Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just switched my reservation over to CBR today to get FD! I hadn't really researched this resort too much since we were originally planning on staying at POR so I could use some suggestions. We will have 2 kids with us who will be in a stroller- are there elevators in every building? If not I'd probably need to request a ground floor. Also- what would be the best area or building to request to minimize walking and the need for internal buses. I'd rather not have to haul the 2 kids all over the resort to get food or get to a bus for the parks. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

As @ConnecticutNonna stated, no elevators in any buildings as they are only 2 floors.

Every Village has its own bus stop and leisure pool so you will never be far from one no matter where you are. Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations and only 3-4 minutes stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool. There really isn't a bad location at CBR.

Booked CBR waterview to get free dining. YAY! But now wondering if I shouldn't have just went with standard view (preferred was sold out). Most important to me is being close to the food court and a bus stop. Will the extra money I paid for waterview get me either of those things or would I have an equal chance booking standard and requesting those things on my ressie? Thanks!

Water View and King Rooms are great to book in order to possibly be right next to a Preferred Room. There are Water View Rooms in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26.

Water View and King Rooms are great to book in order to possibly be right next to a Preferred Room. There are Water View Rooms in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26.

Thank you! Have 2 rooms booked and didn't want to risk getting one switched and not the other...feel much better about my decision now lol.

CBR first-timers. Also switched today for FD. I am pretty sure we booked a room with the pull down twin, but now am not completely sure. Should I just call to ask? I don't see where in MDE it will show me.

Also, how many hot tubs does CBR have and where are they located?

Thank you!

CBR first-timers. Also switched today for FD. I am pretty sure we booked a room with the pull down twin, but now am not completely sure. Should I just call to ask? I don't see where in MDE it will show me.

The only way to book a room with a Murphy Bed is if you are a party of 5. So if you're not a party of 5 you can request a room with a Murphy Bed, but you didn't book one.

Also, how many hot tubs does CBR have and where are they located?

2 of them and they are both at the Main Feature Pool. Since you're CBR 1st timers I suggest checking out pages #1 and #2 of this thread as just about every question you may have can be answered there.

I booked CBR for free dining today as well. I'm not sure my 2 1/2 year old (at the time of travel) son will be able to sleep on the murphy bed without falling off. Any idea if the mattress can be detached and put on the floor? If not, we'll just request a pack n play.

Thanks!

I booked CBR for free dining today as well. I'm not sure my 2 1/2 year old (at the time of travel) son will be able to sleep on the murphy bed without falling off. Any idea if the mattress can be detached and put on the floor? If not, we'll just request a pack n play.

Thanks!

Why not request some bed rails for the Murphy Bed?

Thanks!
Why not request some bed rails for the Murphy Bed?
To piggyback on dadsdad thoughts...they have bedrails for just such a situation.

There are King rooms in every building except the Pirate Themed Rooms in Trinidad South. If I were you I would request anything in Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26. Any of those will put you as close to the Food Court and Main Feature Pool as possible.
Thanks @dansdad.
Believe it or not, in all the years we've been going to Disney, we've never had a king room. I was afraid they were scarce, so I was worried I'd be "stuck" out in Trinidad south. But as I've come to realize, there's no such thing as "stuck" at WDW. I just had a moments panic. It really doesn't matter where we end up, CBR is my favorite so there's no "bad" place to stay.
And being farther from OPR can only be good for my health, right?:thumbsup2

Ask for a ground floor (no elevators) and request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. They are both near the bridge to OPR (Old Port Royale) where food and pool are.
Or, you could request a preferred room in Martinique or Trinidad north. They are right next to OPR.
You will love it, and your children will really like the pool so much better!

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I'll have my TA add those requests.

As @ConnecticutNonna stated, no elevators in any buildings as they are only 2 floors.

Every Village has its own bus stop and leisure pool so you will never be far from one no matter where you are. Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations and only 3-4 minutes stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool. There really isn't a bad location at CBR.

Thank you!!

Just thought has anyone actually measured the distances from each village to OPR by pedometer or something similar?

We are, exact days!!
You're kidding? Yay! :flower1:

This trip will me myself, my husband, my 13 year old son, and my father. We are so so so excited! Our past few trips we have stayed at Pop, CSR, POFQ, and then back to CSR. While we do love CSR, we wanted to try CBR again since it was just renovated. We hope to see you around ! :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter