Calling all Chicago DISers #3

I'm just under an hour west of Chicago.
I hope the storms aren’t to severe for you tonight. They are missing us, which I figured would happen, so I made sure I watered all my flowers after dinner.

I hope the storms aren’t to severe for you tonight. They are missing us, which I figured would happen, so I made sure I watered all my flowers after dinner.
They aren't too bad although had a bit of intense lightning for a while before the rain. We lost power for maybe a minute (Just enough to mess up the clocks!! UGH! but no big deal otherwise). It has pretty much passed at this point.

@Becky2005 - glad to hear that.

@Dan Murphy - how were the storms by you?

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend?
My DH and I are going to Pierogi Fest tomorrow - we’ve been going to this for 24 years now. We get there when it opens so we can walk around the crafters, get lunch, and leave when it starts getting really crowded 🙂👍🏻

@slo That sounds like fun.

I don't have anything exciting planned for this weekend. I have to work tomorrow for a few hours.

Reactions: slo

@Becky2005 - glad to hear that.

@Dan Murphy - how were the storms by you?

Anyone have exciting plans for the weekend?
My DH and I are going to Pierogi Fest tomorrow - we’ve been going to this for 24 years now. We get there when it opens so we can walk around the crafters, get lunch, and leave when it starts getting really crowded 🙂👍🏻
We had only about an inch of rain but in a pretty short period of time. Windy also.

Much nicer day today. Hope you guys had a good time at the Fest.

Don't work too hard tomorrow, @Becky2005.

Good morning! I was just in Maryland visiting my mother for her birthday -- we had storms there as well.

Good to "see" everyone!

Good morning! I was just in Maryland visiting my mother for her birthday -- we had storms there as well.

Good to "see" everyone!

Former NW Suburbs here, now in South Bend.
Just wanted to say hi to my Chicago People!
Hey there….glad to see you both! :wave:
Thanks for posting

Beautiful day here today ☀️

Anyone venture into the city lately?
We were there a few weekends ago to take DD19 to Gino’s East - her favorite pizza place. We’re trying to get all her favorites in before she returns to college on the 15th.

I went downtown to the office a few weeks ago (we're at Michigan and Wacker) -- it's a great time to be in Chicagoland!

Enjoy your DD!

I went downtown to the office a few weeks ago (we're at Michigan and Wacker) -- it's a great time to be in Chicagoland!

Enjoy your DD!
I agree - we love going downtown.
We don’t go as much as we’d like due to the parking. Unless you use a park hero lot, you’re paying an insane amount of money. When we went for pizza. and then took a walk to and around Water Tower Place, the parking cost $50 :headache::faint:.

I hope all the Chicago DISers enjoy their day today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter