Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Corner rooms are nice as they have a 2nd window that brings in more light and makes the room feel bigger. Do you have a preference on 1st or 2nd floor? There are no elevators. Other than that, I can't think of anything as the Preferred Rooms are very close to OPR and the Main Feature Pool.
I don't know that it really matters about the floors? As long as we don't hear people walking above us! We will have a Murphy bed because there is 5 of us! Corner sounds great!

Does CBR have the bus time monitors yet? In November it sounded like it was going to be soon but just wondering if they are in place or will be by October?

i am going to request the second floor. We don't like when people walk on top of us. LOL! Does anyone know how the room numbers fall for upper or lower rooms? We have a late arrival and I am sure they will text me the room number ahead of time. I would just like to call if our room is not located on the second floor. Many thanks.

Every building has 64 rooms. 32 up and 32 down. The room numbers are 4 digits, the first 2 being the building number, and second 2 being the room number. 01 to 32 are first floor, 33 to 64 are second floor. Room number 5232 is building 52, room 32 - first floor.

Every building has 64 rooms. 32 up and 32 down. The room numbers are 4 digits, the first 2 being the building number, and second 2 being the room number. 01 to 32 are first floor, 33 to 64 are second floor. Room number 5232 is building 52, room 32 - first floor.
Thanks so much. I figured there was a method with the room numbers. :)

Does anyone know if there are any corner Kings in the Trinidad North or Martinique buildings?

We just returned yesterday from our first stay at this resort. It is beautiful and it is huge! Overall we enjoyed our stay but the first day was less than magical. We got our exact room request, a water view room in Martinique 25 (room 2550-no murphy bed). It was the most perfect location and such a beautiful view........

However, we were overcome with a very strong smoke/mildew odor when first entering. We should have immediately requested a change right then but we were exhausted from our travel day and we loved the room and hoped the smell would dissipate. Well, it didn't. I went to the desk at the food court after an hour in the room. They offered to send housekeeping with air freshener. The head of housekeeping did come and told us they could assure us it was not smoke, it was mildew. (as if that's any better??) I wanted a room change!

I walked to the front desk which feels like miles when you've been up since 3am! (that is one complaint of this resort-the main desk is quite far from everything) They switched us to Jamaica 45 (4558-murphy bed-not nearly as nice a view). It was much better smelling and a decent location. However, it wasn't ready right away-Bell Services had to pick up our already delivered Magical Express bags and store them. It took me 45 minutes to get bell services to answer the phone to re-deliver our luggage and quite a long while after that to actually get our luggage in our new room. I was not impressed with the bell services at this resort ( I think they are understaffed for the size of the place) and if you need anything it's better to go to the actual front desk at the Custom House and not the desk at the food court even though it's so far.

4.5 hours later we were finally settled. Went out to explore and found the Jamaica pool under massive renovation! They are putting up HIGE concrete walls, fencing and gates around all quiet pools and making them more shallow. Jamaica will not reopen until end of May. I was not happy we were not told about this and the construction was quite loud. Trinidad North pool was also closed but looked to be almost done. Aruba pool is done and gated now with the high concrete walls (I'd say a foot higher than previous walls at least). Trinidad South, Martinique, and Barbados all still need to be done and it's quite a long closure so be sure to ask at check-in if quiet pools are important to you.

Once we got over our initial disappointment we did enjoy the resort. The food court was great! We loved all the outside tables to sit at and the chefs were attentive to allergies, friendly and helpful. The island was fun with playground and hammocks. My child loved the main pool and slide. I found it completely packed, wall to wall people and the activities were just too loud. We found the more secluded hot tub behind the pool which was lovely. I think we would have used the Jamaica pool had it been open! Oh also....the only playground is on the island-the others on the beaches in some of the pictures of this resort have been removed.

They played movies nightly outside and even handed out free popcorn. I thought it was nice they set up chairs as well for the movies. We participated in the Tie Dye Mickey shirts. $15 and very fun, complete with gloves and aprons and lots of friendly cast member assistance!

We could watch the higher fireworks from Epcot from Martinique beach. The boardwalk in front of the main pool on the way to Trinidad North was a perfect view of the Star Wars fireworks just over the Jamaica rooftops! We loved seeing the fireworks from the resort!

We liked the Jamaica location for the buses. Some mornings we had 2 more stops before heading out to the parks and others we went all the way around the resort. Our only horrible bus issue was waiting 45minutes for a bus to show up at Hollywood Studios Park closing. The buses are also quite crowded during the day and of course park closing because the resort is just so massive! It seemed that we had to stand more times than not. The resort is quite close to Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. However, the drive time to Magic Kingdom, not including stopping at every stop-was 20minutes. So it took 30-40min to get to magic Kingdom.

The gift shop did not have a huge selection of pharmacy items. Pack whatever you might need. I ended up running out of clorox wipes since I used them to wipe down the first room and then we had to move. The gift shop did not sell them and the medicines seemed to be very limited. just go prepared and it's not a big deal!

Overall we really did enjoy our stay. It took awhile for the resort to grow on me but would I stay there again? Most likely if the price was right but we really love Port Orleans and would like to try Coronado as well. My child LOVED Caribbean Beach though! We did walk around the entire resort and found it to be beautiful! There was a large group of cheerleaders practicing outside Martinique 22 just one morning that we noticed. Otherwise, it was a peaceful place. Oh and the beds were the MOST comfy Disney beds we have ever slept on! We loved the beds!

One more thing I forgot to mention! The resort delivered a little cake with birthday balloons! We were celebrating a milestone birthday during the trip and we thought this was so thoughtful and such a nice and unexpected surprise!

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all the help leading up to the trip. And YES it is TRUE that water view rooms are located in Martinique preferred buildings as I see this question come up often! We really did have the most amazing water view and location in bldg 25 but no way could we stay in that room! I really wish Disney would figure out the mildew odor issues as I did read lots of Trip Advisor reports about the same thing once we got home. It sure would have saved us a lot of time and frustration to not be placed in that room and I am certain housekeeping must have noticed the odor-it was VERY STRONG! Lesson learned......ask to be moved immediately next time!

Last edited:
Aruba pool was scheduled to be renovated until April 15th I read online. Maybe that is the other pool?

I just returned. Aruba is done. Jamaica is closed and will be until end of May. Trinidad North was also closed but looked to be almost done. The other 3 pools still need to be completed. They are making the concrete walls at least a foot higher, installing additional fencing, gates to lock and making them pools shallow. This was not told to us at check in. The construction at the Jamaica pool is loud. I much prefer the look of the quiet pools before this renovation. Aruba felt like a lot of concrete-not too pretty in my opinion. And yes the main pool was packed and wall to wall people with long slide lines.....not sure if that's always the case, if it was time or day or if it's because 2 out of 6 pools are closed.

Are they still operating two bus routes at CBR? I think I recall that they started to have one bus pick up one side of the resort and another bus do the other side of the resort sometime last fall. Someone was asking about the bus situation and I wanted to be sure to give correct information. Thanks!

Are they still operating two bus routes at CBR? I think I recall that they started to have one bus pick up one side of the resort and another bus do the other side of the resort sometime last fall. Someone was asking about the bus situation and I wanted to be sure to give correct information. Thanks!

We could not figure out the busing. Some mornings we'd get picked up at Jamaica and then stop at Aruba and Barbados and head to the park. Other mornings we'd hit all 7 stops for Magic Kingdom. It was always around 8am so who knows!

I just returned. Aruba is done. Jamaica is closed and will be until end of May. Trinidad North was also closed but looked to be almost done. The other 3 pools still need to be completed. They are making the concrete walls at least a foot higher, installing additional fencing, gates to lock and making them pools shallow. This was not told to us at check in. The construction at the Jamaica pool is loud. I much prefer the look of the quiet pools before this renovation. Aruba felt like a lot of concrete-not too pretty in my opinion. And yes the main pool was packed and wall to wall people with long slide lines.....not sure if that's always the case, if it was time or day or if it's because 2 out of 6 pools are closed.

You would think they would work on pools in the colder weather - not warm swimming weather! I wonder if the other 3 will be worked on next? Hope they aren't closed when we go in June. But if Trinidad north is about to be finished maybe I will request there (we booked preferred). Worried Martinique will be closed for refurb when we are there. Stinks they didn't tell you at check in. And they didn't list it on any of the refurb pages.

Just read this on mouse for less site:

• Jamaica Village Pool will be closed for refurbishment through Summer 2016.

I was just on Touring Plans and it looks like Jamaica was closed starting the day we checked-in and no it was not listed on any refurb sites nor were we notified prior to the trip. Makes no sense why they are doing this now! Lots of unhappy campers on the buses about the pools being down-some were told at check in and asked to move but told no where to move them to.

I was just on Touring Plans and it looks like Jamaica was closed starting the day we checked-in and no it was not listed on any refurb sites nor were we notified prior to the trip. Makes no sense why they are doing this now! Lots of unhappy campers on the buses about the pools being down-some were told at check in and asked to move but told no where to move them to.

No it makes no sense why there are doing it now! Do it January!! So sorry you had to deal with that.

Not sure how all those places wouldn't have the information since it's been on the actual WDW CBR page for a couple of weeks now.

cbr%20pools.png

sorry but this announcement on the WDW site was added DURING my trip AFTER the pool had already closed down and the resort was receiving complaints. Everyone staying should have received an e-mail or letter notifying of construction. I was told when my room was changed due to the mold issue that I would have my own quiet pool and laundry in Jamaica. Trinidad North was closed as well the entire week we were there.

Just want people to be aware because the next 3 quiet pools are likely next. Looks like TN almost done but who knows what pool is next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter