Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I booked yesterday morning for FD Nov. 26 - Dec. 3 standard room and this is our 1st time at CBR. Our first trip we stayed at POP but this time it is 5 of us so we decided to try CBR instead of getting 2 rooms.

I'm new to the boards! I booked today as well for our first time at CBR! We are a family of 5 with a Murphy bed in a preferred room. Our dates are December 10-17!! I'm wondering if we will be swimming or not?? Any tips are greatly appreciated!
We were there last December and we were in the pool every day, it was so hot!
But you never know with the weather in Florida for December... Plan for anything!

If so, I've never seen it posted. I've timed the walk from every village.
Someone has posted it, somewhere, I just don't remember where! (Old timers ya know!) Anyway, when I do find it I will post it to the board. I seen to think one of the marathoners posted it once...

i am going to request the second floor. We don't like when people walk on top of us. LOL! Does anyone know how the room numbers fall for upper or lower rooms? We have a late arrival and I am sure they will text me the room number ahead of time. I would just like to call if our room is not located on the second floor. Many thanks.

We are arriving early evening and staying one night at CBR before continuing the remainder of our stay at YC. What is the quickest way to check out of CBR so that we can get to YC in the morning to check in?

I have been trying to keep up with the board and have posted before as we were planning a trip to CBR 12/16 - 12/23. Since free dining came out, we snagged it and confirmed our stay at CBR. :cloud9:

We were originally planning to get a Standard room and I was going to request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 (I think those were the building #'s, I don't have my notes with me). But we had to get a Water/Pool view to get free dining. And now, I have no idea where to request a room...

From what I think I have read, there are Water/Pool view rooms at ALL buildings, even in the Preferred buildings is that correct? Or are all rooms in a Preferred Building (Trinidad North and that part of Martinique) only preferred rooms whether the view be water, pool, parking lot, etc.?

And now for a really dumb question, I would rather have a view of the Lake over a view of the Pool. Since both are "water" does water in this sense mean Lake (of course Pool would still mean Pool) or if I request simply Water could it be either? I know stupid, but sometimes with Disney you have to use the right words...

What are the best Water (Lake) view rooms? Still Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51?

Just thought has anyone actually measured the distances from each village to OPR by pedometer or something similar?
This is based on mapmywalk.com, which is generally pretty accurate but not exact. I did three measurements for each village - room closest to the main pool, middle of resort to main pool, and furthest room from main pool (everything in miles).

Trinidad South - 0.27/0.38/0.51
Trinidad North - 0.08/0.13/0.25
Martinique - 0.10/0.20/0.37
Barbados - 0.27/0.30/0.43
Aruba - 0.14/0.27/.046
Jamaica - 0.14/0.21/0.30

dansdad...have you posted the walking time from each village? I'd be interested. MY DH kidded that I call Disney and let them know my child can't walk too far (because that sounds better than my DH is lazy.) ;)

We were in Aruba 55 last year and LOVED the view! We had a beach right outside our door. You don't get that in building 51.

Thank you! I'll add it to my list or options.

BTW, I am very much looking forward to your 2016 trip report. I have read the last 2 but usually months after they are finished so I have never commented. I will try to keep up and participate more this time. :)

We are going to be at the resort during christmas week...I know it's going to be crazy busy but has anyone any experience from taking buses to the parks?

Depending on which island we are allocated for our stay, is there a possibility that the buses will always be full by the time they get to us?

We will be there from Dec. 17-25. Its' our first time going at Christmas. We are surprising the kids and I can't wait! I was wondering the same thing. Last year we stayed at POR over fall break(October) and the busing was a nightmare! We waited over an hour several times, watching buses pass because they were full. It was quite frustrating with dining reservations.

Thank you! I'll add it to my list or options.

I was going to say you can see photos from building 55 if you read my Trip Report, but...

BTW, I am very much looking forward to your 2016 trip report. I have read the last 2 but usually months after they are finished so I have never commented. I will try to keep up and participate more this time. :)

Thank you so much! We'll be back at Coronado this year, but are once again going in June. FPs and ADRs are all set, for the most part, so now we're just waiting to see what happens with the Frozen attractions and Jungle Book show at AK, and counting down the days (48 as of today)!

Oh, and I already started thinking about how to kick off the Trip Report ;)

This is based on mapmywalk.com, which is generally pretty accurate but not exact. I did three measurements for each village - room closest to the main pool, middle of resort to main pool, and furthest room from main pool (everything in miles).

Trinidad South - 0.27/0.38/0.51
Trinidad North - 0.08/0.13/0.25
Martinique - 0.10/0.20/0.37
Barbados - 0.27/0.30/0.43
Aruba - 0.14/0.27/.046
Jamaica - 0.14/0.21/0.30
Nice! Thank you!

I have been trying to keep up with the board and have posted before as we were planning a trip to CBR 12/16 - 12/23. Since free dining came out, we snagged it and confirmed our stay at CBR. :cloud9:

We were originally planning to get a Standard room and I was going to request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 (I think those were the building #'s, I don't have my notes with me). But we had to get a Water/Pool view to get free dining. And now, I have no idea where to request a room...

From what I think I have read, there are Water/Pool view rooms at ALL buildings, even in the Preferred buildings is that correct? Or are all rooms in a Preferred Building (Trinidad North and that part of Martinique) only preferred rooms whether the view be water, pool, parking lot, etc.?

There is no such thing as a Preferred Building, only rooms are classified as Preferred. But yes, there are Water View rooms in every building. So you could request a room in any of the buildings in Trinidad North or Martinique 24, 25 and 26. If you get one of those locations you will be in the same building as Preferred Rooms.

And now for a really dumb question, I would rather have a view of the Lake over a view of the Pool. Since both are "water" does water in this sense mean Lake (of course Pool would still mean Pool) or if I request simply Water could it be either? I know stupid, but sometimes with Disney you have to use the right words...

What are the best Water (Lake) view rooms? Still Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51?

I would make 2 requests; building # and Lake View. It's best to word your requests to describe what you want instead of trying to figure out where there are Lake View rooms. This way the room assigners know exactly what you are looking for.

So we have a preferred room at CBR! What are my options as far as views?

Looking towards the parking lot or an inner courtyard. Both are lovely as there is a ton of vegetation between the buildings and the parking lot. You actually have to try hard to see cars.

I have to say though that when staying Moderate or Value, a view is never a consideration as we would have to be in the room with the curtains open to even notice a view. My wife is not a fan of that as, by human nature, people are curious and look in while walking by.

Now when staying Deluxe with a balcony, we do consider the view.

Looking towards the parking lot or an inner courtyard. Both are lovely as there is a ton of vegetation between the buildings and the parking lot. You actually have to try hard to see cars.

I have to say though that when staying Moderate or Value, a view is never a consideration as we would have to be in the room with the curtains open to even notice a view. My wife is not a fan of that as, by human nature, people are curious and look in while walking by.

Now when staying Deluxe with a balcony, we do consider the view.
Ok thanks! So is there anything I should request?

Ok thanks! So is there anything I should request?

Corner rooms are nice as they have a 2nd window that brings in more light and makes the room feel bigger. Do you have a preference on 1st or 2nd floor? There are no elevators. Other than that, I can't think of anything as the Preferred Rooms are very close to OPR and the Main Feature Pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter