Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Thanks for sharing that .. It is amazing how far the DIS has come...

Afternoon guys! Wow, what a difference the weather makes, doesn't it make you feel much better!

We did get to see Coraline yesterday. It was only in 2-D rather than the 3-D, I was kind of disappointed. We all liked the movie but it definitely gets a creepy rating. It wasn't really scary just creepy. DS absolutely LOVED it and is now desperate to see it in 3-D :rolleyes: .

Today was such a productive day! Tried for 90min to get through to DVC MS to switch our June booking to the new THVs but all I got was a busy signal. :headache: Whoever decided to have THV and BLT bookings begin on the same day should be shot! Went to church and was able to get through then and change over to THV. Brought in all the decorations from the yard, took DS for a haircut and will pick up DD11 from basketball practice and get dinner at Panera.

Leigh - glad to see you around again. I watched the ice skating on TV and was thinking of you. Glad you had a good time.
*I say Diz too.

Crissup, Hersey, Geffric - looks like we can have a mini-meet, we're signed up for the Sat event too but DD11 has a 8a basketball game so I'm hoping she'll finish early enough to get there.

disneygal - glad your event went well and that you were able to finish so early.

slo - hope you enjoyed your drive downtown, it sure was a nice day for it!

mac - thanks for the diet reminder but I have to confess we've already started here. :blush: DH had been having headaches and finally went to the MD, turns out he has high blood pressure. He put him on meds but wants him to lose 20lbs so we had to start right away.

Well, I've got to run and pick up DD11 from basketball. Can't wait to get to Panera, just love their soup!

Have a great night everyone! :flower3:

Leigh - glad to see you around again. I watched the ice skating on TV and was thinking of you. Glad you had a good time.

Crap! That was the exhibitions from Nationals, wasn't it? I forgot all about it. :sad2: (Or if it wasn't it, then I think it's already been on anyway.) Oh well, I last I saw it in person, but I like to tape it also.

Nothing new for this week. all repeats......
-----

This week's listings have been posted to
http://www.bartlett -sloan.net/ tv

---
Please Note - All times listed are for the Eastern Time Zone. Adjust
accordingly.
---

On Monday February 9, 2009 from 2:30 PM to 3:00 PM on ABC Family Channel is

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - DisneyWorld
While visiting a theme park (TVKirby note - Disney's Animal
Kingdom), Sabrina makes a potion that'll transform her into an animal,
but Valerie takes the brew for herself and Libby. Valerie: Lindsay
Sloane. Libby: Jenna Leigh Green. Sabrina: Melissa Joan Hart.

This show will repeat
Tuesday February 10, 2009 from 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM

---

On Thursday February 12, 2009 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM on TLC is

Jon & Kate Plus 8 Hit the Road
8 kids, 7 states, and 15 hours in one car...it's a road trip like
no other road trip! This summer, all 10 Gosselins will pile into their
gigantic blue bus and head south, to where else...Disneyworld!

---

On Friday Febuary 13, 2009 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Food Network is

Food Network Challenge: Disney Dream Desserts
Six teams of student pastry chefs face off in the Happiest Place on
Earth. On the line, a 14-thousand dollar scholarship and an internship
in the prestigious Disney kitchens. These students will be tested. In
eight hours, they will not only have to create four different
desserts,
but at the end of the day, they must also create a three foot tall
chocolate and sugar centerpiece.

---

It was a nice day for a drive - I enjoy taking drives :car:
Not many people downtown, which surprised me.
If anyone is interested, the Art Museum has free admission all during February - there was a banner hanging outside the museum with this info on it. I wish I had time in February to go - it's been awhile since I've been inside that museum.

Mac - I'm starting D-day early, because I really fell off my eating wagon this weekend. I've been cheating alot anyway with the cookies, but I really fell off the wagon this weekend. I made 24 cupcakes on Saturday afternoon, and the girls frosted them after church Saturday night, and we all pigged out on them, and there's only 3 left :eek: Plus, I've been sneaking some candy here and there, and then last week I didn't workout at all - I'm very very ashamed of myself!!!!! So, I'm starting today :thumbsup2

geffric - I need to checkout that Doorway to Dreams store someday:) . How has Schaumberg's Mall been doing with this economy. The mall by us, which is not nearly as big as your mall, is very slow. I don't go there much, but when I do go, I'm surprised with the low amount of people there.

DG - I"m glad your event was nice and you didn't have to stay to long.
**Happy DIS Anniversary!!!!!:goodvibes

Crissup - Thanks for that link!!! I will need to check it out while I eat my lunch today:)

Leigh - :wave2:

ID - I thought Coraline looked a little creepy too ::yes:: I'm glad your son enjoyed the movie. I asked Stephanie if she wanted to see it, and she said she didn't, so I guess we'll wait until it comes on video.

Well, I gotta go and get my butt working out - I got alot of calories to burn off :rolleyes:

Have a good day!!! :wave:

***Oh....the smilies are back to how they were before - thank goodness!!!!:banana:

Good Morning Everyone! :flower3: Hope everyone enjoyed the warmer weather!

Crissup ~ thanks for sharing that link. It is amazing how far the DIS has come! I however pronouce it like sk8leigh, like diz... as in disney. Never knew it used to be D.I.S. very interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

ID ~ glad to hear DS enjoyed Coraline. I thought the previews made it look creepy. But then again, it's from the same guy who mad Nightmare Before Christmas right? That movie also creeps me out. I'm not sure why though, i think it has to do with the clay-type animation. LOL!

Slo ~ glad you had a nice drive downtown! :goodvibes

Everyone else ~ :wave2: have a wonderful day! :flower3:

This warmer weather is really great!!!! :)
It's so nice to not freeze when I take Sophie outside.

To everyone - :wave2:

Well, I gotta run and get Stephanie up and going for school. Then I need to get dinner in the crockpot:)

Have a good day today :wave:

Good Tuesday morning Chicagoland Homies.....

time to break out the sunscreen.........:rolleyes1

Morning all. It is a beautiful, half-way warm, sunny day and I am going to take the pup out for a nice long walk shortly!! :thumbsup2
Hope you all have a great day.
Wish I was joining those of you at the DTD, but that is my weekend to work. Be sure to update those of us that can't make it on all the giveaways and suprises.
I think I will be headed that direction next week, however. A friend and I plan to take the kids to the Lego place next Tuesday and then head to the mall for lunch at Rainforest. I read that they may be headed out of business, so want to go at least one last time.
Have a nice day today all!:)

Good Morning Everyone! :flower3: Now if only this would be the coldest it gets from now until next fall. I'm not one to over estimate the weather. I still wore my winter coat this morning and put my scarf and hat in my bag. With my luck it'd rain or something and I'd be freezing. that being said, it was a very nice walk to work today, a tad windy but still pleasant! i think i may go get some yogen fruz on my lunch break. they just opened one on madison and franklin downtown. i'm quite excited! i love ice cream (well, this is frozen yogurt but still)!

Slo ~ what ya making in the crock pot?

Tigg ~ I didn't know the Rainforest cafe was headed out of business. This bums me out. I have only been to the one in woodfield once but enjoyed it and was looking forward to maybe eating there on our next trip to WDW. bummer.

Everyone else ~ :wave2: have a wonderful day!

What a beautiful day! It is almost spring like. I still have not gotten my propane tank to get filled. I feel so lazy lately must be spring fever.

Tigg I haven't heard about Rainforest but then I live in a bubble.

Breautiful Day!! If only it would stay like this for the next few weeks and then get warmer from there.

Tigg ~ I didn't know the Rainforest cafe was headed out of business either..

I walked to Jewel and got a few thigs.. it was wonderful.. gotta finish NHS stuff with Eric.. soon ya later..

HI to all!

Beautiful day today! :)

Geffric- Happy belated birthday to your DH :cake: :bday:
Hope things are going well with your job hunting :hug:

Have a good evening everyone.

I am so happy the girls had a chance to play outside the last couple of days. They really needed the fresh air, and a chance to get a little exercise. I wish this warmer weather would last a little longer, but I guess it is only February:rolleyes:

Mac - :wave2:

Tiiiigerrrrnnnnnn - Kevin has heard the same thing about Rainforest Cafe. He says it's actually Lawry's, that owns Rainforest Cafe, that is going under. Joe's Crab Shack used to be owned by Lawry's, and then another company bought it (I found this out when I tried using my Safri Club card there, and they wouldn't take it anymore), so I guess that restaurant is safe for awhile:)

piglet - :wave2:

DG - I threw some stew meat, cream of mushroom soup, mushroom, and some Lipton Onion Soup mix in the crockpot, and then served it over rice. I love making things in the crock pot - it makes the house smell so warm and fuzzy:goodvibes Plus, it's nice having dinner partially done when I get home:thumbsup2

HERSEY - :wave2:

geffric - That's nice that you can walk to Jewel. My Jewel is pretty close to, but not close enough that I could walk there to get groceries - anything cold, would be warm, by the time I got home.

Rose - :wave2:

Well, I best get going and work out - have a great day today!!! :wave:

Slo ~ My mom will be happy to know the Joe's is safe for now, it is her favorite place.

Today I have to go to the dentist for another round of fillings. Due to my sensitivity to the novocaine, they are only doing one tooth at a time.

morning chicagoland homies.

it is raining.............

i thought i just read that Rainforest Cafe in dtd was on the deluxe dining plan now.

did i misread that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter