Disney Golden Oaks Community

Would you live in Disney's Golden Oaks?

• Yes! Who wouldn't?!

• Umm...let me come back to you.

• No...I get enough Disney with the parks.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, if I ever win the lottery, lol. I don't think I would want to live there full time, but it would be one awesome vacation home!

Agreed!!
I don't think I would ever want to live in Orlando full time.... I LOVE disney, but it's our escape from the real world....To live there?? I'm not sure....I like it as a "home away from home". BUT, if I was loaded, I would buy one as a vacation home, and let people stay there for REAL cheap :thumbsup2
Spreading the magic...:wizard:

No second thought needed, I'd already reserved one if I had a couple extra million laying around.

Sorry - I love Disney, but hate Florida. It would be great to be right next to the magic of it all but I mean, if I lived there I would actually have to LIVE...as in facing reality. I would have to deal with nasty humidity, living essentially in Orlando... :headache: Definitely not my favorite city. And I sort of like the excitement of saving up for that vacation to Disney...living there would take a little spark away for me. :confused3 Oh well, more real estate for you guys!! :thumbsup2

This. Seems like Utopia. Until you run out of milk and have to run to the grocery store. Or have to pick your kid up from school because she isn't feeling well. Way too isolated for my taste. I prefer the look, feel and texture of a "real" community. Not a fabricated one. Where's the local library? The local Ace Hardware store? God help me if 192 and 535 become my "Main Street", and "Broadway". WDW was purposely sized and situated to be away from most everything else. That's great for a theme park, but terrible for raising a family. If I had the money to buy a $4 million house, then I'd have enough money to buy DVC points from all the sellers and stay at BLT as many nights as I cared to for the rest of my life. Heck. The annual taxes alone on the home would probably serve as enough money annually for me to stay at hotel suites or BLT Grand Villas for as many nights as I needed to be at WDW.

This. Seems like Utopia. Until you run out of milk and have to run to the grocery store. Or have to pick your kid up from school because she isn't feeling well. Way too isolated for my taste. I prefer the look, feel and texture of a "real" community. Not a fabricated one. Where's the local library? The local Ace Hardware store? God help me if 192 and 535 become my "Main Street", and "Broadway". WDW was purposely sized and situated to be away from most everything else. That's great for a theme park, but terrible for raising a family. If I had the money to buy a $4 million house, then I'd have enough money to buy DVC points from all the sellers and stay at BLT as many nights as I cared to for the rest of my life. Heck. The annual taxes alone on the home would probably serve as enough money annually for me to stay at hotel suites or BLT Grand Villas for as many nights as I needed to be at WDW.
Good point...:headache:

I don't think I would. Disney is special because it is a week or two a year completely removed from real life, and without that "escape" factor it would lose some of its shine. For that kind of money I'd be happier with a heap of DVC points and enough cash leftover to give our other travel and lifestyle interests a share as well.

Right here about sums it up. Disney is an escape for me. And besides, anit nothing else in Orlando worth sticking around for. :snooty:

Absolutely yes. My DH said that he too would love to live there if we had a million dollars....I mean how cool would it be to be writing out a letter and your return address says Walt Disney World on it :goodvibes.

Heck, I'd live in a Disney Roach Infested Hovel if they sold them and I could afford it, so if I could afford one of those lovely mansions, you betcha' I'd be on it like white on rice. :rotfl: As it is, I'm just hoping I can pay for medical care when the time comes (it's not that far away!). :scared1:

If money weren't an option, I would definitely live there! :cool1: I would wanna live there with it as a 2nd home though, I'd wanna keep my first house! :woohoo: Ahhh, that would be heaven! :cloud9:

If money were no object I would buy a place there but wouldn't live there year round.

I would be splitting my time between my current home in Toronto, my condo in New York, my flat in London, my villa in Italy, my home on the Peak in Hong Kong and my place at Disney.:rotfl2:

I would definitely live there in retirement...or at least spend part of my year there. And also maybe work part time for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter