Conversation overheard on ME

NMAmy

Can speak food in German
I was just going through my notes from our spring break trip this year and I'd forgotten about this gem. DH and I overheard this on the Magical Express bus and thought it was hilarious.

Little kid: Why can’t we live at Disney World?

Mom to husband: Yeah, why CAN’T we live at Disney World?

Their other child about 8 or 9 pipes up: We can’t move to Disney World because I would miss all my friends.

Little kid: You could make new friends.

8 year old: I don’t want new friends. You have to live at home until I move out of the house and then you can move to Disney World.

Quiet for a moment and then the little one says thoughtfully: I think you should move out of the house when you’re 10.

Do you have a favorite overheard conversation at WDW?

That's so cute!

Last year, we were waiting for Wishes, and a young boy standing near us seemed to be in a bad mood, but released it in a creative way:

Singing (kind of angrily) to the tune of "Its a small world"-

"Its a big world after all.
The other song is just a lie!
There's 20,000 people in this big, big world!"

We still sing it :rotfl:

At Animal Kingdom, we over heard a black family talking: Young son to father, "Dad, doesn't this make you feel like you are getting back to your roots"?, Father to son, " I don't know were your roots are from, but I am from Detroit" I thought the people on the ride were going to bust a gut they were laughing so hard.:lmao:

When we were on our way back to the airport on ME in 2009 there was a guy trying to hit on this really pretty British blond lady. He kept telling her she has a beautiful voice, and that he's some kind of producer and she should just drop everything and go back with him! :lmao: The best part was this guy was extremely ummm let's say unattractive - but that's putting it mildly ;).

Me and hubby were cracking up the whole time. It actually made the awful ride to the airport more bearable and we still talk about it!

my niece the first time she set foot on Main St. USA.. It was at night while the Parade was going on.. We were right at the corner in Tony's Town Sq. and Cindy comes around the bend on her float.. Niece exclaims " It's a Miracle"..

The only conversation I remember at DME was one to make you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There were a couple of adults behind us while we waited in line for the bus to be ready. And they kept talking about how Disney really should make some of the buses "Adults only" The funny thing to me was that all of the kids around us, including our son, were being calm and quiet. The ones acting like fools were the adults behind us!! :sad2:

I could go on and on with all the amazing little conversations I have overheard while working PAC, Turnstiles and now the new Town Square Theater. Yesterday while working at the Theater there was a group of 60+ people from some rather "urban" preschool. One of the parents started pointing and telling the kids "Look it's Goofy. Oh my god Goofy." The kids kept looking at her like she was insane. Finally one of the middle aged children walked over and corrected her, "Pluto. That's Pluto."

It happens all the time. :confused3

Exiting Mickey's Philharmagic, a dad asked his little boy (probably 4-5 years old) "Did you like it?" The little boy said "Like it? I loved it!" That is one of my favorites.

Not so much a conversation...

As we left our resort room the last morning of a trip, luggage in hand, we walked down the hall of the BC towards the lobby and we happen to pass a room just as we heard a young voice from inside holler at the top of his lungs, "I'M READY TO GOTO DISNEY NOW!"

I just about fell over my luggage laughing. It was good to know SOMEBODY was getting to go!! :goodvibes

This was our first day, and we had come in on ME where they put your carry-ons "under" the bus. As we left the Studios that night, a child was having a melt-down, and I mean a doosy of a melt-down. He screamed and cried ALL the way back to our resort. My DS6 leaned over and said, "I wish we could put him with the luggage." The lady next to us overheard and about fell off her seat laughing.

I was just going through my notes from our spring break trip this year and I'd forgotten about this gem. DH and I overheard this on the Magical Express bus and thought it was hilarious.

Little kid: Why can’t we live at Disney World?

Mom to husband: Yeah, why CAN’T we live at Disney World?

Their other child about 8 or 9 pipes up: We can’t move to Disney World because I would miss all my friends.

Little kid: You could make new friends.

8 year old: I don’t want new friends. You have to live at home until I move out of the house and then you can move to Disney World.

Quiet for a moment and then the little one says thoughtfully: I think you should move out of the house when you’re 10.

Do you have a favorite overheard conversation at WDW?
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

As my brother and I were approaching the resort monorail at the TTC (it was closer to our building at the Poly than the main house) a little kid started running towards the boat launch and was yelling "There it is! There it is! I see Disney World!" It was so sweet it brought a tear to my eye.

My favorite was in the elevator at GF for RPC. A wife was telling her husband "if these people knew how much money we had, they'd treat us better." I had to keep staring straight ahead because I knew if I caught my husband's eye, I'd burst out laughing.

At Animal Kingdom, we over heard a black family talking: Young son to father, "Dad, doesn't this make you feel like you are getting back to your roots"?, Father to son, " I don't know were your roots are from, but I am from Detroit" I thought the people on the ride were going to bust a gut they were laughing so hard.:lmao:

:rotfl: That's a good one!!

I think this story applies. On our very first trip to WDW our DD had just turned 5. We had an evening flight out of Memphis which was supposed to arrive at 10:30 pm but due to horrible weather all over the east coast we were delayed over an hour. After finally arriving at MCO we trudged off to the tram to take us to baggage pickup. The car was crammed full and obviously everyone was as exhausted and cranky as we were it being after midnight at this point. The car finally began to move and DD suddenly became wide eyed and looked up to me and asked "Is this DisneyWorld?" Everyone in the car cracked up and I suddenly realized she had no idea what was in store. It was the begining of a truly magical trip.

This was not overheard...it was between me and my son who at the time was three and a half. We were waiting for the Hall of Presidents show.

Me: "This is about presidents" (I didn't think he even knew what that meant)
Son: "Oh, yeah" (excited and as if he really knew what I was talking about)
Me: "Do you know any presidents?"
Son: "Yeah...from Santa Claus!!"

This is in my Disney scrapbook so I will remember it forever :goodvibes

This sort of fits the subject.

Once when DS was little, we stayed at (then) Dixie Landings and arrived in the evening. I told him that we would go to MK the next day and he asked me when. I explained that we definitely couldn't go until it got light the next day (my mistake).

I remember waking up a few times during the night and seeing DS looking out the window. He would sigh loudly and climb back into bed. I finally woke up feeling breath in my face and he told me that it was time to go. I looked at the clock and it was about 7. I told him that it was too early and he said "I see light and you said that we could go when it got light." I looked outside and you could just barely see a tiny trace of lighter sky. I knew that we had to go at that point. :)

The only conversation I remember at DME was one to make you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There were a couple of adults behind us while we waited in line for the bus to be ready. And they kept talking about how Disney really should make some of the buses "Adults only" The funny thing to me was that all of the kids around us, including our son, were being calm and quiet. The ones acting like fools were the adults behind us!! :sad2:

they do..... they're called cabs :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I was just going through my notes from our spring break trip this year ?

You takes notes while you are at WDW? Wow. Thought I'd seen everything.

Our family can barely be bothered to consult the 'notes' we wrote prior to our trip (ADR's, park hours, a park for each day).

I just can't imagine spending vacation time writing notes, or for that matter posting here or blogging....Sorry about potentially hijacking the topic...

We jokingly talk about retiring to WDW, too.

It would be nice if DVC was something more than what it includes. That's a LOT of dough to shell out for something you are only 'leasing.' (Yes, that's the technical term the Disney staff used.)

Then again...I'm also smart enough to know that part of the attraction is that WDW is NOT something I can do every day. That I am NOT compelled to go every year per DVC.
I'ts like the old saying, "Absence make the heart grow fonder."

A few times we've been lucky enough to have multiple visits in a short span of time. It's not as much fun to go for back to back visits. I need a break between visits to appreciate the fun. Shhh...Don't tell DH....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter