Disneyland Maxpass coming later this year

This would be my concern as well. If everyone in the Disneyland line can book RSR fast pass as soon as they get into the park (along with those going to DCA), you could see all FP gone within the first hour.

Well...the prime advocates for the prebooking in wdw used the elimination of the fastpass "sprint" as the single biggest "good thing" as a result of the billion dollar wonder bands...

Just throwing that out there.

This would be my concern as well. If everyone in the Disneyland line can book RSR fast pass as soon as they get into the park (along with those going to DCA), you could see all FP gone within the first hour.
This was my first concern as well. Although, if you are only allowed to book one at a time, mimicking the paper system, it won't be that terribly different, yet will eliminate "the sprint"

Yep...

And it will make wifi very marginal. And makes a lot of sense for disney. Everybody has the phone...if the market moves away from hotspots and allows them to save the cost of them...go for it.

Oh ok, now that's making sense. I couldn't understand what you were trying to get at with the data plan comment.

This was my first concern as well. Although, if you are only allowed to book one at a time, mimicking the paper system, it won't be that terribly different, yet will eliminate "the sprint"

Though one at a time per park, right (pretty sure when we were there we had FP for something in Disneyland Park and then sent a runner to get FP for RSR) - so those in DLR will be able to book RSR as well I think

Now there will just be hoards of people standing just inside the main gates frantically clicking on their iPhones, lol.

hmm, makes me wonder if it will be set up that you have to be inside the turnstyles to book on the app or can you do from your hotel room that morning or from the esplanade?

Agree 110%!!! And is it $10/day/pp? That just added $120 to my ticket cost to take my girls for 3 days
THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!
sorry....I never type in all caps, but....

Not that I think this is great, but to be fair to DL I think you'd only have to pay $10 a day. Only one of you would need the photo pass and unless I'm mistaken I'd think one person could book friends and family FP over the app.

Ya know, maybe we're not excited about this because the majority of us have WDW as our "home park". Maybe the CA residents are beyond thrilled at this announcement.

I think I'm not understanding why they are grouping FastPass and PhotoPass together. They are separate on the My Disney Experience app, why would they group them together on the Disneyland app? Maybe I need to see the app in action, but I'm not seeing how it works.

Does each person that wants to book a mobile FastPass need a smartphone? If so, how would it work with a family where their children don't have smartphones? And if not, what are you paying per person for? One person would be able to reserve X number of FastPasses and download all the pictures themselves.

Maybe I'm having a hard time grasping this because I'm too familiar with booking my dining reservations 180 days out and FastPasses 60 days out. When we went on our Disneyland trip in 2015, my fiancee felt weird being able to book our dining reservations only a week in advance.

hmm, makes me wonder if it will be set up that you have to be inside the turnstyles to book on the app or can you do from your hotel room that morning or from the esplanade?

I would imagine you need to activate your ticket first and enter the park. Once that has happened, I would guess you could get an FP from anywhere, even outside the park. The only way Disney could prevent this would be to use GPS to track your location or scan your ticket as you leave the park, but I think that seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Not that I think this is great, but to be fair to DL I think you'd only have to pay $10 a day. Only one of you would need the photo pass and unless I'm mistaken I'd think one person could book friends and family FP over the app.

I hope you're right, though my suspicion is that everyone will need to buy it (for the digital FPs). Hopefully I'm wrong. The photopass, yes just 1 person needs it now, I imagine that wouldn't change.

think I'm not understanding why they are grouping FastPass and PhotoPass together. They are separate on the My Disney Experience app, why would they group them together on the Disneyland app? Maybe I need to see the app in action, but I'm not seeing how it works.

Mainly because they want you to pay for the digital FPs, but think that people will not be willing to pay for them alone (or will be upset by the idea of having to "pay for FastPasses"), so the photopass is to sweeten the deal. They can say that you're getting the PhotoPass and the MaxPass is a throw in, hoping people will be more willing to accept this new fee.

I sure do hope you are right!

Ya know, maybe we're not excited about this because the majority of us have WDW as our "home park". Maybe the CA residents are beyond thrilled at this announcement.

No...I think they're nervous/hate it.

I think they are worried that they might be seeing the beginning of some of the "pay to brearhe" policies that we have grumbled about in the swamp for a few years now.

If that is how it works then $10/day per family isn't too bad to get the convenience and photopass downloads

I always thought Matterhorn's capacity was too low for fastpass so they added single rider to compensate. This could be Disneyland prepping for fastpass+ like how world got every ride and it's mother a fastpass add on

The thread on the DLR board just reported it is per person. Pretty darn pricy for a family.
I don't think it is as pricey as they could have made it. Family of 4 = $40 per day for 5 days = $200. That's really not terrible. At least its not $650 cabanas...

The thread on the DLR board just reported it is per person. Pretty darn pricy for a family.

I don't think it is as pricey as they could have made it. Family of 4 = $40 per day for 5 days = $200. That's really not terrible. At least its not $650 cabanas...

But a lot pricier than WDW where memory maker is $149 for the duration of your trip and includes a lot more capabilities than what DLR has and then FP+ is included in admission

If I did it I definitely don't think I would do it for my entire trip - but definitely need to see it in practice though

But maybe we have uncovered the real motivation for the Cabanas .... everything else seems cheap in comparison! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter