• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

Aren't some 'sides' listed as eligible for a snack credit. In that case they should qualify for the swap.

Like fries or soup at the food courts.
Yes, there are many sides that are eligible snacks, but you'll want to look for the DDP snack logo to know what qualifies.

We have 4 adults on our DxD package . At one point we will be a group of 12 adults eating together meeting go up with family. Each person with a band will pay for 3 adult meals. . No one can ask for ID or ask why s I me aren't wearing their bands... 4 bands saying 4 adults gets us our 12 meals. We are staying home 14 nights DxDp.. 168 DxDp credits and 112 snack credits..

We have 4 adults on our DxD package . At one point we will be a group of 12 adults eating together meeting go up with family. Each person with a band will pay for 3 adult meals. . No one can ask for ID or ask why s I me aren't wearing their bands... 4 bands saying 4 adults gets us our 12 meals. We are staying home 14 nights DxDp.. 168 DxDp credits and 112 snack credits..
Why do you keep coming back to spread tips on how to scam Disney?

Ok, so just to make sure I've got this figured out.....on my trip in February if I decide to use a QS credit at Sunshine Seasons but don't want to get a dessert, I can substitute the fruit and cheese plate (which is listed as a side dish)? If I can do that we'll just use 2 or 3 credits there instead of 4 and get 2 of those as side dishes!

According to the Menu at AllEars http://allears.net/dining/menu/sunshine-seasons/all-day the fruit and cheese plate isn't a snack, so can't be used instead of dessert. You could have soup or a side salad instead of dessert. But in my opinion Sunshine Seasons is one of the better counter service for dessert choice anyway!

I upgraded my free QS that came with my beach club August 2016 booking to DXDP just like I did back in 2013 at the Poly only it was free DDP then. We are 2 adults, 1 Disney adult (he'll be 15 & already eats more than me anyhow) & 1 child (she'll be 7). I upgraded to give us the credits to eat at the signatures & 2TS character meals there is noooo way we can eat all the food DXDP gives you. In 2013 we had character breakfasts then snack credit lunch (usually an ice cream as still too full from breakfast) then signature or character dinner & we had 7 TS/QS credits & 24 snack credits left .. We got pizzas from Wolfgang puck express with the TS/QS credits & the snacks bought goodies in goofies candy store of which we took to the 2nd part of our stay in the villa.
We are not doing a villa next yr as we go straight on a DCL cruise so I'm really hoping we can use some credits to treat others as I know we'll have many left over! Smack credits will buy goodies to take home from goofies.
I hope my DD can order the odd adult entree as she loves Mac n cheese & chicken tenders but doesn't eat any other meat & 10 days of those 2 is a bit mehh so being able to order a pasta or something chicken or veg from the adult menu will be wonderful!

Last edited:
I upgraded my free QS that came with my beach club August 2016 booking to DXDP just like I did back in 2013 at the Poly only it was free DDP then. We are 2 adults, 1 Disney adult (he'll be 15 & already eats more than me anyhow) & 1 child (she'll be 7). I upgraded to give us the credits to eat at the signatures & 2TS character meals there is noooo way we can eat all the food DXDP gives you. In 2013 we had character breakfasts then snack credit lunch (usually an ice cream as still too full from breakfast) then signature or character dinner & we had 7 TS/QS credits & 24 snack credits left .. We got pizzas from Wolfgang puck express with the TS/QS credits & the snacks bought goodies in goofies candy store of which we took to the 2nd part of our stay in the villa.
We are not doing a villa next yr as we go straight on a DCL cruise so I'm really hoping we can use some credits to treat others as I know we'll have many left over! Smack credits will buy goodies to take home from goofies.
I hope my DD can order the odd adult entree as she loves Mac n cheese & chicken tenders but doesn't eat any other meat & 10 days of those 2 is a bit mehh so being able to order a pasta or something chicken or veg from the adult menu will be wonderful!

I can't remember where I read it, but I read a thread somewhere about using leftover snack credits to get stuff to take on a cruise. There are some things you cannot take aboard with you, but I don't remember what those were. Perhaps it was over in the Disney Cruise forums.

So, I think I'm understanding all these changes pretty well. I am loving that we can swap out for desserts, we don't always want dessert. However, so if we still want dessert, the way I'm understanding it is that we can swap out the soda (or other non-alcholic drink) for a "snack" qualifying item, meaning my kids can order a slushie or other frozen lemonade drink if it's on the menu instead of their soda or juice, or normal drink item? They will be really excited about that if it's the case. But wondering why they wouldn't just change the policy to say you can order ANY non-alcoholic beverage if those types of items are on the menu....

So, I think I'm understanding all these changes pretty well. I am loving that we can swap out for desserts, we don't always want dessert. However, so if we still want dessert, the way I'm understanding it is that we can swap out the soda (or other non-alcholic drink) for a "snack" qualifying item, meaning my kids can order a slushie or other frozen lemonade drink if it's on the menu instead of their soda or juice, or normal drink item? They will be really excited about that if it's the case. But wondering why they wouldn't just change the policy to say you can order ANY non-alcoholic beverage if those types of items are on the menu....

One thing we haven't seen is how this works with kid's meals. If you go by the brochure, it still states kids must order from the kid's menu, and there are no specialty drinks on the kid's menu. In fact, there's really not a dessert either. I'm not sure what or if they will let them trade their drink for a snack item. Please come back and let us know when you try it.

To clarify, one of my "kids" is actually 12, so she's on the adult plan. The other is 7, and orders from the kids' menu, but if I can swap out my dessert for a slush type drink, I might, and give it to her, and I'll just drink her soda or whatever.I still think it's somewhat unfair that they don't let the kids have a real dessert. I felt bad for my youngest last year, and we'd end up paying OOP or using a snack credit to let her get a dessert. I didn't think it was fair, especially at BOG where we all have really cool cupcakes, and she didn't.

To clarify, one of my "kids" is actually 12, so she's on the adult plan. The other is 7, and orders from the kids' menu, but if I can swap out my dessert for a slush type drink, I might, and give it to her, and I'll just drink her soda or whatever.I still think it's somewhat unfair that they don't let the kids have a real dessert. I felt bad for my youngest last year, and we'd end up paying OOP or using a snack credit to let her get a dessert. I didn't think it was fair, especially at BOG where we all have really cool cupcakes, and she didn't.
Just a thought.... If you're going during free dining it'll only be $20 or so for a week's stay to upgrade her ticket to adult. Then she could order off of the adult menus.

I didn't think it was fair,
I don't think it was designed or intended to be "fair." The adult plan costs over $60, while the kid plan is under $20. I can't imagine how they could justify including a $7 dessert with the kids plan.

Sadly, we are in a window that free dining was blacked out. So, no upgrading her.

Just meant, I didn't think it was fair of us to be sitting there eating our really yummy desserts while my 7 year old had the choice of a cookie or fruit. Lol! But they should offer the kids something a little better. That's all.

I can't remember where I read it, but I read a thread somewhere about using leftover snack credits to get stuff to take on a cruise. There are some things you cannot take aboard with you, but I don't remember what those were. Perhaps it was over in the Disney Cruise forums.

We will be leaving the sweety goodies in our cases at Disney to take back to the UK .. They will be sealed bags of stuff this time. thabks for the warning though.

Are you aware that the CMs use a tableside tablet to scan the bands and make note of the lead guest's name on the account?

Unless the sharing of dining credits with non-DDP guests has been verifiably allowed, your plan may not work...

If all 4 adults with the plan are on the same reservation, then they will only scan ONE band (not 4) and charge the 12 meals to the pool of meals on that reservation everyone on a reservation are in the pool of meals they are not portioned out per person but to the total. 4 adults staying 5 nights will have 20 dinner credits. As you scan the credits are taken from the pool as a whole. You will need to put in the pin # that matches the band at least we did.

And technically it only has to be some one on the plan. My mom and I had the same reservation we each had a pin #. Sometimes they scanned her and sometimes they scanned me but only one of us scanned for both people.

As far as it being allowed yet. I'd have the site bookmarked because Disney has taken out the wordage the restricted credit use.

2014 PDF

Redeeming Your Meals

e Present your Resort valid ID (either a MagicBand or card) to the server or cashier at the time a meal or snack is purchased and specify the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Guests ages 10+ on your Disney Dining Plan and the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Guests ages 3-9 on your Disney Dining Plan.

e Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available.

e Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s Royal Table.

• An additional form of payment is needed if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room.

• An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of 6 or more.

• An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).

e Choosing items from a separate prix fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of Table-Service entitlements required at the location.

e You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Dining Plan.
(non sharing specifically addressed)

e The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge, or a meal may be purchased from the menu. The price of the meal will be added to

Current 2015 PDF on Website

Redeeming Your Meals

• Present your valid Disney Resort ID (either a MagicBand or card) to the server or cashier at the time a
meal or snack is purchased and specify the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Disney
Dining Plan Guests ages 10+ and the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Disney Dining Plan
Guests ages 3-9.
• Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available.
• Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s
Royal Table.
• An additional form of payment is needed if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card
at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room.
• An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more.
• An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for certain items you order that are
not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).
• Choosing items from a separate prix fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a
surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of Table-Service entitlements required at the location.

