Conversation overheard on ME

I love reading these! I know I always hear funny comments here and there while at DW, but I forget them probably the next day :confused3 I just focus on being in disney

Dh and I were on the train at MK headed to Frontier Land when the Lady behind us ask her husband if this train went to Epcot.:rolleyes:

This sort of fits the subject.

Once when DS was little, we stayed at (then) Dixie Landings and arrived in the evening. I told him that we would go to MK the next day and he asked me when. I explained that we definitely couldn't go until it got light the next day (my mistake).

I remember waking up a few times during the night and seeing DS looking out the window. He would sigh loudly and climb back into bed. I finally woke up feeling breath in my face and he told me that it was time to go. I looked at the clock and it was about 7. I told him that it was too early and he said "I see light and you said that we could go when it got light." I looked outside and you could just barely see a tiny trace of lighter sky. I knew that we had to go at that point. :)

I love this! I'm practically dying of adorable overload. :)

I took my niece to WDW for her first trip when she was 4 (almost 5). To include her parents I made sure that she called them once a day to let them know what she'd seen/done. During one conversation my sister asked her if she missed them, her response "well, I'm trying to." We still laugh over that one.

lol well I know the people waiting in line to meet Minnie and Mickey during MVMCP last December 2nd had a good laugh due to my 4 year old daughter.

She developed a love for all things Minnie on this trip and was talking and talking about how much she loved her. So I asked her,
"Honey how much to do you love mommy?"
She holds her hands about a foot apart and says "I love you this much mommy."
Then I ask, "How much do you love Minnie?"
She stretches her hands out as far as they will go and says "I love her THIS MUCH."
everyone around us chuckled. I made a sad face, and she was kind enough to say,
"But don't worry mommy we're going home tomorrow so I'll love you the most again soon."

Not a conversation, but a comment from a young boy in line behind us at the Narnia attraction at DHS. He was very excited and asked his mom, "is this a roller coaster?"

Those stories are adorable.

You takes notes while you are at WDW? Wow. Thought I'd seen everything.

Our family can barely be bothered to consult the 'notes' we wrote prior to our trip (ADR's, park hours, a park for each day).

I just can't imagine spending vacation time writing notes, or for that matter posting here or blogging....Sorry about potentially hijacking the topic...

My biggest regret on our first WDW trip is that I didn't take MORE notes. It was a long trip, and so I just remember it blurrily. When I take notes on our DLR trip it really solidifies moments in my mind and makes my memories easier to grasp in the future. Makes the trip reports easier to write, too.

I'm sorry you must have misread the subject of this thread. It is, tell a funny conversation you heard. It is a feel good thread. It is NOT a thread to give your uninvited opinion regarding taking notes on vacation. Nor is it a thread about your uninvited opinion regarding the DVC sales pitch. The great thing about the Dis is... You're going to love this... You can start your own, feel not so good thread regarding those subjects. Thank you for reading.

Our family can barely be bothered to consult the 'notes' we wrote prior to our trip (ADR's, park hours, a park for each day).

I just can't imagine spending vacation time writing notes, or for that matter posting here or blogging....Sorry about potentially hijacking the topic...

We jokingly talk about retiring to WDW, too.

It would be nice if DVC was something more than what it includes. That's a LOT of dough to shell out for something you are only 'leasing.' (Yes, that's the technical term the Disney staff used.)

Then again...I'm also smart enough to know that part of the attraction is that WDW is NOT something I can do every day. That I am NOT compelled to go every year per DVC.
I'ts like the old saying, "Absence make the heart grow fonder."

A few times we've been lucky enough to have multiple visits in a short span of time. It's not as much fun to go for back to back visits. I need a break between visits to appreciate the fun. Shhh...Don't tell DH....

This wasn't Disney, but it made me sigh, it was so cute. I have to start that children with British accents are just SOOOO cute. I was at WWOHP, waiting for DH to use the bathroom, when this British boy, about 12 or so, looked up at his dad, sighed, and said, "I can't imagine a more perfect day. I love you." I actually started tearing up a bit.

Not something I overheard but was on a previous overheard thread that I loved...apparently a kid was having a stroppy attitude and his mother told him "go take that attitude and throw it in the trash!" We are British and so now every time any one of us gets slightly grumpy on a trip on of us will quote that quote in a mock American accent! Always snaps us out of it!

We jokingly talk about retiring to WDW, too. ...

actually a lot of people do and just because you don't doesn't make it odd or wrong or a waste of time or anything else since it's not you.

people who do trip reports, journals, scrapbooks or photobooks and like to have notes ato put beside pictures often jot down notes or days events when they get back to the resort.

there are also lots of people on here who ... heaven forbid.... get back to their room after a long day at the park and come online to wind down and do "at WDW now" trip reports.

just because you don't do it doesn't mean you can criticize someone else who does.

It was my little brother's first time going on Test Track, he must have been about 5 or 6 years old. We're on the ride and all the sudden you hear him in this little voice scream to my dad "Daddy! Is this a REAL race track?!"

We went to Disney in December and met up with some friends of ours back home. While we were in line I was asking their three year old daughter questions about her favorite disney characters. I finally said "Kayleigh, who is your favorite princess" then she looked at me and said "my mommy" :lovestruc:lovestruc I thoguht it was the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

Several years ago in the gift shop in the Contemporary a mother and her about-5-year-old daughter were standing beside us as we were looking over some of the merchandise that prominently featured a certain rodent. The girl looked up at her mom and said, "Boy, they sure do love Mickey Mouse around here, don't they?"

Last October I was waiting outside a restroom at Epcot for DH and DS when I overheard an argument between a husband and wife. Apparently, they had been separated in the park and the wife tried to call the husband who didn't answer his phone. The husband was adamant that the wife had not called him because he had no missed calls on his phone. He asked for her phone to prove it. He takes her phone, pushes a few buttons, sighs in disgust and then slams it shut and hands it back to her! She very calmly said I told you so.

Last October I was waiting outside a restroom at Epcot for DH and DS when I overheard an argument between a husband and wife. Apparently, they had been separated in the park and the wife tried to call the husband who didn't answer his phone. The husband was adamant that the wife had not called him because he had no missed calls on his phone. He asked for her phone to prove it. He takes her phone, pushes a few buttons, sighs in disgust and then slams it shut and hands it back to her! She very calmly said I told you so.

:lmao: Did he NOT get the MEMO:confused3 The wife is ALWAYS right :rolleyes1

At POR last Nov. A boy about 5 was wide eyed and jumping around saying 'look Mommy Mickeys Castle'. He was looking at the roof on the marina side of the main building. WOW! I wish we could have been there to see him when he saw the real thing! It must have been priceless!

Yeah, I take notes on my iPhone when we sit down for meals so I can remember what all we did when it comes time to put the scrapbook together. That must make me a freak.

We jokingly talk about retiring to WDW, too.

It would be nice if DVC was something more than what it includes. That's a LOT of dough to shell out for something you are only 'leasing.' (Yes, that's the technical term the Disney staff used.)

Then again...I'm also smart enough to know that part of the attraction is that WDW is NOT something I can do every day. That I am NOT compelled to go every year per DVC.
I'ts like the old saying, "Absence make the heart grow fonder."

A few times we've been lucky enough to have multiple visits in a short span of time. It's not as much fun to go for back to back visits. I need a break between visits to appreciate the fun. Shhh...Don't tell DH....

Honestly, what is the point of this comment? I mean REALLY!!!! Especially the jab at the note taking. Who gives a rats ***. Maybe that's their "thing". Why knock them for it? Geeze...

To the OP- cute story. Thanks for sharing and starting an entertaining thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter