Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

our granddaughter and her husband are going in December and staying at All Star resort...she asked me a question and I could not really answer it...at breakfast time...is the bagel considered a snack credit or what??? I just have never done the dining plan
At SSR, I have gotten a bagel as a snack.

thank you

bear in mind that the bagel with cream cheese is $3, some items that qualify as snack credits are $5+. So you might get better value using the snack credit for an ice cream cookie sandwich or similar later in the day and paying cash for the bagel. Obviously if you won't want an ice cream then use it for the bagel!

I have a question regarding the new changes to the DDP. We will be a party of 5 Disney Adults on the reg DDP. In the past if we chose to eat at Via Napoli in Epcot we would all have to use 1 credit each and order something, no sharing credits. With the change would be now be able to say, use 3 of our credits instead of 5 and share 3 meals between the 5 of us? I have heard that people can let guests not on their plan use their credits but that is not really what I am wondering about.

I have a question regarding the new changes to the DDP. We will be a party of 5 Disney Adults on the reg DDP. In the past if we chose to eat at Via Napoli in Epcot we would all have to use 1 credit each and order something, no sharing credits. With the change would be now be able to say, use 3 of our credits instead of 5 and share 3 meals between the 5 of us? I have heard that people can let guests not on their plan use their credits but that is not really what I am wondering about.

Probably not. VN is the stickiest of all places on what is/is not allowed. Word is they still require everyone to order something. You don't all have to use the DDP, but, they won't let 5 people share 3 credits' worth of food. The other two would have to order something and pay OOP.

I've seen conflicting reports about snacks at places like Aloha Isle, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Sleepy Hollow, Gaston's Tavern, and Sunshine Tree Terrace. On the Disney website, it states they don't take the DDP, but a few places online I found say that you can redeem your DDP snack credits at those spots. Has anyone redeemed snack credits at these places recently?

I've seen conflicting reports about snacks at places like Aloha Isle, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, Sleepy Hollow, Gaston's Tavern, and Sunshine Tree Terrace. On the Disney website, it states they don't take the DDP, but a few places online I found say that you can redeem your DDP snack credits at those spots. Has anyone redeemed snack credits at these places recently?
They do take the snack credits. Anywhere with the Dining plan snack logo beside the price takes the dining plan for snacks.

allearsnet still has the snack logo next to most of the things offered at all the places you listed. Sleepy Hollow has only a few things that are snack credits, but it looks like the majority of things at the others are still snack credits.

I had the regular dining plan this past week. Our second to last night was at Akershus. We had two adults and two children on the dining plan. That night we had two table services left per person. My niece was with us. The server allowed us to use three kid credits and two adults.

I read almost all of this thread and think I found the answer but want to see if anyone recently has done this. I am going to the parks with a 9 year old and 7 year old. I want to get the adult plan for me and 2 kids plans. The 9 year old likes the adult meals at Wolfgang Puck and sunshine Seasons. Can he use the child credit for an adult meal or should I get him the adult plan and encourage him to eat adult meals everywhere we go?

Mickey 527
I was there in November with my 5 year old. She ordered off the adult meals the entire time we were there. the ONLY restaurant where the server had to ask a manager if she could do this was at Grand Floridian café. everywhere else she chose all 3 option off the Adult menu and usually got a smoothie for her drink. well every one in a while she wanted the kids desert option. we did do the deluxe dining plan so not sure if that makes a difference.

I read almost all of this thread and think I found the answer but want to see if anyone recently has done this. I am going to the parks with a 9 year old and 7 year old. I want to get the adult plan for me and 2 kids plans. The 9 year old likes the adult meals at Wolfgang Puck and sunshine Seasons. Can he use the child credit for an adult meal or should I get him the adult plan and encourage him to eat adult meals everywhere we go?

Reports lately are that kids CAN order off the adult menu at QS places. Now, the brochure still states that kids must order off the kids menu where available, so that "perk" could go away at any time. I do remember reports of people doing this at Sunshine Seasons, but I've not seen any of someone doing it at WPE. That doesn't mean they won't; it just means no one has told us they did. It never hurts to ask/try, but be prepared if they say no.

We were there last year and my son was 3 1/2 at the time. We had the QS plan and he ordered off of the adult menu at least 50% of the time without any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!