• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changes To Dining Plans May-June 2015

We haven't used the ddp in several years and reading the changes I'm just wondering, do you think it would be better to go with the deluxe dining plan or tables in wonderland? We don't drink alcohol much, but do enjoy table service and signature restaurants over QS. We stopped using the dining plan because we ate too much dessert :) but since that has changed...hmmm, any opinions appreciated!

We haven't used the ddp in several years and reading the changes I'm just wondering, do you think it would be better to go with the deluxe dining plan or tables in wonderland? We don't drink alcohol much, but do enjoy table service and signature restaurants over QS. We stopped using the dining plan because we ate too much dessert :) but since that has changed...hmmm, any opinions appreciated!

Well, on the DxDDP, you're already getting the app, entree, dessert, and drink. If you trade your dessert for a soup or salad (which is all you can do), it's still a lot of food. My advice would be to check the menus of the places you enjoy and see what you might order and tally it up. That's the only way you can see if the changes will benefit you or not.

If you are replacing a meal credit with 3 snacks, does it have to be done at a restaurant or could it be done somewhere like the Main St. Confectionary?

If you are replacing a meal credit with 3 snacks, does it have to be done at a restaurant or could it be done somewhere like the Main St. Confectionary?

This rumored change is not written into the official brochure, so you'll just have to try it and report back how it went.

The 2015 brochure currently mentions that the quick service beverage or dessert can be exchanged for a snack. Was that recently added? Has anyone had luck with this recently?

The 2015 brochure currently mentions that the quick service beverage or dessert can be exchanged for a snack. Was that recently added? Has anyone had luck with this recently?

It was just added this past week. We've only seen a few reports, but one of the most recent was able to do it at multiple places. They said some CMs still do not know about it, but if you nicely ask them to just try to ring it up with the substitution, it works.

Since they changed the 2015 brochure to the 2016 version, there is no longer a note about not using credits for those who are not on the plan. There is still no specific verbiage about using the plan for others, but all of the information provided by CMs has indicated that you can. I am still hoping someone is able to confirm this from personal experience.

Hi! I just saw this...."You can now substitute any dessert or non-alcoholic beverage for a DDP snack credit. This must be done in the same transaction." Does this mean....When you are ordering a quick service meal, you tell the cashier you don't want the dessert and to add an extra snack credit on your magicband, or does this mean you pick up a snack at that moment? Thanks!

Does this mean....When you are ordering a quick service meal, you tell the cashier you don't want the dessert and to add an extra snack credit on your magicband, or does this mean you pick up a snack at that moment? Thanks!

Pick up a snack at that moment. The same applies with the conversion of QS credits into three snacks, you have to do it in one go, you can't get them to convert and add new credits to your account.

Andre

so i wrote to disney dinning departement yesterday about the dining plan change because I had a few questions. I thought it may be helpful for other so I here is the email I send and the respond I got

I have a question about the dining plan changes and the fact that we can now exchange 1QS meal for 3 snacks.Can we do that at any counter service? Even the ones that only have snack? For example can I exchange 1QS meal for 3 cinnamon rolls at Gaston tavern? Also wondering can I make the exchange if I still have snack credits lefts because I really want too keep my snacks credits for food and wine kiost.

I have another question..I Will have some child TS credits left..Can I exchange it for 1QS regardless if its a child or adult QS?

Sorry for my bad english..I M a frencher canadian

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are excited to hear that you will be visiting Walt Disney World Resort!

You will be happy to know that you may exchange 1 Quick Service Meal for 3 snacks, this can only be done in 1 transaction.

Snack eligible items will be noted on each signage. Quick service meal exchange can be done at any Disney operated location.

You may use your child table service credit for an adult quick service meal.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Have a Magical Day!

Sincerely,

Camelle Johnson

eCommerce Sales and Service Team

When she says all Disney operated locations, that that includes Main St Confectionary, etc. I've been hoping to be able to do a qs convert to 3 snacks a few times this Sept. I really hope I don't have to argue to do it! Would love to hear other reports from people who were able to do it!!!!

great.. I know I will bring a copy of my email and the brochure if I have to argue lol

Ok, so just to make sure I've got this figured out.....on my trip in February if I decide to use a QS credit at Sunshine Seasons but don't want to get a dessert, I can substitute the fruit and cheese plate (which is listed as a side dish)? If I can do that we'll just use 2 or 3 credits there instead of 4 and get 2 of those as side dishes!

Ok, so just to make sure I've got this figured out.....on my trip in February if I decide to use a QS credit at Sunshine Seasons but don't want to get a dessert, I can substitute the fruit and cheese plate (which is listed as a side dish)? If I can do that we'll just use 2 or 3 credits there instead of 4 and get 2 of those as side dishes!
Is it listed as a snack credit?

No, as a side dish. Isn't that the criteria? You can swap a dessert for anything listed as a side?

Aren't some 'sides' listed as eligible for a snack credit. In that case they should qualify for the swap.

Like fries or soup at the food courts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter