursday of June which would be this Thursday! Crossing my fingers!

Right now, the FL resident discount is about 35% so I'm hoping for about that much off!

I really want/need discount rate for 10/05-10/12 I'm realllllllllllly hoping it comes out soon. Also hoping for GP discount for family/friends to use for that time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter