Conversation overheard on ME

This isn't really a converstation but what happend to my DS and I when we went to Disneyworld a while ago. We were staying at WL and took ME this trip as it was just the two of us. When we pulled up to the unloading area in front of WL the bus driver said over the intercom "Ok everyone welcome to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge." My son looked at me and said " Mom he's wrong." (We had been to WL 10 or 12 times before so he knew) So the driver opened the door and got out, as did my son and I, and my son went up to him and said "sir you said this was Animal Kingdom Lodge not Wilderness Lodge." He said "I did", then jumped back on the bus and said sorry this is the Wilderness Lodge, and half the people on the bus got up to get off. We stll talk about this quite often.

On our son's first trip (he was 4 at the time) got on the bus to the Magic Kingdom...put his arms in the air and yelled this is the best ride... with a smile from ear to ear....you better believe I took a picture of that!!!

che

You takes notes while you are at WDW? Wow. Thought I'd seen everything.

Our family can barely be bothered to consult the 'notes' we wrote prior to our trip (ADR's, park hours, a park for each day).

I just can't imagine spending vacation time writing notes, or for that matter posting here or blogging....Sorry about potentially hijacking the topic...

I take notes too and write them in the WDW journal that I buy every year as soon as I hit the first gift shop.

I write down interesting things so that I remember them for the scrapbook that I do for every trip.

Maybe file these under "bizarre..."

My husband and I were walking through Tomorrowland late one night when a guy walked past us going the opposite direction. He looked my husband in the eye and said, "I think I just saw Gary Coleman in a stroller.". Unfortunately, we never saw said stroller carrying Mr. Coleman.

On the same trip, we decided to visit WL just to walk around and get a cup of coffee. As my husband exited the men's restroom in the lobby, another gentleman, who was by himself, walked into the restroom. As they crossed paths, the young man said, "Awwwwww, poopin' time.". No lie.

Nothin' like a little Disney to bring out the crazies. :banana:

On our son's first trip (he was 4 at the time) got on the bus to the Magic Kingdom...put his arms in the air and yelled this is the best ride... with a smile from ear to ear....you better believe I took a picture of that!!!

che

This post is useless without a picture. :rotfl:

I posted this in an thread a few months ago, but it is so cute that it is worth repeating...

In September 2009 we were taking the bus to Downtown Disney. On the bus was a family with two little boys that were about 5 years old and they were both dressed head to toe like pirates, including face paint with fake scars. One of the little boys was really talkative, and was really into being a pirate. We asked him his name, and he said it was Captain Sharkbait. We asked him how he got his (fake) scar, and he told us a long, drawn out story about the huge pirate fight that he got into, and how he had to fight off other pirates with his sword, etc. As he got more and more into this big story, my Sister and I pretended to be scared of this "frightening" 5 year old pirate. The other little boy who had remained quiet until this point looked concerned and I think he thought that we were really scared of his pirate friend. The quiet little boy leaned over to my Sister and said very seriously "we aren't REALLY pirates, we are just little boys" :lmao:

Great thread! Wonderful stories! And, yes, I do jot down a few notes when I get back to our room at night. How else would I keep the ride/attraction count, etc! Anyway, the entire family was on Test Track (with FP given by a complete stranger <Pixie Dust>) except me. DS called from the ride and stated "We're stuck in traffic". Sure enough, the ride had broken down and they were stranded for about 10 minutes!

Maybe file these under "bizarre..."

My husband and I were walking through Tomorrowland late one night when a guy walked past us going the opposite direction. He looked my husband in the eye and said, "I think I just saw Gary Coleman in a stroller.". Unfortunately, we never saw said stroller carrying Mr. Coleman.

On the same trip, we decided to visit WL just to walk around and get a cup of coffee. As my husband exited the men's restroom in the lobby, another gentleman, who was by himself, walked into the restroom. As they crossed paths, the young man said, "Awwwwww, poopin' time.". No lie.

Nothin' like a little Disney to bring out the crazies. :banana:

I actually have tears streaming down my face I am laughing so hard. DH is looking at me like I've completely lost it. :lmao:

A couple of years ago DF and I were at MK and were heading to Carousel of Progress. They had Buzz Lightyear out doing pictures and autographs at the same place where the "line" starts, up the ramp. There were 2 families getting pictures with Buzz, one was already getting photos and the other was waiting for their turn. DF and I patiently waited for both families to finish before continuing into the Carousel. DF leans over and gives me a peck on the cheek. Next thing you know we hear the DD (about 5 ish) of the waiting family tugging on her dad's shirt saying "eeeewwww, they're kissing!"

:rotfl2: We repeat this quote quite often.

This is a great thread! Every trip to Disney brings us another amusing story to tell. Our favorite one to date is this:

My husband was in a restroom at DTD and overheard a conversation between a father and his young son. (They sounded Irish.)

Father: Son, are you about done? The cab is waiting!

Son: (pause) OOOOO! One long poo!

The only conversation I remember at DME was one to make you :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: There were a couple of adults behind us while we waited in line for the bus to be ready. And they kept talking about how Disney really should make some of the buses "Adults only" The funny thing to me was that all of the kids around us, including our son, were being calm and quiet. The ones acting like fools were the adults behind us!! :sad2:

Now that's funny! If you don't like kids perhaps you should find another place to vacation. If you didn't know kids would be at WDW then you are just stupid.

Our family can barely be bothered to consult the 'notes' we wrote prior to our trip (ADR's, park hours, a park for each day).

I just can't imagine spending vacation time writing notes, or for that matter posting here or blogging....Sorry about potentially hijacking the topic...

OP here. It might seem a little odd but I make scrapbooks of our trips (which is what I was doing yesterday) and I usually write a trip report here for the DIS boards, as well, although I'm skipping it this year because I'm too busy. We're not commando park tourists so in the evening or early in the morning, I download all my photos and type up some quick notes of what we did, heard, saw, and ate that day. My family is used to it and when they see me typing away, they'll say, "Hey, remember to add..." whatever event they think was fun or important.

I'm not one to plan too much, either, so I don't actually have notes from prior to the trip to read over, either. We go to whatever park we feel like each day. Since it's not all planned out to the minute, writing notes helps me remember what we ended up doing.

Honestly, what is the point of this comment? I mean REALLY!!!! Especially the jab at the note taking. Who gives a rats ***. Maybe that's their "thing". Why knock them for it? Geeze...

To the OP- cute story. Thanks for sharing and starting an entertaining thread.

:lmao: Thanks to everyone for sticking up for me! It's okay, really, I know some people think it's odd to keep vacation notes.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the thread! I've loved reading your stories so keep 'em coming!

On my last trip on the ME trip back to the airport there was a little boy that loved the busses. As we were pulling out of OKW an Epcot bus pulled in and the little boy points and says "Look mommy the Epcot bus!! We should get on that one!!" One gentleman on the bus then goes "You know your right, why are we on this bus! We should all get off this bus and get on that one!!"

This is not so specific to Disney as it could of happened anywhere, but we were in our POFQ hotel room last fall watching TV when a Toy Story 3 preview came on. It was Barbie and Ken when they first meet. Our DD(6) was watching.

Barbie sidles up to Ken...

Ken: Nice leg warmers.
Barbie: Nice ascot (drawn out like "asss-cot")
DD: Why did she call him cot?

We almost fell off the bed.

(I also take notes, usually spend the plane ride home filling out a book of daily notes and restaurant reviews for my blog!)

Actually, I think it's a great idea! :) It never even occurred to me to do this, but thanks to the OP, I think I'm going to pick up a little journal to jot notes down at the end of the day. This is going to be DS's first trip to WDW and a journal would be very helpful to remember all the special little memories we're sure to have!

Keep the stories coming...I love these!

actually a lot of people do and just because you don't doesn't make it odd or wrong or a waste of time or anything else since it's not you.

people who do trip reports, journals, scrapbooks or photobooks and like to have notes ato put beside pictures often jot down notes or days events when they get back to the resort.

there are also lots of people on here who ... heaven forbid.... get back to their room after a long day at the park and come online to wind down and do "at WDW now" trip reports.

just because you don't do it doesn't mean you can criticize someone else who does.

ITA. When we were in Italy, I had a notebook and jotted moments and memories down. After we returned, I wrote and posted a blog of our trip and sent it to others in our group. Every single person responded back to me how glad they were that I had done so because they had forgotten so much just in the month or so since the trip.

So yes, I TAKE NOTES. Gasp, the horror. We have found them a wonderful way to remember great times.

I posted this in an thread a few months ago, but it is so cute that it is worth repeating...

In September 2009 we were taking the bus to Downtown Disney. On the bus was a family with two little boys that were about 5 years old and they were both dressed head to toe like pirates, including face paint with fake scars. One of the little boys was really talkative, and was really into being a pirate. We asked him his name, and he said it was Captain Sharkbait. We asked him how he got his (fake) scar, and he told us a long, drawn out story about the huge pirate fight that he got into, and how he had to fight off other pirates with his sword, etc. As he got more and more into this big story, my Sister and I pretended to be scared of this "frightening" 5 year old pirate. The other little boy who had remained quiet until this point looked concerned and I think he thought that we were really scared of his pirate friend. The quiet little boy leaned over to my Sister and said very seriously "we aren't REALLY pirates, we are just little boys" :lmao:

:rotfl:, that has me cracking up:rotfl2:

This was not overheard, but I hope it still qualifies to be included in this thread:

My adult DS still loves Disney but only likes to go occasionally now. From time to time he'll call and say, "Mom,I think I could go to Disney again!" So of course we go! One trip, on arriving at DHS, my DS runs ahead to the entrance, turns around with a big smile on his face and throws his arms in the air as if to say, "We're HERE!"

In that moment, I looked at this man and saw my little boy again...and almost wept. :love:

I was in the restroom at Beach Club and there was a little waiting for her mom. She was singing a song and couldn't remember the words but you could tell she was really trying to rememnber.
Davy, Davy Crockett...
Davy, Davy Crockett....
Davy, Davy Crockett met Smokey Bear
Then she skipped out the door and that was stuck in my head on the flight all the way home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter