• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DATW for PCC 2.0-Friday, December 17th

So, I was thinking...

I tried a drink for the first time in Rose and Crown Pub last month. It wasn't on the bar menu, but the bartender was able to make it. My friend said she wanted to try it, so I went ahead and bought the same drink.

It was called an Irish Car Bomb. It's a depth-charge type of drink made with Guinness. The depth charge is a shot of equal parts Jameson whisky and Bailey's. You drop the shot into the Guinness and then drink it as fast as you can before the Bailey's makes the Guinness curdle. :laughing:

(FYI, it's not a full pint. There needs to be room for the shot!)

The guys in the bar next to us heard us order and started cheering us on. I was able to successfully drink it in one try, but my friend was not as fortunate. It was a lot of fun, and if anyone wants to do one of these with me, let me know. It was sort of like a Guinness milkshake, but not as gross as it might sound. ;)

Anyone want to join me in this endeavor? If not, I'll just do it and meet you by the France slushies. :laughing:

Um depends on how I am feeling.

I'm not sure I'd make it the rest of the way if I started out with an irish car bomb!! :scared1:

Um depends on how I am feeling.

Well, last year I did not have drinks in each country. If I pace myself again and perhaps shared another big honkin' pretzel from Germany with Don, I'll be fine. I actually had a lemon slushie after this drink and was fine. ;)

If you're not up to joining me, I wouldn't mind a cheering section. :laughing:

Well, last year I did not have drinks in each country. If I pace myself again and perhaps shared another big honkin' pretzel from Germany with Don, I'll be fine. I actually had a lemon slushie after this drink and was fine. ;)

If you're not up to joining me, I wouldn't mind a cheering section. :laughing:

Those pretzels are GOOD!! at soaking up the alcohol

So, I was thinking...

I tried a drink for the first time in Rose and Crown Pub last month. It wasn't on the bar menu, but the bartender was able to make it. My friend said she wanted to try it, so I went ahead and bought the same drink.

It was called an Irish Car Bomb. It's a depth-charge type of drink made with Guinness. The depth charge is a shot of equal parts Jameson whisky and Bailey's. You drop the shot into the Guinness and then drink it as fast as you can before the Bailey's makes the Guinness curdle. :laughing:

The guys in the bar next to us heard us order and started cheering us on. I was able to successfully drink it in one try, but my friend was not as fortunate. It was a lot of fun, and if anyone wants to do one of these with me, let me know. It was sort of like a Guinness milkshake, but not as gross as it might sound. ;)

Anyone want to join me in this endeavor? If not, I'll just do it and meet you by the France slushies. :laughing:

Well, you've got Val to accompany you for the glutwein so I guess I'd be the one to try the Irish Car Bomb with you. :drinking:

Wow, those emoticons look exactly like the way I'd be drinking it! :rotfl2:
It's really maybe a half pint pull of Guinness, but it was really tasty with the shot inside!

Those pretzels are GOOD!! at soaking up the alcohol

Yes, Don. And we know this year to avoid the salt lick pretzels in America. :teacher: The bratwurst I had also helped absorb the booze.

Well, you've got Val to accompany you for the glutwein so I guess I'd be the one to try the Irish Car Bomb with you. :drinking:

:banana: Woohoo Jeff! I guarantee that you won't get plastered by this one li'l drink. ;)

Soooo, you think Val and I will be able to carry you back to the villa afterwards?

I ended up with maybe 6 drinks that night over the course of 5 hours or so. I think I could help with Jeff if necessary. :laughing:

I ended up with maybe 6 drinks that night over the course of 5 hours or so. I think I could help with Jeff if necessary. :laughing:

Val said to thank her adopted daughter for this kind offer.

So, I was thinking...

Since Rick and I got married on St Patty's Day this is what we toast with. :lovestruc We may just be up for joining you for this one!

Just drink up- cause once it starts to curdle it's not easy to drink!

Since Rick and I got married on St Patty's Day this is what we toast with. :lovestruc We may just be up for joining you for this one!

Just drink up- cause once it starts to curdle it's not easy to drink!

Awesome! Slainte! When they told me that it will curdle if you don't drink it fast enough, I realized that I had to slam it. It sure was tasty, though!

Just a thought... :confused::idea::confused:

Fantasmic is showing the same night as DATW.

How long doew it take to DATW, especially with Epcot's EMH that night?

If I snuck off to HS to see Fantasmic, would I be able to find DATW already in progress? (would anyone join me?)

Again, just an idea. Not sure I want to be trekking from park to park, any way.

Just a thought... :confused::idea::confused:

Fantasmic is showing the same night as DATW.

How long doew it take to DATW, especially with Epcot's EMH that night?

If I snuck off to HS to see Fantasmic, would I be able to find DATW already in progress? (would anyone join me?)

Again, just an idea. Not sure I want to be trekking from park to park, any way.

Quite sure finding a group of around 100 would be relatively easy.

As for going back and forth, make sure you have a park hopper option on your ticket, allow for the standing in line time for Fantasmic, too.

Quite sure finding a group of around 100 would be relatively easy.

That's what I figured. Just look for the light saber. And I am pretty sure I should be able to hear you from across the lagoon. :rolleyes:

As for going back and forth, make sure you have a park hopper option on your ticket, allow for the standing in line time for Fantasmic, too.

Oh, yeah! I still need to add the park hopper to my ticket.

Not so thrilled about standing in line for Fantasmic. I am not concerened about the "best seat". Two years ago I saw it twice before the TSM meet. Did not wait in line either time. Aahhh... those were the days!

So, I was thinking...

This sounds really good!!:yay: Would love to try it. I'll be happy to join you for this.

Hey all... HI!! We are looking forward to meeting you all and doing some DATW with ya :goodvibes I remember the story of a little incident last time of someone being left behind, and some drawing was involved :laughing: :rotfl: anyone have the link to that post??? I want to show Sean what he is in for hanging around the DIS peeps :rotfl2:

Hey all... HI!! We are looking forward to meeting you all and doing some DATW with ya :goodvibes I remember the story of a little incident last time of someone being left behind, and some drawing was involved :laughing: :rotfl: anyone have the link to that post??? I want to show Sean what he is in for hanging around the DIS peeps :rotfl2:

We have no idea what you are talking about....I got your back Jorge! :thumbsup2

I don't know what you're talking about. :banana:

dos.jpg

Who dat? :headache:

This forum requires that you wait 40 seconds between posts. Please try again in 4 seconds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter