Can anyone pull up the 5pg brochure? I still can't!

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
I still can't pull up the 5pg brochure with the FAQ. It has been days now.

Hmmmmmmmm .....very, very, interesting!

I do love the way the 1st page is set up to show "# of people age 3+" x number of days = number of TS credits your party has. It is clearly set up as a pooled system (it's the first thing you see) no distinction whatsoever between C & A credits. I'm sorry but the way it is set up seems so cut and dried that they are all lumped together. I can't see how anyone reading that would not think the same.

So I now ask ... if the FAQ is gone or has been pulled ... does the FAQ still count? Did they pull the FAQ because it clearly contradicted the top of the brochure, are they tweaking it or is this just a computer glitch?

I guess time will tell.

DH is not privy to most of my conversations here on the DIS and when I showed him the brochure he even said "they make it seem like it does not matter, everyone age 3+ is lumped together." Unlike myself, DH is one of those "just pay it", "who cares what it costs" people ... so his response was not solicited from a greedy standpoint.

Can anyone get the 5pg brochure to come up?

WDWO

I was really thinking I would come on today and someone would have provided me with a link to the 5pg brochure that included the FAQ.
:confused3

The silence is making me think no one else can pull it up either? If people could check and tell me what they got that would be great.

Maybe something is wrong with my computer.

WDWO

I can't pull it up either. I've been trying for several days, but I get is only 4 pages; no FAQ page with the rule about adults not using child credits. Maybe they are changing or eliminating that page? :confused3

Where are the posters who are usually so very informed and knowledgable?

I think this is more a problem of using an outdated link than a change in policy.

I posted a link to a cut and paste of the fifth page above.

Wouldn't these FAQ's also be somewhere on the Disney website?

An old cut and paste of a page from several days ago doesn't explain why the page is not showing up *now*.

Not necessarily. More likely, they're relying on handing out the brochure when folks check in at their hotel. Remember, they're not using the brochure to sell the Dining Plan. The Dining Plan is sold based on the verbal description by CMs and the brief overview accessible on the website.

Here's a link to my own website where I have a copy of the PDF. The link might not last long since I'm not sure that Disney would want the PDF posted on any website other than their own. I'll immediately remove it if they have a problem with me having it there.

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/MYWDining.pdf

bicker said:
Here's a link to my own website where I have a copy of the PDF. The link might not last long since I'm not sure that Disney would want the PDF posted on any website other than their own. I'll immediately remove it if they have a problem with me having it there.

http://brianandrobbie.com/wdw/MYWDining.pdf

Thanks, but again, this is merely a link to a copy of an *old* page. I'd really like to see a *current* page.

Jim, if the problem is an outdated link, why would the link I posted include the FAQ as of last Tuesday (when I last looked at it), but now doesn't? If they changed the link because it was outdated, they would have removed the whole page, but the link is still valid for the 2006 MYW dining plan (now without the FAQ).

bksmm said:
Jim, if the problem is an outdated link, why would the link I posted include the FAQ as of last Tuesday (when I last looked at it), but now doesn't? If they changed the link because it was outdated, they would have removed the whole page, but the link is still valid for the 2006 MYW dining plan (now without the FAQ).
I have no idea. Just trying to be helpful by re-linking the text.

If you want more than that, you might try calling Disney Dining. They're open, I believe.

momtotwinglesx4 said:
Thanks, but again, this is merely a link to a copy of an *old* page. I'd really like to see a *current* page.
Huh? The PDF I uploaded is the newer brochure, not the original one. If you're getting the four-page brochure from that link, then it is definitely an issue with your browser cache.

bicker said:
Huh? The PDF I uploaded is the newer brochure, not the original one. If you're getting the four-page brochure from that link, then it is definitely an issue with your browser cache.

Yes, I understand that, but when did you upload this? What I'm wondering is if you could upload that page from the new brochure *today*?

I think the issue here is not in getting a copy of the FAQ (which can be found in many places on the boards), but in determining why they don't appear to be on Disney's website anymore.

The FAQ were unexpectantly added to the dining plan in late June, and now they seem to have mysteriously disappeared from Disney's current dining plan info.

Sorry, I have no idea what you're asking there. :confused3

bicker said:
Here's what they are asking.

Until the last couple of days, if you clicked on the brochure link in the first post of the FAQ thread, you got the full five-page PDF that you and I (and many others) downloaded. But if you click on it now, you only get a 4-page brochure, which does not include the Q & A page.

I tried it and got the same result. I then cleared my history and temp files, tried again. Still got only the four-pager. I'm no computer whiz, so I may not have done what I needed to do to clear my browser cache...but I'm still getting the 4-pager.

took me a while of reloading but I have the 5 page one... I saved it to my pc... PM me if you want me to email it to you

bicker said:

What they are saying is that Disney has pulled the FAQ off their site. It is gone. Not there anymore. Replaced with the old 4 page 2006 brochure. I think they are wondering WHY it was taken down by Disney.

There are several possible reasons:

1) Disney is rewording it.

2) It was causeing more confussion (as in calls with questions) so Disney pulled it.

3) The Mouse is mysterious.

4) Disney is rethinking the no shareing of credits rule (I don't think so, but I do think that is what people want to hear)

The underlying question -- and the real reason for this thread -- is they're wondering if Disney is backtracking on the no adult meal for kids credit thing.

I personally doubt it, but that's what they are trying to determine.

JimMIA said:
Here's what they are asking.
Okay I think I understand. That sounds like someone released the new brochure too early (probably aiming to release it when the packages for 2007 were released). Either that or a bad file-system restore overwrote recent changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter