Can anyone pull up the 5pg brochure? I still can't!

For us compulsive overplanners "subject to change at any time" is a problem - hard to plan around, but that's our problem, not Disney's.
Yup, that's really it, in a nutshell.

Sammie said:
Most people who use the net to plan a Disney vacation probably know about these types of forums.

People who don't, use travel agents and they have the brochures to give to their clients.

Totally your opinion ... not fact.

I own a business that caters to children and I talk to dozens of parents each year who are taking the plunge. They have no clue of anything for the most part and a lot of TA's are worse.

WDWO

Sammie said:
Most people who use the net to plan a Disney vacation probably know about these types of forums.

People who don't, use travel agents and they have the brochures to give to their clients.

Sammie--Don't a lot of guests still book by just calling Disney? I don't remember if the dining brochure is included with any of the travel documentation but it makes sense to include a brochure with the confirmation.

edited to add--The four page version of the brochure online isn't even the version that was posted right before the 5 page brochure was posted. The brochure had been changed to say snacks include....

wdwobsessed said:
I will go one step further and say I can't believe they don't mail the brochure out with your travel docs! That would make the most sense. I still wonder what happens to people who don't know much about the net. (Yes, they do exist.)
If you look at the brochure (either the 4 page or 5 page ;) ) you will see that it was never designed as a sales piece. In fact, the prices of the plan are not even mentioned in the brochure.

The brochure is an owners manual, designed to be given out at checkin, to help participants understand and benefit from the DDP during their stay at WDW. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's not to say that a sales or planning piece wouldn't be helpful in a confirmation package, but this brochure was never designed to be that tool.

I think the Mouse is Mysterious too.
Yep...in so many ways.

wdwobsessed said:
Totally your opinion ... not fact.

I own a business that caters to children and I talk to dozens of parents each year who are taking the plunge. They have no clue of anything for the most part and a lot of TA's are worse.

WDWO

Well actually it is based on fact. I have a friend that is a manager at the DRC, and the majority of trips to Disney World are booked either through Walt Disney World Travel Co. or independent travel agents. What happens here at the DIS is not the majority of travelers. Also many book packages and that is not the norm for the DISers.

My statement got all twisted somehow.

1st: I was not saying that WDW should send out the brochure as a sales tool. I know it's an owners manual ... but an owners manual to an item that requires advanced preperation and planning ... yet they choose to pass it out at check in when it's really kinda too late at that point. (Where TS is concerned anyway).

I stated it should be sent out with your travel docs I never said anything about it being used as a sales tool so I don't even know where that came into play. :confused3 In other words ... my trip is paid in full and they will send my travel docs to me now. As a person who already paid for the package with the DDP ... I should be getting a brochure on how to use it. Not when I check in!

2nd: I stated that the "fact" (not) that most people either know about "sites like these" or "book through a travel agent that gives them the brochure" ...w was not a fact. I didn't dispute HOW people book thier vacation ... I disputed that "most" people KNOW about sites like these and that MOST people have TA's who give them the brochure in advance.

I still think the DDP brochure should be sent out ideally at time of booking after a deposit has been made ... or at least at the very latest when final payment is made.

Most do not know about sites like these ... and most do not get a DDP brochure from thier TA. The WDWTA does not even give them out to thier clients in advance for goodness sake!

WDWO

wdwobsessed said:
I was really thinking I would come on today and someone would have provided me with a link to the 5pg brochure that included the FAQ.
:confused3

The silence is making me think no one else can pull it up either? If people could check and tell me what they got that would be great.

Maybe something is wrong with my computer.

WDWO

I thought it may be your cookie file but I just tried to pull the description up again and got the 4 page one/ So not sure what is going on.

Five Page Dining Plan Brochure

This comes up as the five page dining plan brochure. I hope it helps!

(Being a TA myself, everyone get's one of these when they put their deposit down, dining plan or no dining plan. Sometimes it convinces them to add the dining plan; if not, it at leasts aids them in finding restaurants and booking them on their own.)

wdwobsessed said:
My statement got all twisted somehow.

1st: I was not saying that WDW should send out the brochure as a sales tool. I know it's an owners manual ... but an owners manual to an item that requires advanced preperation and planning ... yet they choose to pass it out at check in when it's really kinda too late at that point. (Where TS is concerned anyway).

I stated it should be sent out with your travel docs I never said anything about it being used as a sales tool so I don't even know where that came into play. :confused3 In other words ... my trip is paid in full and they will send my travel docs to me now. As a person who already paid for the package with the DDP ... I should be getting a brochure on how to use it. Not when I check in!WDWO
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood.

yellowfish78 said:
Five Page Dining Plan Brochure

This comes up as the five page dining plan brochure. I hope it helps!

(Being a TA myself, everyone get's one of these when they put their deposit down, dining plan or no dining plan. Sometimes it convinces them to add the dining plan; if not, it at leasts aids them in finding restaurants and booking them on their own.)
I'm still going with "The Mouse is mysterious."

yellowfish78 said:
Does that mean the 5 page didn't come up for you then?
No, the link worked perfectly. Thanks. I'll just miss all of our speculation and intrigue! :rolleyes:

yellowfish78 said:
Glad I could help (even if I did ruin the mystery!)
You didn't ruin anything -- I'm sure there's a plot here somewhere!

Personally I think some evil person from the other theme parks hacked into the Disney computers and took it away. :rolleyes1

momtotwinglesx4 said:
No worries Jim--mystery is still on. Yellowfin's copy of the brochure was from disneytravelagents.com website.

Here's the brochure from Disney's website (5th page still mysteriously missing)
Both of those links are for TAs only. The one on disneytravelagents.com is in a directory named "2006" while the one on the Disney website is named "2003" -- you do the math. :)

And in case anyone had any doubt about who was behind disneytravelagents.com:

Registrant:
Disney Enterprises, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
US

Domain Name: DISNEYTRAVELAGENTS.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Disney Online
domain.registrar@ONLINE.DISNEY.COM
Attn Phil Wahl 500 S Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
US
Phone: 818.623.3325
Fax: 818.623.3555

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter