Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

This DDP thing is a little confusing to me.... We purchased the regular dining plan, 2 adults and 1 child (who is 3.5 years old) with a four-night reservation. For the QS credits, are those broken up into adult and child?
Seperate question, can we order 2 adult QS meals and just share with her and save her "child QS credit" for another time during our trip? We've never bought the DDP before, so I'm just trying to figure out the best way to use it.

Does anyone know of you can get a sushi roll as an appetizer on the disney deluxe plan at Tokyo dining?

This DDP thing is a little confusing to me.... We purchased the regular dining plan, 2 adults and 1 child (who is 3.5 years old) with a four-night reservation. For the QS credits, are those broken up into adult and child?
Seperate question, can we order 2 adult QS meals and just share with her and save her "child QS credit" for another time during our trip? We've never bought the DDP before, so I'm just trying to figure out the best way to use it.
The official DDP brochures state "Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available."; however, QS credits are not broken up into adult and child at this point in time and have not been for years. So the truth (and the reason it is confusing) is that Disney requires children's credits to be used for kids' meals, but does little or nothing to enforce that. Some people in the past reported being denied purchasing more adult meals than there were adults on the reservation, but rumor is (as seen in the first post of this thread) that is no longer happening. Let your conscience be your guide.

You can use your credits at any time during your stay, so feel free to order more or less meals than there are people in your party. No problem with 3 people sharing 2 meals at a QS.

Does anyone know of you can get a sushi roll as an appetizer on the disney deluxe plan at Tokyo dining?
You may get more or better answers by creating a new thread on the Disney Dining Plan forum. I know people have been able to get sushi as an appetizer at Kona Cafe and California Grill, so I would think Tokyo dining would be the same.

Last edited:

We went this past summer with our 3 1/2 year old. We had the QS plan and found that we just couldn't eat 3 meals. We ended up ordering 2 meals for every breakfast/lunch/dinner and just sharing among the 3 of us. We never had to order from the kids menu throughout our stay. Hope this helps!

Yes, thank you! I just thought of another question....are there certain entrees you can choose from if you are on the DDP or can we get any entree on the menu?

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but on the deluxe dinning plan do you get and appetizer and dessert? Or just dessert. I thought originally you got both but was changing it for 2016. I just wanted to know because we were told just dessert when we dined at rain forrest.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but on the deluxe dinning plan do you get and appetizer and dessert? Or just dessert. I thought originally you got both but was changing it for 2016. I just wanted to know because we were told just dessert when we dined at rain forrest.
The Deluxe Dining Plan includes an appetizer at all a la carte lunches and dinners. There is no extra appetizer at AYCTE/buffet meals or at breakfast.

The appetizer was not listed as included on the original 2016 brochure posted to the official Disney website and some people were told by Disney employees that the Deluxe Dining Plan would no longer include appetizers. However the brochure has since been updated and confirms that the appetizer will still be included.

If you were using a meal credit from the Deluxe Dining Plan as opposed to the standard Disney Dining Plan and you were eating a meal other than breakfast, your Rainforest Cafe meal should have included an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage.

The following are the NEW DDP rules set forth by Disney to be in effect May-June 2015:

QUICK SERVICE DINING

• Guests may substitute one Quick Service meal for up to three snack options within the same transaction at Quick Service dining locations or food courts (NOTE: NOT KIOSKS, which likely means you will not be able to trade your quick service for 3 food and wine festival kiosk items). For example, if you didn’t want to eat a quick service meal, but were still hungry, you could choose to grab an apple, a bottle of water, and a muffin and it would be able to count as one Quick Service meal entitlement, if you chose that option.

I am most interested about this. Has anyone been able to confirm if this is usable or not at festival kiosks? I'll be down for a short trip on the dining plan before a cruise at the end of October, and we're trying to find out if we can use our QS credits at the kiosks or not.

Thanks!

I am most interested about this. Has anyone been able to confirm if this is usable or not at festival kiosks? I'll be down for a short trip on the dining plan before a cruise at the end of October, and we're trying to find out if we can use our QS credits at the kiosks or not.

Thanks!

F&W starts today, so hopefully, someone will attempt it and report back.

FYI, the OFFICIAL DDP dining brochure does NOT have the wording you highlighted from the blog, so technically, they don't have to allow it anywhere.

So were the changes only effective May-June or were these permanent changes that were rolled out May-June?

Does anyone have a link to a summary of the changes, if they are different that what is posted on the first page? 17 pages is a lot to go through! ;)

So according to the first page, you can sub a drink or dessert for a side. Has anyone had luck subbing the drink for soup at BOG lunch?

So according to the first page, you can sub a drink or dessert for a side. Has anyone had luck subbing the drink for soup at BOG lunch?
Yes, there have been positive reports although a couple mentioned issues. I'll be at BOG doing exactly this in 3 hours; wish me luck and I'll report back on the substitution thread when I have a chance in the next few days!

Thanks!

There is ONE report on the F&W Super Thread of being able to do this. They said they did NOT ask to do an exchange, they just chose their 3 items, presented their MB, and asked them to use a QS credit. It worked at multiple booths. However, they said it got confusing if they wanted more than the 3 items, so they just did anything else they wanted in a separate transaction.

The most recent discussion of non-Disney owned TS restaurants and the dessert/soup or salad substitution policy was July. Has anybody heard anything more? We've got an ADR at Teppan Edo and I'm pretty sure they don't have any desserts that are safe for my kids with allergies so I was hoping that maybe the miso soup is safe (they love miso soup and most I've found are safe) or maybe they'd even agree to edamame (it's cheaper than the desserts so I'm hoping) but I haven't found anything about the non-Disney owned TS restaurants. If anybody has heard anything more recent, I'd be grateful.

Yes, there have been positive reports although a couple mentioned issues. I'll be at BOG doing exactly this in 3 hours; wish me luck and I'll report back on the substitution thread when I have a chance in the next few days!

Can't wait to hear if it worked!

Can you still go back after and retrieve desserts when you are on the DDP?
You have to choose your dessert at the time you order your meal at QS venues. At food courts if want an ice cream dessert you have to let the cashier know your choice at the time you pay. The cashier will mark your receipt and you will have a specified amount of time to return to get the dessert. This is the extent that I know of that you can "go back after and retrieve desserts." You cannot save the dessert entitlement and use it somewhere else or later in the day.

At TS restaurants usually you choose your dessert after finishing the entree. Again, however, you cannot save the dessert component and use it later or elsewhere.

our granddaughter and her husband are going in December and staying at All Star resort...she asked me a question and I could not really answer it...at breakfast time...is the bagel considered a snack credit or what??? I just have never done the dining plan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter