Conversation overheard on ME

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

Last October I was waiting outside a restroom at Epcot for DH and DS when I overheard an argument between a husband and wife. Apparently, they had been separated in the park and the wife tried to call the husband who didn't answer his phone. The husband was adamant that the wife had not called him because he had no missed calls on his phone. He asked for her phone to prove it. He takes her phone, pushes a few buttons, sighs in disgust and then slams it shut and hands it back to her! She very calmly said I told you so.

Was this in Morocco ? In I think either 2008 or 2009 ? If it was you saw myself and DH. I say that because that was exactly what happen to us:rotfl2:We laugh about it now but I was soooo upset, and that argument went on for quite a bit. I had gotten in the line for a drink and told DH to wait for me just a few feet away , well that as usual did not happen. I spent a good 1/2 hour calling him and looking for him . The bad thing was he had his cell and I called and called but not only does it ring it VIBRATES and he had it in his front pocket!

Was this in Morocco ? In I think either 2008 or 2009 ? If it was you saw myself and DH. I say that because that was exactly what happen to us:rotfl2:We laugh about it now but I was soooo upset, and that argument went on for quite a bit. I had gotten in the line for a drink and told DH to wait for me just a few feet away , well that as usual did not happen. I spent a good 1/2 hour calling him and looking for him . The bad thing was he had his cell and I called and called but not only does it ring it VIBRATES and he had it in his front pocket!

In his defense my parents got mad at me for the same thing when we were all there. However I could prove on their phone they called but also that on my phone I never got it. For some reason calls weren't getting though and texts would take an hour or more at times. So his phone really may have never rang.

I check out of POR, just as Pop Warner is showing up.

I am sitting in the rocking chair out back, just relaxing. Mother and son spy the boat and decide when husband and daughter are done checking in, they want to "go to Disney World on the boat."

Husband and daughter come out back, with check-in package in hand. Definately first timers.

Husband: Come on, honey, we have to go out front to catch a bus to go to the parks.

Wife: But we want to go to Disney World on that boat.

Husband: You are not going to believe this, we are IN Disney World. This hotel is in Disney World. And get this, there are FOUR parks, count 'em, four, and two water parks. And there are like 22 hotels. This place is fr.....ing huge! So we have to go out front to get to the bus to go to the park.

Wife: But what about the boat?

I love this thread.

Here is one of our favorites. While shopping in AK, a CM asked my daughter what her favorite animal was. My daughter replied, "Rhinoceros" The CM looked at her and said, "That is a mammal with a central nervous system." Then she walked away. My whole family just kind of looked at each other, shrugged and walked away too. So, now whenever we mention any mammal, someone always says, "That is a mammal with a central nervous system."

Keep the stories coming! Oh, yeah, I take notes too!!

This was not overheard, but I hope it still qualifies to be included in this thread:

My adult DS still loves Disney but only likes to go occasionally now. From time to time he'll call and say, "Mom,I think I could go to Disney again!" So of course we go! One trip, on arriving at DHS, my DS runs ahead to the entrance, turns around with a big smile on his face and throws his arms in the air as if to say, "We're HERE!"

In that moment, I looked at this man and saw my little boy again...and almost wept. :love:

Oh man...that one got me crying!

Not really an overheard convo but something along the lines of it. I was watching Mickey's Philharmagic and there was this little boy maybe around 5 or 6 who was really getting into the show like he would comment every time a new character would appear. Best one would have to be when Donald is getting sucked into the whorl pool thing he reaches out his hands and screams NOOOOOOOOO DONALD DON'T DIE I GOT YOU. He also was trying to collect the gems in the Little Mermaid scene and was saying that he wanted the rings.

Overheard while walking out of AK last week with my DD...

(Picture a suburban mommy type): "I can't believe we paid $900 for this?! Where were all the rides?!"

My DD whispered to me, "Daddy, should I tell her that they are attractions?"

We're planning our 1st trip this October, I'm sure I'll have a few to add. Love the thread, keep 'em coming!!

Not exactly Park related but I think it applies.
On the long car ride my 3 year old daughter was complaining that she was hungry but we were not stopping for another 2 hours. (she usually complains because she is tired and is fighting sleep) So she falls asleep and wakes up in time for us to stop for lunch. I ask her if she is still hungry and she replies
"I'm not hungry anymore! My tummy made it's own lunch" (this cracks us up but we can't resist) Really what did it make??
"Hang ger bers" :rotfl:

Last March my best friend and I were at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. We reached the part of the show where the two-headed monsters claimed it knew every capital of every human country.

The monster then asks for the audience to shout out a country and the monster will name the capital. I won't give away the punchline but the girl sitting beside me (at least 16, could have easily been 18 or 19) shouts out for her country "Asia!" :sad2::confused::sad2::confused:

I love these!!

I think this is pretty cute. At my wedding reception (at California Grill) my niece sat on my lap at my sweetheart table and she said to me- "Lulu, I want to have my birthday party HERE!"

It was funny and sweet to see it all through her little three year old perspective.

This is a great thread!

I have a personal story to share. First day of our trip, we go to MK and the show in front of the castle is just starting. I can not remember the name of it, but it is the one where Donald does not believe in dreams. When the show is over, we started walking to Tomorrow Land and my DD says "Mommy, dreams really do come true". She was 5 at the time and it was just so precious. That was Disney magic to me, still brings a little tear to my eye. :love:

Those stories are adorable.

My biggest regret on our first WDW trip is that I didn't take MORE notes. It was a long trip, and so I just remember it blurrily. When I take notes on our DLR trip it really solidifies moments in my mind and makes my memories easier to grasp in the future. Makes the trip reports easier to write, too.

:thumbsup2 hubby takes notes for his trip reports also. it's amazing, the things you forget. and when I'm so sad to be home again, and read his trip reports,.. I remember!!! it's SO much fun!!

Maybe file these under "bizarre..."

My husband and I were walking through Tomorrowland late one night when a guy walked past us going the opposite direction. He looked my husband in the eye and said, "I think I just saw Gary Coleman in a stroller.". Unfortunately, we never saw said stroller carrying Mr. Coleman.

For some reason this cracked me up.

I REALLY hope it was Gary Coleman -- because really who would want a baby that looked like Gary Coleman. :rotfl2: As Elaine from Seinfeld would say "he's breathtaking"

This was not overheard, but I hope it still qualifies to be included in this thread:

My adult DS still loves Disney but only likes to go occasionally now. From time to time he'll call and say, "Mom,I think I could go to Disney again!" So of course we go! One trip, on arriving at DHS, my DS runs ahead to the entrance, turns around with a big smile on his face and throws his arms in the air as if to say, "We're HERE!"

In that moment, I looked at this man and saw my little boy again...and almost wept. :love:

And this made me cry because I thought of my son (who is 19 months by the way) and how fast time is going by

I have a personal story to share. A couple times during the plane ride and when we got to our hotel my son 5 year old son started a sentence with..."I hope those people don't move my bed...or "I hope those people don't take my toys while we're here" I couldn't get an answer from him when I would ask, "What people?" The next day once again he said, "I hope those people don't take away our TV while we're here". I asked again, who? His reply this time was, "you know, the loud guy on TV that gives people a new house when they go to Disney World." :laughing: Once he realized Exreme Homemake Over wasn't changing our house he stopped worrying and enjoyed our vacation. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter