Can anyone pull up the 5pg brochure? I still can't!

HaleyB said:
There are several possible reasons:

1) Disney is rewording it.

2) It was causeing more confussion (as in calls with questions) so Disney pulled it.

3) The Mouse is mysterious.

4) Disney is rethinking the no shareing of credits rule (I don't think so, but I do think that is what people want to hear)
OR...it's either a problem with the link on this site, or with our browser caches shortcutting and sending us to the old URL.

I'm personally going with #3 above.

Tanya90210 said:
took me a while of reloading but I have the 5 page one... I saved it to my pc... PM me if you want me to email it to you

You're saying you got the 5 page brochure to come up today? From where please, so I can try?

JimMIA said:
The underlying question -- and the real reason for this thread -- is they're wondering if Disney is backtracking on the no adult meal for kids credit thing.

I personally doubt it, but that's what they are trying to determine.

You're making big assumptions in stating what you feel are the reasons for this thread. I don't think Disney will backtrack on not using child credits for adults either (and I personally think they should separate them), but the purpose of the tread is plain and simple -- did Disney intentionally remove the FAQ?

I don't think the OP intended for this to be another thread debating sharing, using child credits for adults, people not on the dining plan using credits, etc., etc. There are dozens of other threads for those arguments.

that is *exactly* what I want to know.
Then ask the Disney Dining Plan management directly. You're surely not going to get a definitive answer here! :rotfl: To be fair, you probably won't get a definite answer even from Disney Dining Plan management. The answer to that specific question is about an internal decision, something which is almost surely not intended for public release. I think we sometimes forget that we're not owed explanations for many things we'd like to know.

bksmm said:
You're making big assumptions in stating what you feel are the reasons for this thread. I don't think Disney will backtrack on not using child credits for adults either (and I personally think they should separate them), but the purpose of the tread is plain and simple -- did Disney intentionally remove the FAQ?

I don't think the OP intended for this to be another thread debating sharing, using child credits for adults, people not on the dining plan using credits, etc., etc. There are dozens of other threads for those arguments.
:rotfl2: I think if you'll read my six other posts on this thread, you'll clearly see that I'm not trying to re-start a sharing thread. (and if I did, you and I would be on the same side...but let's not hijack OP's thread.)

Relax...take a deep breath...it's going to be okay...

No, sorry. There really is no way for a definitive answer to that question to come from a discussion board.

I've tried to find the brochure independently of the link in the FAQ thread on this board, but have not succeeded. I'm still guessing it's a glitch with this site, but I don't know that for sure.

I sent a PM to the OP of the FAQ to see if they can shed any light on the subject. Hopefully they know.

ETA: The other option -- which I suggested earlier (and which I would do if I were wondering about the child/adult thing) -- is simply call Disney Dining.

I doubt that Joyce would be in a position to know; I don't believe anyone on the Disney side has been willing to change their proprietary information policies to open the door to what goes on "behind the curtain" a little wider for us guests.

JimMIA said:
I've tried to find the brochure independently of the link in the FAQ thread on this board, but have not succeeded. I'm still guessing it's a glitch with this site, but I don't know that for sure.

I sent a PM to the OP of the FAQ to see if they can shed any light on the subject. Hopefully they know.

ETA: The other option -- which I suggested earlier (and which I would do if I were wondering about the child/adult thing) -- is simply call Disney Dining.

Nope, going through the Disney site all you'll hit is the 4 page FAQ right now.. Here's the page with the link to the FAQ - juct click on the selected restaurants link in the first paragraph and it'll bring up the FAQ.

I'm curious as to why they've taken it down, too. :confused3

Considering the brochure being given out today at the resorts is the 5 page version I would say it is a computer problem.

Thanks for the update, Sammie. That's pretty definitive information.

bicker said:
Thanks for the update, Sammie. That's pretty definitive information.

Yeah, most likely.

Just playing the other side of the coin for a moment, though- they could just be passing out the 5 page brochures at the resorts because they don't want to just toss them all and they intend to go back to using the 4 page brochure as soon as they run out. I know, not likely, but just noting that there could be another explanation. :goodvibes

Sammie said:
Considering the brochure being given out today at the resorts is the 5 page version I would say it is a computer problem.

Thanks for the update Sammie.

Mariposa: Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem. :)

bicker said:
Mariposa: Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem. :)

All apologies to Occam, but- while I stated the previous reasoning was more likely- I like to explore all possibilities whenever possible. :goodvibes

Well ... I still think it's interesting that it is gone from the site.

Thanks to all those who tried to answer my question.

People would use the online version to "plan" thier "planning" so I think it's a big mistake to post one version and hand out another.

I will go one step further and say I can't believe they don't mail the brochure out with your travel docs! That would make the most sense. I still wonder what happens to people who don't know much about the net. (Yes, they do exist.)

I think the Mouse is Mysterious too.

WDWO

Most people who use the net to plan a Disney vacation probably know about these types of forums.

People who don't, use travel agents and they have the brochures to give to their clients.

wdwobsessed said:
Well ... I still think it's interesting that it is gone from the site.

Thanks to all those who tried to answer my question.

People would use the online version to "plan" thier "planning" so I think it's a big mistake to post one version and hand out another.

I will go one step further and say I can't believe they don't mail the brochure out with your travel docs! That would make the most sense. I still wonder what happens to people who don't know much about the net. (Yes, they do exist.)

I think the Mouse is Mysterious too.

WDWO

Interesting yes, but if the five page is the one handed out at resorts, probably not telling. My husband runs a big ecommerce site and sometimes a file will get overwritten by a batch job and it will take MONTHS for them to find out and replace the file (they are currently working on one to figure out what happened two months ago - they just figured out it hadn't updated last week!)

My original bet was that it was pulled because someone in the approval chain (legal, communications) hadn't signed off - but if its printed and being handed out, that isn't the case. Now I'm guessing that its been updated on the wrong node in a cluster (and perhaps is still on that node - if you hit it, you'll get the five page brochure) and hasn't replicated. And no matter how many customers call Disney Dining, its probably unlikely to result in the internal IT call to get it fixed until its recognized internally as a problem (a coworker spent three weeks dealing with customer service over something on my husband's site and he didn't hear about it - three weeks later I spoke to him and it was resolved a day later).

From Disney's point of view "the plan is subject to change at any time" so it isn't a big deal to hand out a different version at the door. For us compulsive overplanners "subject to change at any time" is a problem - hard to plan around, but that's our problem, not Disney's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter