Disneyland Maxpass coming later this year

It's kind of interesting as the technology is the back end of what WDW uses (part of it, not a full install as they don't need the full feature set). Its appearing to me that shanghai and DL are going to use it with the app and not go the band direction. honestly, I like the sound of that better, cards and phones instead of mbs.

Technology is the same the real only difference is the reader. It is not hard to code a reader once they figure it out the first time. The Disney company recently put a patent in for what was clearly DL/DCA to be able to accept rfid, smart watches, smart phones, Bluetooth and qr codes. Basically they are trying to have a system that will have a ton of options for use.

Technology is the same the real only difference is the reader. It is not hard to code a reader once they figure it out the first time. The Disney company recently put a patent in for what was clearly DL/DCA to be able to accept rfid, smart watches, smart phones, Bluetooth and qr codes. Basically they are trying to have a system that will have a ton of options for use.

They are using barcode readers for this. They have been testing them in the parks. I think they can read tickets or smartphones.

Sure it will be tough but not likely as tough as WDW. They only have to do it in the two parks which are smaller in size than WDW parks.

Operational expenses reduce stock price...is my point. They had to spin an eloborare story of how the bands were gonna increase profits - and the truth is They likely haven't at all - to get the money to get the IT behind it.

I saw that patent for the next revision.. I took it as an upgrade everywhere eventually but makes sense for dl/dca first. mobile tech is so popular in asia I can see it lightly being considered there once they iron it out in anaheim.

Those pictures are free in the parks?

Photopass photos aren't free to actually download but are free to take. I was confusing in my effort to clarify haha. I meant digital fp will be 10 but you can still go to a kiosk and get them for free. Digital download of photopass will be included in the $10.

What nobody saw coming was the daily charge for it. Really annoying to have to pay for something I didn't want anyway. But when everyone else has it, the FPs will disappear much faster.
Agree 110%!!! And is it $10/day/pp? That just added $120 to my ticket cost to take my girls for 3 days
THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!
sorry....I never type in all caps, but....

He's saying you don't need to be on Wi-Fi to get the digital FPs, you can just use the data on your cellphone. I would imagine it won't take a ton of data, so I don't think unlimited data will be necessary. It would be very unusual for someone who has a smartphone who can download the DL App not to have data (actually on most carriers I believe it is impossible to have a smartphone without a data plan).

At least paper fp are still free... if you can run to get it before the MaxPassers take them all... lol
It is my hope that they will reserve a certain # for paper and only release a portion of them digitally. Only time will tell!

Agree 110%!!! And is it $10/day/pp? That just added $120 to my ticket cost to take my girls for 3 days
THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!
sorry....I never type in all caps, but....

They will charge for things as long as you pay for it. The management is changed...nothing will be done "for the guest" again.

This would be my concern as well. If everyone in the Disneyland line can book RSR fast pass as soon as they get into the park (along with those going to DCA), you could see all FP gone within the first hour.

He's saying you don't need to be on Wi-Fi to get the digital FPs, you can just use the data on your cellphone. I would imagine it won't take a ton of data, so I don't think unlimited data will be necessary. It would be very unusual for someone who has a smartphone who can download the DL App not to have data (actually on most carriers I believe it is impossible to have a smartphone without a data plan).

well, international travelers likely wouldn't have data on US systems and would be relying on wifi - but not sure that is the issue at Disneyland it would be at WDW

Reactions: fbb

Right...disney dumping wifi also allows Them to use a bill NOT associated with Disney - cell - to potentially save costs and even make additional streams off it.

This is kinda an obvious tact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!