(No mention of restriction of meals to dining plan guests)

• The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult
plate at no charge, or a meal may be purchased from the menu. The price of the meal will be added to
your bill.

If all 4 adults with the plan are on the same reservation, then they will only scan ONE band (not 4) and charge the 12 meals to the pool of meals on that reservation everyone on a reservation are in the pool of meals they are not portioned out per person but to the total. 4 adults staying 5 nights will have 20 dinner credits. As you scan the credits are taken from the pool as a whole. You will need to put in the pin # that matches the band at least we did.

And technically it only has to be some one on the plan. My mom and I had the same reservation we each had a pin #. Sometimes they scanned her and sometimes they scanned me but only one of us scanned for both people.

As far as it being allowed yet. I'd have the site bookmarked because Disney has taken out the wordage the restricted credit use.

2014 PDF

Redeeming Your Meals

e Present your Resort valid ID (either a MagicBand or card) to the server or cashier at the time a meal or snack is purchased and specify the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Guests ages 10+ on your Disney Dining Plan and the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Guests ages 3-9 on your Disney Dining Plan.

e Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available.

e Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s Royal Table.

• An additional form of payment is needed if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room.

• An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of 6 or more.

• An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).

e Choosing items from a separate prix fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of Table-Service entitlements required at the location.

e You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Dining Plan.
(non sharing specifically addressed)

e The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge, or a meal may be purchased from the menu. The price of the meal will be added to

Current 2015 PDF on Website

Redeeming Your Meals

• Present your valid Disney Resort ID (either a MagicBand or card) to the server or cashier at the time a
meal or snack is purchased and specify the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Disney
Dining Plan Guests ages 10+ and the number of meals or snacks being redeemed for Disney Dining Plan
Guests ages 3-9.
• Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available.
• Gratuities are not included except at Dinner Shows, Private In-Room Dining and Cinderella’s
Royal Table.
• An additional form of payment is needed if you add a gratuity and have not provided a credit card
at check-in to charge incidentals and other expenses to your room.
• An 18% gratuity will automatically be added to your bill for parties of six or more.
• An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for certain items you order that are
not included in the Disney Dining Plan (e.g. alcoholic beverages).
• Choosing items from a separate prix fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a
surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of Table-Service entitlements required at the location.

(No mention of restriction of meals to dining plan guests)

• The Disney Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult
plate at no charge, or a meal may be purchased from the menu. The price of the meal will be added to
your bill.

Now sure if your post was in response to me or the pp I was quoting...

I understand the process of using (1) MB to pay and I'm pretty certain the pp I quoted does as well, but she seems to want to use multiple MBs to avoid detection (sharing credits with non-DDP guests).

However, when a CM scans a MB table-side, they pull up the required info needed on a tablet for the transaction to process: the Folio I.D.'s of the guests on the reservation, the account number, number of credits, DP type, and etc. Then they will proceed to explain to the table what is covered under that particular account number. But if the CM keeps scanning/pulling up the same account over and over again on each band, they will eventually catch on.

Therefore if the pp thinks that separating the bands will be her way of getting around identification/verification - her plan may not work. But she's obviously more than welcome to try. It's always at the discretion of the restaurant manager.

For reference - I believe the pp intends to add her (2) kids, who will not be traveling with her, to the DlxDP plan and use their bands to cover other adults.

Last edited:
yaeah you might be able to do it, but adding phantom guests, that would be shady. i thought I understood that her kids were there on a non plan reservations and they were going to upgrade to a DDP.

fair? You can pay OOP for any dessert you want your child to have.

Which we did......if you had read one of my messages above. I bought my child a better dessert, because I didn't think it was fair of ME to eat a really good dessert in front of her. Funny how everyone got so hung up on that and still not an answer to my original question. LOL!

still not an answer to my original question. LOL!
To answer your original question, in my experience anyway, most places would let you choose any non-alcoholic beverage on the plan as long as it's not in a souvenir mug before any changes. Now you can definitely get any smoothie/slush/etc. if it is eligible as a snack credit and even if it's not marked as a snack credit you could ask if it can count as your non-alcoholic beverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter