Disneyland Maxpass coming later this year

Some big questions in my mind.

1) Big one is the "per group" or "per person" cost, which seems to be answered in favor of "per person". That to me seems to expensive, especially for a large party. People talk "family of four", but what about a family of 8 - $80 per day? Crazy.

2) How does the bookings work - if you each have a separate ticket / account - can you still book all four passes together on a single booking?

3) Right now, I could grab a FP at Space Mountain, walk across the plaza, and grab a FP at RSR - having 2 FPs at the same time. (FP systems aren't linked.) Would I be able to book a FP in each Park? Will I be able to book a RSR FP when I'm in Disneyland? This ups the convenience significantly if I can book in the other park. (This improvement at WDW after your intiial 3 FP+ are used up is HUGE.)

That's all for now..

Why are they just now getting this? Does Disney tend to focus more on WDW since it is much larger? (Probably just answered my own question)

Why are they just now getting this? Does Disney tend to focus more on WDW since it is much larger? (Probably just answered my own question)
Because Disneyland is slow to adopt change. They have a thriving local market that can have an immediate and direct impact on operations if something happens that they don't like. Disney World is a whole different beast whose 'frequent visitors' show up one or two times a year, not one or two times a week

Because Disneyland is slow to adopt change. They have a thriving local market that can have an immediate and direct impact on operations if something happens that they don't like. Disney World is a whole different beast whose 'frequent visitors' show up one or two times a year, not one or two times a week

Makes sense, I just thought that since Disneyland was first that they would always have the best. I wonder if this could be a step to eventually Disney will introduce paying for Fastpasses.

Makes sense, I just thought that since Disneyland was first that they would always have the best. I wonder if this could be a step to eventually Disney will introduce paying for Fastpasses.

Disneyland does have the best. That's why they didn't jump on the FP+/MagicBand bandwagon. That system is a mess. ;)

I would argue that many Disneyland locals don't think a mobile fastpass system is "the best". With all of the issues that WDW has had with MyMagic+, Disneyland fans have been very vocal in that they don't want what WDW has.

Disneyland does have the best. That's why they didn't jump on the FP+/MagicBand bandwagon. That system is a mess. ;)
I don't think it's a mess anymore. It was when it first debuted because it was new and hard for everyone to adapt but now that it's been around for 3 years it's been working much smoother.

I don't think it's a mess anymore. It was when it first debuted because it was new and hard for everyone to adapt but now that it's been around for 3 years it's been working much smoother.

It's still a complete PITA that requires way too much time pre planning. Especially when you are traveling with a group that includes friends/relatives outside your immediate family.

I think it is a lot smoother than it used to be, it just takes time. Though they are still sorting some bugs out and things like that eventually it should be working at 100% and hopefully easier for everyone

It's still a complete PITA that requires way too much time pre planning. Especially when you are traveling with a group that includes friends/relatives outside your immediate family.
WDW has always been about pre-planning. Look at the disboards. This site was created because there are so many crazy pre-planners. I just got back from a trip that was with a group of 12 people. Only 4 of them were family. I managed everything, ADRs, FPs, etc. I did not find it to be anymore work than if I was doing it for my immediate family.

WDW has always been about pre-planning. Look at the disboards. This site was created because there are so many crazy pre-planners. I just got back from a trip that was with a group of 12 people. Only 4 of them were family. I managed everything, ADRs, FPs, etc. I did not find it to be anymore work than if I was doing it for my immediate family.

We never used to plan obsessively and we always haf a great time. The time commitment now to pre plan fastpasses and decide which park to go to on which day is the part I hate. We used to decide which park to go to day of.

We never used to plan obsessively and we always haf a great time. The time commitment now to pre plan fastpasses and decide which park to go to on which day is the part I hate. We used to decide which park to go to day of.
You don't have to do that though. I switched my days around during my trip and was able to get the FPs I wanted. I was able to get Soarin, and test track the day of. Same with TSMM. The only thing I couldn't get day of was frozen.

You don't have to do that though. I switched my days around during my trip and was able to get the FPs I wanted. I was able to get Soarin, and test track the day of. Same with TSMM. The only thing I couldn't get day of was frozen.

I went twice this year and neither time had decent rides available same day or day before...

I went twice this year and neither time had decent rides available same day or day before...

But this really depends on your definition of decent.

Right now I can book passes for everything except Frozen and 7D for today. If I were to try for a few minutes, I know I could get both of them.

But this really depends on your definition of decent.

Right now I can book passes for everything except Frozen and 7D for today. If I were to try for a few minutes, I know I could get both of them.
Exactly. It's not that hard to get many things you want the day before or day of.

well, unless you love pre-planning and can put your FP+ times right into your spreadsheets 60 days out ... then the system is amazing

well, unless you love pre-planning and can put your FP+ times right into your spreadsheets 60 days out ... then the system is amazing

I don't go crazy all out on pre-planning and the FP+ system works fine for me. The only time I do the 60 days is if I know I'm going to a park with a ride I absolutely want to ride. Most times we don't book FP until the week prior or couple days prior. Of course I have the luxury of yearly trips and don't mind waiting in a line if I really must do something.

I don't go crazy all out on pre-planning and the FP+ system works fine for me. The only time I do the 60 days is if I know I'm going to a park with a ride I absolutely want to ride. Most times we don't book FP until the week prior or couple days prior. Of course I have the luxury of yearly trips and don't mind waiting in a line if I really must do something.

I fully agree that you don't need to plan out tons for the system to work fine - just that the other poster was saying the system sucks because you have to pre-plan and my point was, well, the pre-planning component makes the system better to some people

This is me. I do fiddle with it within the 60 days as needed, but I'm already chomping at the bit to plan my trip for December.
I found the Disneyland method frustrating. Thank God there's a single rider line at RSR or we wouldn't've gotten on it because the line to get a fastpass was probably 30 minutes long by the time we got there (the line at security that day was ridiculous and made us late to get in, plus I think it was an early entry day for Disney hotel guests and we were offsite).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter