Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

12 guests... 4 adult bands..4 bands get scanned....each group has 3 guests..been doing it for years..it does work..easier now
Are you aware that the CMs use a tableside tablet to scan the bands and make note of the lead guest's name on the account?

Unless the sharing of dining credits with non-DDP guests has been verifiably allowed, your plan may not work...
p

Are you aware that the CMs use a tableside tablet to scan the bands and make note of the lead guest's name on the account?

Unless the sharing of dining credits with non-DDP guests has been verifiably allowed, your plan may not work...
of course it works
4 guests on reservation
12 people in the group at table
each person with a band is with 2 guests=12 meals

We are at the tail end of our trip and I am chiming in to report our experience.

We stayed in two rooms and booked the deluxe dining plan in one room, no plan in the other room.

Over the course of our trip we dined at the following restaurants with more people than were listed on our plan:

Hoop-de-do
Raglan Road
Cape May Cafe
Be Our Guest (Breakfast and Dinner)
Plaza Restaurant
'Ohana
Boathouse
Jiko
Crystal Palace
CRT
Sanaa
Spirit of Aloha
Tuskar House
Yak and Yeti
Narcoosee's
Akershus
Teppan Edo
Monsieur Paul
Hollywood and Vine
Brown Derby

At most restaurants the server scanned my band and said nothing.

At one restaurant the server asked me if we were staying in separate rooms and asked if I wanted her to scan someone else band or put them all on one.

At a few restaurants the server commented that the entitlements didn't match the party, I said that we were staying in different rooms, but I wanted everything charged to my meal plan. Every server was fine with it.

Most of the non-buffet restaurants specifically stated that the kids were welcome to order from the adult menu, including:
Be Our Guest (Dinner)
Jiko
CRT
Sanaa
Yak and Yeti
Narcoosee's
Teppan Edo
Monsieur Paul

The server at Monsier Paul specifically suggested we have our two youngest share an adult entree and app rather than get 2 kids meals to save on the entitlements. At Brown Derby they did not tell us the kids could order from the adult menu, but I asked if they could and the server said it was fine.

We did not ever try to hide in ANY way that we were sharing credits from one room with people in another room.

It was NOT an issue at all.

Sorry- I'm sure it's been answered on here somewhere, but has anyone tried the substitution policy out at Be Our Guest? Can you order a soup rather than a dessert? A side rather than the beverage?

Sorry- I'm sure it's been answered on here somewhere, but has anyone tried the substitution policy out at Be Our Guest? Can you order a soup rather than a dessert? A side rather than the beverage?

Reports from lunch are that you can sub your dessert credit for a soup as that is the only other snack option on the menu. Someone tried to sub their drink credit, but was told no. For dinner, someone reported they exchanged the dessert for a salad plate, but were told they could not have a soup.

If you have ordered an adult QS meal for a child, did you have any issues:
1. at the end of the trip with CM saying that you had no adult credits left?

2. When ordering four meals at once (technically two adults, two kids on trip)?
Did you have to have first adult order two and other adult order two? My daughter likes the salmon at Columbia Harbour house and the ribs Anywhere so I used to order a kids meal for me so that she could get those, but if I can just order her the adult QS too, it would be great.
Thanks!

Did you have to have first adult order two and other adult order two? My daughter likes the salmon at Columbia Harbour house and the ribs Anywhere so I used to order a kids meal for me so that she could get those, but if I can just order her the adult QS too, it would be great.
Thanks!

I am pretty sure, based on what I have read, and am hoping to do next week, that QS meals are one bucket, so it shouldn't matter what you get, especially now that theres no KTTW card that says 2 Adult/2 Child

Thanks!
1. No, there's no way they can tell
2. Yes, while the system will not distinguish between adult and child QS credits, the employee's are trained to disallow it in this circumstance. Or at least they use to, the brochure still supports it, and there's been not confirmation from Disney that it's changed.

1. No, there's no way they can tell
2. Yes, while the system will not distinguish between adult and child QS credits, the employee's are trained to disallow it in this circumstance. Or at least they use to, the brochure still supports it, and there's been not confirmation from Disney that it's changed.
Thanks for Answering!
I only want it for the two restaurants, I will either get her kid meal or order two and two then.
Let me know what happens with your trip, the gib95!

Quick service locations will also not enforce the mixture of adult and child entitlements. Guests with two adults and two children on the Quick Service Dining Plan can choose four adult meals, if they prefer

Yes, while the system will not distinguish between adult and child QS credits, the employee's are trained to disallow it in this circumstance. Or at least they use to, the brochure still supports it, and there's been not confirmation from Disney that it's changed.

Your comment is in conflict with the posted changes on the first post. Children's credits are not tracked, and it's my understanding that the cast members are now NOT checking any kid vs adult meals.

Your comment is in conflict with the posted changes on the first post. Children's credits are not tracked, and it's my understanding that the cast members are now NOT checking any kid vs adult meals.

What is on the first page is still the copy of what was rumored to change. When the brochure came out (THE official word from Disney), it still has the stipulation that children must order from the children's menu. Whether CMs check or not will be the luck of the draw. They still have the "authority" to check and enforce it since the brochure still has the rule.

Thanks for Answering!
I only want it for the two restaurants, I will either get her kid meal or order two and two then.
Let me know what happens with your trip, the gib95!
**Just chiming in. We eat at CHH every trip (3 adults, 2 kids)
We order 4 adult meals and share every trip, no one said anything to us in the past**

The brochure still says kids must order from the kids menu. Random rumors posted on third-party blogs do not constitute actual changes. Experiences have continued to vary.

Sorry I tried to read as many pages of this thread as I could so sorry if this has been answered, but everyone is talking about having the Deluxe Dining Plan and up and getting adult QS meals for kids. Would this also apply for the regular dining plan which has one TS and one QS per day? I don't want to end up with not enough adult credits but there will be times that I would love to have my kids share an adult meal if they could. Has anyone had that plan and done that recently?

Sorry I tried to read as many pages of this thread as I could so sorry if this has been answered, but everyone is talking about having the Deluxe Dining Plan and up and getting adult QS meals for kids. Would this also apply for the regular dining plan which has one TS and one QS per day? I don't want to end up with not enough adult credits but there will be times that I would love to have my kids share an adult meal if they could. Has anyone had that plan and done that recently?

Definitely will NOT be able to do that with the regular DDP, and even with the DxDDP, the brochure still states that kids must order from the kid's menu where available. I've never heard of anyone with the regular DDP being able to get adult meals with a kid's credit, so please don't plan on that. Even with the DxDDP, I would ask when at the restaurant, but I wouldn't plan out my meals with the assumption that it will be okay at every place.

With QS yes, you'll be able to do this. We're a party of 2 disney adults and 2 children and often (depending on what we like from where) get 3 adult counter service meals to share. There are a few places that my child ds, but disney adult son doesn't like the adult qs options and will order a kids qs meal instead. Really, you can use your QS credits however you want. You will NOT be able to do this at TS restaurants, but will have no problem at QS.

Hi everyone. I have a quick question regarding the deluxe plan. I am going to disney for the first time next month and we have the deluxe plan.

I know that the snack credits are different and you have to look to see what counts as a snack credit. But what about the appetizers and entrees? Are we allowed any appetizer or entree on the menu or are only certain ones allowed? Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. I have a quick question regarding the deluxe plan. I am going to disney for the first time next month and we have the deluxe plan.

I know that the snack credits are different and you have to look to see what counts as a snack credit. But what about the appetizers and entrees? Are we allowed any appetizer or entree on the menu or are only certain ones allowed? Thanks for your help.
You can choose any individual appetizer and entree, but if the menu lists an option "for two" then two of your party would need to share it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter